Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Things to do while we wait

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Things to do while we wait Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Things to do while we wait - 2/6/2003 11:20:40 PM   
DavidW75

Good thing patients is a virtue.... Say does anybody here play SP:MBT, maybe we can get a pbem going. Any takers?
Post #: 1
Re: Things to do while we wait - 2/7/2003 2:30:55 AM   
Rune Iversen

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DavidW75
[B]Good thing patients is a virtue.... Say does anybody here play SP:MBT, maybe we can get a pbem going. Any takers? [/B][/QUOTE]

Ype i do. If you head over to the AOW forum you can watch a game in progress

(in reply to DavidW75)
Post #: 2
- 2/10/2003 2:47:19 AM   
Paul Wykes

hi,

Yes I play SPMBT. Currently playing an email game as part of theblitz ladder.

I`m also playing with TACOPS version 4 demo.

Has anyone got any other suggestions to try while we wait for the release?

(in reply to DavidW75)
Post #: 3
- 2/10/2003 4:23:21 AM   
DavidW75

Well I was hoping to see if someone would want to get a Cold War scenerio pbem going.

(in reply to DavidW75)
Post #: 4
email game - 2/16/2003 7:01:59 PM   
Paul Wykes

David,

If you are still available and are free I can play a email game of SPMBT version 1.5.

Just send me the starting file. I`m not fussed which side.

Regards

(in reply to DavidW75)
Post #: 5
- 2/17/2003 1:17:52 AM   
DavidW75

Paul,
Sounds great. I'll get it set-up and sent to you. I think I'll take the Pact side, although I don't know if it'll be the East Germans or Russians, heck maybe the Czechs.

(in reply to DavidW75)
Post #: 6
- 2/17/2003 3:13:28 AM   
DavidW75

They all sat listening to the intelligence update. The officer giving the report hoped his information was accurate. His unit would be in it's first fight of the new war today.
The situation was confused at best. He knew to the north the majority of the British I Corps was in a hard fight. It was under relentless assault by the Soviet 3rd Shock Army. Of more concern to the officers now scattered about the room was what was coming their way. It appeared that the enemy was committing an East German division to attack the flank of the British corps. It was this new threat which had seen these men lead their troops on a dangerous night march into their new positions.
As dawn gave way to a dreary grey day, the British troops had occupied fighting positions prepared by an engineer unit. No one knew for sure what was coming their way. Most figured the initial assault would be conducted by a motorized rifle regiment.
The terrain they occupied favored the defender. Low hills, plenty of woods and small villages to provide lots of ambush positions. A typical German landscape, the kind now being torched as armies fought their way towards armegeddon......

(in reply to DavidW75)
Post #: 7
- 2/18/2003 11:17:21 PM   
DavidW75

The battle has begun.

(in reply to DavidW75)
Post #: 8
update from the front - 2/19/2003 2:29:50 AM   
Paul Wykes

The commander stood viewing his surroundings, whilst cursing the engineers for failing to enforce his position.

As he stood, thanking his lucky stars that he had at least managed to disperse his troops into favourable positions, he was startled to hear the distinct whine of a milan missle launch.

So, he thought, it has begun.......

(in reply to DavidW75)
Post #: 9
- 2/19/2003 12:11:15 PM   
DavidW75

The East German Colonel was suprised by the fact that some of his BRDMs were off the net. In the distance smoke columns were rising above the hills. It might be a long day....

"I ain't never been nothing but a winner" Paul W. 'Bear' Bryant

(in reply to DavidW75)
Post #: 10
- 2/21/2003 3:04:26 AM   
Paul Wykes

After the initial launching of the Millan`s, a strange quite covered the battlefield, broken only by the continued barrage of pact artillery.

The norther sector was taking a pounding, with skirmishes involving advancing BRDMs.

Perhaps, the commander thought, the initial shock of the millans had startled his cautious enemy......

(in reply to DavidW75)
Post #: 11
- 2/21/2003 10:45:22 PM   
DavidW75

The Senior Lieutenant in command of the recon company climbed down from his BRDM and walked into the quaint German house. The luxuries inside disrtacted him briefly from the worries he was having. Almost all of his company was destroyed, and he was sure he had not found the main British positions.
Outside, artillery still reigned down on suspected positions. The sounds of the artillery were soon joined by the distinct sound of tank treads moving closer. The lieutenant smiled, his help had arrived.

(in reply to DavidW75)
Post #: 12
- 2/22/2003 6:18:42 AM   
DavidW75

The lieutnenant watched the T-72s and BMPs pull into the small village. Soon the infantry was stumbling out of the back of the armored vehicles, forming up at the edge of the buildings. The grunts moved toward the wooded hill north of town. As they grew smaller the lieutenant turned back to the matters at hand.
With the hill soon cleared of the British missles the advance would be ready to continue. A sudden explosion behind the BRDM almost caused the lieutenant to fall from the turrent. He turned in time to see the turrent of a T-72 slam down in the middle of the street. As the reverberations from the catastrophic explosion faded away the sound of small arms fire replaced it. The infantry advancing on the hill had made contact.

(in reply to DavidW75)
Post #: 13
- 2/22/2003 6:48:43 AM   
Paul Wykes

Still the shells rained onto the northern most hill.

How long could the troops there hold out?

The Commander took a deep sigh, soon he`ll have to pull those troops back, they cannot take much more punishment. Information that they had gathered was vital, several t72 had been sited, and infantry in the small village, strengths, however, could not be determined.

However, they have fought bravely and gained much needed time. Now, where is that air strike...........?

(in reply to DavidW75)
Post #: 14
- 2/26/2003 5:05:19 AM   
Paul Wykes

More BMPs came hurtling towards the lines.

As the smoke cleared from the northern hill, and with the lack of radio contact, it soon became apparent that there were few survivors.

Reports filtered thought about a contact on the southern flank with t72s

(in reply to DavidW75)
Post #: 15
- 2/27/2003 12:17:55 PM   
DavidW75

Leaving the small village the group of tanks and BMPs continued west. A low rise was their first obstacle, whcih they began to climb. The T-72s were in the lead as they made descended into a small valley. Across the way was their intial objective, a group of wooded hills. Suddenly the flash of tank cannons and the puff of missles leaving their launchers signaled new trouble for the East German assault. Soon numerous vehicles were burning, but the attack continued to press on.

(in reply to DavidW75)
Post #: 16
- 3/6/2003 6:14:30 AM   
DavidW75

The day trudged on for the East Germans. The colonel who's regiment was in the middle of a bloody assault pushed his men forward. On his southern flank Challengers had started to show up.
As the colonel's vehicle cleared the wood line it came into view of the small village that had witnessed much fighting. It was then that a new combatant entered the battlefield. Two Harriers came swooping in from the west. The regiment's air defences were alert and quickly opened fire. Luck was with the Brits today. Both aircraft pressed home their attack avoiding fire from AAA and SA-7s. Bombs rippled across a group of BTRs. The colonel saw one explode in a giant fireball. Probably one loaded with ATGMs.

(in reply to DavidW75)
Post #: 17
- 3/8/2003 7:54:11 PM   
Paul Wykes

This first strike by the harriers was executed with perfection. The RAF were doing their job well, the months of training had paid off.

All was quite, apart from the occasional action in the northern area of the village, everything seemed calm.

Perhaps, the commander pondered, this was the calm before the storm......

(in reply to DavidW75)
Post #: 18
- 3/9/2003 11:42:47 PM   
DavidW75

As the two jets left the battlefield, a young German tank commander reminisced about his day. It hadn't begun well. His tank was one of three attached to the lead combat recon patrol. Soon after crossing their line of depatrutre the first missles appeared. His friend's tank had exploded in a large fireball as a Milan found it's mark. After that they had made there way into small village. It was here that he had lost his platoon leader. That loss among others lead to the assault on the small wooded hill which now was home to the T-72. The fighting continued to rage around his position, but the commander hoped his day was done.

(in reply to DavidW75)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> Things to do while we wait Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI