Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

FRAK!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> FRAK!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
FRAK!!! - 4/13/2014 5:36:25 AM   
FingNewGuy

Well... for a period of a couple years I thought the pirates might take me out. Half my planets had Hidden Pirate Bases on them (along with the endless obligatory ground battles), my colonies were getting raided regularly (sometimes successfully), installations getting attacked, freighters AND warships getting boarded and captured- by pirates, pirate fleets whacking my military fleets, and countless smuggling attacks... all happening in rapid succession, truly desperate times. Finally, improvements in technology aided the fleet; growing populations made it more difficult for the pirates to challenge me on my colonies, improved ground and space-based colony defenses cut down on the raids, and who knows what else contributed to things quieting down- a lot.

I've not had so much fun in a long time in a game!
Post #: 1
RE: FRAK!!! - 4/22/2014 10:29:58 AM   
Icemania

Wipe them out ... all of them!

After hundreds of hours of play I'm finding it difficult to get into many other Space Strategy 4X's after getting used to how much is going on in Distant Worlds ...

(in reply to FingNewGuy)
Post #: 2
RE: FRAK!!! - 4/25/2014 5:31:56 PM   
FingNewGuy

It is time to accept Distant Worlds as the ultimate power in the space strategy 4X universe!!!

I know what you mean... I have extensively played SoaSE, GalCiv II- DW is my personal favorite.

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 3
RE: FRAK!!! - 4/25/2014 7:20:09 PM   
Unforeseen

SoaSE is the only space strategy game i can play other than DW without getting bored SINCE i got DW. I used to be a MOO3 player.

I cannot accept DW as the "ultimate" 4x SS game however, the over abundance of resources in larger galaxies, certain game play issues that seem to have just been overlooked and several other design flaws will always leave me just a tad bit disappointed. If it wasn't for these issues DW really would be the ultimate 4x. That and a larger galaxy...it may have the largest galaxy I've ever seen in a game..but it still feels to small. I think..and i'm being selfish here...that 5 thousand stars would be an excellent number.

(in reply to FingNewGuy)
Post #: 4
RE: FRAK!!! - 5/28/2014 10:03:41 PM   
nedcorleone1

quote:

ORIGINAL: FingNewGuy

It is time to accept Distant Worlds as the ultimate power in the space strategy 4X universe!!!

Don't be too proud of this technological wonder you've constructed. The ability to destroy a person's weekend is insignificant next to the power of the... nah that's pretty powerful.

(in reply to FingNewGuy)
Post #: 5
RE: FRAK!!! - 5/28/2014 10:42:28 PM   
FingNewGuy

quote:

Don't be too proud of this technological wonder you've constructed. The ability to destroy a person's weekend is insignificant next to the power of the... nah that's pretty powerful.

(in reply to nedcorleone1)
Post #: 6
RE: FRAK!!! - 5/28/2014 11:21:18 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: mr_flappypants

quote:

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

Post #: 7
RE: FRAK!!! - 5/29/2014 12:54:55 PM   
Raagun

quote:

quote:

Amen man!

But I dont get bored from this game. I get tired. Now I play scenario as pirate and its constant beating against the wall. Constant raids by pirate factions. Controlling planets. Intell missions(90% tech I get from stealing as pirate). I dont think I will make it till the end :( but this way is super challenging

Post #: 8
RE: FRAK!!! - 5/29/2014 4:45:14 PM   
nedcorleone1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Raagun

quote:

quote:

Amen man!

But I dont get bored from this game. I get tired. Now I play scenario as pirate and its constant beating against the wall. Constant raids by pirate factions. Controlling planets. Intell missions(90% tech I get from stealing as pirate). I dont think I will make it till the end :( but this way is super challenging

I've yet to 'finish' a game. I usually spend a lot of time playing then 'start over' because I've learned new concepts from the forums that I want to implement from the beginning.

(in reply to Raagun)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> FRAK!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI