Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Which horses are fastest?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> QVADRIGA >> Which horses are fastest? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Which horses are fastest? - 4/4/2014 8:15:45 PM   
NZgunner

without any injuries or loss of endurance, the fully upgraded chestnuts with the white blaze, or the dappled greys with two speed and one endurance?

the obvious assumption is that they are the same, but the chestnuts can sustain a higher top speed through the race

but it might be more interesting if the greys were slightly faster than the chestnuts (with the darker greys having more endurance but less speed) - this would add a more strategic element to horse selection, rather than simply going for the chestnut every time

it could even be extended to the horses with only two arrows and no endurance - these could be fastest of all off the mark, but will tire very quickly

the same question goes for chariots and aurigas - although in the case of aurigas it wouldn't make sense for the 2-star 1-heart guy to get less skilled if he randomly upgraded to two hearts

< Message edited by nzgunner -- 4/4/2014 9:16:55 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Which horses are fastest? - 4/5/2014 4:25:12 AM   
76mm

From my unscientific experience, the two arrow horses seem the fastest, as long as you don't whip them. The two, one endurance horses don't seem quite as fast, but maybe it's my imagination.

(in reply to NZgunner)
Post #: 2
RE: Which horses are fastest? - 4/5/2014 8:23:15 PM   
nats

I would guess all the horses with two arrows are the same speed (ie the fastest), endurance is only useful to resist damage from whipping which is very useful as you need to whip a lot in a race usually. But remember that your overall speed will also be determined by the chariot acceleration as well.

But I find that most races are won or lost in the first few stages when you often need to whip the horses - if you get any damage from that whipping you are pretty much likely to lose the race whereas if you can get through those 2-3 turns of whipping without damage to the horses and you have reasonably fast horses you will have a very good chance of winning.

< Message edited by nats -- 4/5/2014 9:24:06 PM >

"Its life Jim, but not as we know it"

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 3
RE: Which horses are fastest? - 4/9/2014 2:10:01 PM   
Niessuh

two-arrowed horses are equally fast indeed, differences come after suffering any damage, then the less endurance they have, the faster speed decays

Daniel López
Creator of Qvadriga and Mare Nostrvm

(in reply to nats)
Post #: 4
RE: Which horses are fastest? - 5/5/2014 4:35:34 PM   
nukkxx5058

But I have the impression that also the cart itself will influence other aspects like acceleration and ability to turn fast. So it's apparently multi-factor. I also suspect that dice rolls will influence the speed (ie 2 arrows are the best potential, but it also needs a good dice roll). It's just my guess as I have of course no idea of what's inside the code :-)
To summarize, it's quite complex to understand all these combined effects :-)

(in reply to Niessuh)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> QVADRIGA >> Which horses are fastest? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI