Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

System Requirements for SOW Waterloo?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> System Requirements for SOW Waterloo? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
System Requirements for SOW Waterloo? - 4/23/2014 1:57:37 AM   
dudalb_slith

I just got a new computer so I am sure I can handle it (Intel Quad,8 Gigs of Memory,Nvidia 610 card with 2 gigs of memory) but am curious just the same. Wargamers tent to be slow to upgrade,and I thnk others would like to know.
And is there a potential ETA for the game yet

In the Mean Time

VIVE L'EMPEREUR!
Post #: 1
RE: System Requirements for SOW Waterloo? - 5/11/2014 4:53:06 AM   
histgamer

No system requirements yet, and ETA is sometime before the Anniversary in 2015, nothing more specific than that at this time.

(in reply to dudalb_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: System Requirements for SOW Waterloo? - 5/16/2014 4:25:14 AM   
zakblood

well looking at the screenshots,

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3577784

don't think it's going to be low end tbh,

moving those maps and amount of units around, with smoke etc as well is going to take a half decent pc and graphics card to do it justice.

unless some very good programming by the team.

posters spec should be fine mind you for a guess, as make the benchmark any higher and you cut out half the members with older hardware unless games being built to scale, ie remove the sky, smoke, water, shadows and other frills on lower end pc's etc, few less units in your makeup etc etc, just to run the basic game for those at the lower end

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 3
RE: System Requirements for SOW Waterloo? - 7/14/2014 9:30:12 PM   
Werewolf13

quote:

ORIGINAL: zakblood

well looking at the screenshots,

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3577784

don't think it's going to be low end tbh,

moving those maps and amount of units around, with smoke etc as well is going to take a half decent pc and graphics card to do it justice.

unless some very good programming by the team.

posters spec should be fine mind you for a guess, as make the benchmark any higher and you cut out half the members with older hardware unless games being built to scale, ie remove the sky, smoke, water, shadows and other frills on lower end pc's etc, few less units in your makeup etc etc, just to run the basic game for those at the lower end

Those are purty screens for sure. A big improvement over SOW.

That said though appears to me that the engine still uses sprites - just sprites with much higher texture detail. Not pure 3D I believe.

We'll see...

Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 4
RE: System Requirements for SOW Waterloo? - 7/28/2014 7:15:43 AM   
zakblood

i love where it's all going atm tbh, wargames are starting to catch up on the looks side, not only have we got some great game play in most of the games now, there are all starting to look more pleasing to the eye as well, not that eye candy really matters, but it does help get more to the playing field, which is always good...

(in reply to Werewolf13)
Post #: 5
RE: System Requirements for SOW Waterloo? - 9/8/2014 4:29:30 AM   
aaatoysandmore

It will be for XP, VISTA and WIN7 ONLY hehe no Win8 or high end video cards or ram over 4gb Great I have optimum system specs.

If it's anything like SOW then there should be no problems with low end systems and video cards. I used to play sandbox mode with all the units from both armies on the map and that was over 150,000 and had no lag or chop and that included smoke from firing and dust.

i7920 300mhz quad core 64 bit os Vista with Powercolor HD 5500 1gb video card and 6gb of ram. Ran seamlessly after I optimized everything.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 6
RE: System Requirements for SOW Waterloo? - 5/6/2015 8:17:21 PM   
zakblood

Product Requirements :
MINIMUM
CPU: Dual Core 1.5 GHz CPU or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Video: 256 MB Dedicated Video Card with DirectX 9.0c or higher. Video card should NOT be integrated on motherboard, but should be separate, no shared memory
Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
Hard Disk Space: 2 GB Free
DirectX Version: 9.0c (Included)
Resolution: Variable, 1024x768 minimum

so doesn't mention win 8 or 8.1 or win 10 beta either, but would guess it will support it anyway on release

< Message edited by zakblood -- 5/6/2015 9:15:29 PM >

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 7
RE: System Requirements for SOW Waterloo? - 5/6/2015 8:31:33 PM   
con20or

One of our testers runs it on windows 8 no problem. Windows 10 we have not looked at yet.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 8
RE: System Requirements for SOW Waterloo? - 5/7/2015 5:21:43 AM   
zakblood

thanks for the clarification then, as the spec says minimum but also is different from some who do list others in there spec lists, so can be read both way as others posted above have already speculated etc

again thanks for the reply

(in reply to con20or)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> System Requirements for SOW Waterloo? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI