Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

******** READ THIS BEFORE POSTING **********

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> ******** READ THIS BEFORE POSTING ********** Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
******** READ THIS BEFORE POSTING ********** - 4/4/2014 6:43:08 AM   
Dimitris

1. Please be kind. The devs are human beings too. The money you have paid for Command entitles you to a copy of the game, it's not a license to be a dick on an Internet forum.

2. Always post a save file (either autosave or manual save). Command is a complex simulation of how stuff works in the real world. The real world has a million variables that affect why something is happening and so does Command. Don't try to describe every variable - you can't. But the save file can.

3. Take the time to include information that is not included in the save file, such as the exact Build number (an issue may be present at Build X but no longer on Build X+1), personal configuration settings or OS info relevant to the issue etc. This will help the devs in reproducing your environment as much as possible in order to replicate & investigate your problem.

4. Always create a new thread for your issue. Don't add your report to an existing thread even if the OP there looks 100% identical to your own. If you wish to report multiple potential issues then please create one thread for each issue, even if these were observed on the same game session.
Piling multiple issues on a single thread makes it much more difficult for the devs to keep track of what is resolved and what is still pending. This means less time & energy for the devs to resolve your issue.

5. Please be patient. The devs are almost always either working feverishly on the next release or taking a much-needed break after a sprint (or may simply be busy with real life). Give them time to respond to your request.

6. While waiting for a response on your issue, read these:
http://kotaku.com/five-things-i-didn-t-get-about-making-video-games-unti-1687510871
https://m.signalvnoise.com/software-has-bugs-this-is-normal-f64761a262ca\
https://xkcd.com/277/

Thank you!

< Message edited by Dimitris -- 2/23/2018 9:16:09 AM >

Post #: 1
RE: ******** READ THIS BEFORE POSTING ********** - 2/11/2019 11:11:25 AM   
Dimitris

bump

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> ******** READ THIS BEFORE POSTING ********** Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI