Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

how to trasport caslon to palces i want it to be

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> how to trasport caslon to palces i want it to be Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
how to trasport caslon to palces i want it to be - 4/29/2014 5:39:19 PM   
Blueinstinct

Hey, so iam having a very good time playing shadows with prewarp start.
Now i have just conquered a nice planet but it has 0 caslon stockand my private sector refuses to transport caslon to it.

how long does it usually take them to supply a new panet?
they have alrdy sent many frighters there but only to take resources like chromium from it and bring it to my other planets, but none of them was bringing anything.

I guess i can not build state frighters and order them to transport specific resources..

also i was thinking about building bases at strategic positions to function as a refule/repair station for my attack fleets, but seen how my provate sector isnt even supplying a fully populated planet that has a spaceport alrdy, i dont think that idea would work out to well

other than that the game is awesome

greetings
Post #: 1
RE: how to trasport caslon to palces i want it to be - 4/29/2014 7:07:31 PM   
CyclopsSlayer

This is one of the reasons I prioritize the 'Energy Collection' technology.
Adequate collectors will allow your shields, mines, and other systems operate without needing fuel. At least as long as they are near a star and out of combat.
Be sure to add collectors to ships that spend any significant time stationary. No need to spend fuel when sitting static over a world.

(in reply to Blueinstinct)
Post #: 2
RE: how to trasport caslon to palces i want it to be - 4/29/2014 7:34:29 PM   
Blueinstinct

yeah, i started to realize slowely how important energy collection is.

I was just wondering how the privat sector is priorizing the goods it is transporting.
or: If i can make it transport more goods/build more frighters.

greetings

< Message edited by Blueinstinct -- 4/29/2014 8:34:54 PM >

(in reply to CyclopsSlayer)
Post #: 3
RE: how to trasport caslon to palces i want it to be - 4/29/2014 8:02:49 PM   
Osito

Using energy collectors is a good suggestion; it helps a lot.

Do you have adequate stocks of caslon in your empire? If not, that might be causing the reluctance to transport it.

You might try building some extra gas mining stations over planets rich in caslon, especially in the new planet's system, to build up your stocks further.

Finally, bear in mind that the private fleet sometimes just gets clogged up and takes some time to sort out the distribution of the resources. It is one of the frustrations of the game.

Post #: 4
RE: how to trasport caslon to palces i want it to be - 4/30/2014 5:54:51 AM   
CyclopsSlayer

Another thing I have seen used later game to stretch fuel, and have dabbled with myself, keeping the Civilian Ships on Quantum reactors using Caslon, while having the Military ships use Fusion and Hydrogen fuel.

I fear though it may confuse the distribution AI with competing fuel requests.

(in reply to Osito)
Post #: 5
RE: how to trasport caslon to palces i want it to be - 4/30/2014 10:39:59 AM   
TrooperCooper

Dont forget to make use of resupply ships. They can easily allow you to operate with military forces of any size in distant areas. Just load em up at a fuel source near your home and then deploy them on any celestial in or near your operations area. Or have them function as mobile gas mine. Though make sure they only get to fill up with the one fuel type that you use in your military ships, else you waste cargo space. Control this by selecting sources that only have that specific (caslon / hydrogen) type.

Resupply ships will not be used by your private sector or your allies to refuel, so with a little micromanagement you get a fully independent refuelling option.

Post #: 6
RE: how to trasport caslon to palces i want it to be - 4/30/2014 10:46:26 AM   
Blueinstinct

hey guys, tnx for the responses, so, the caslon was delivered eventually. And the designs with the energy collectors are working nicely and help alot.

anyways, has anyone tried to build stations on uninhabited planets for the purpose of defending + refuling and repairing/building ships

Ive made a sation design wich has lots of cargo bays, docking bays, plants and construction yards aswell as weapons and shields.
I checked back after some years without really using it (no conflicts broke out) and it got about 25-100 units of most of the strategic resources in stock, wich isnt all that much but i didnt order anything to refule/build there.

Was just wondering if anyone tried that before?

greetings

edit.: tnx for the tipp with the resupply ships, il try that tonight, just wasnt confident about how to use them before.
now u made me wanna try it, seems like they are what i wanted to have with my 'support bases'

< Message edited by Blueinstinct -- 4/30/2014 11:54:43 AM >

Post #: 7
RE: how to trasport caslon to palces i want it to be - 4/30/2014 11:23:52 AM   
Osito

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blueinstinct

anyways, has anyone tried to build stations on uninhabited planets for the purpose of defending + refuling and repairing/building ships

Ive made a sation design wich has lots of cargo bays, docking bays, plants and construction yards aswell as weapons and shields.
I checked back after some years without really using it (no conflicts broke out) and it got about 25-100 units of most of the strategic resources in stock, wich isnt all that much but i didnt order anything to refule/build there.

Was just wondering if anyone tried that before?

I don't think that is likely to work well for refueling - you need resupply ships for that, as mentioned by TrooperCooper.

Another option is to build 'weaponised' gas mining stations. Take a normal gas mining station and dump a load of weapons and shields on it. There are two downsides to this: (1) it won't survive a concerted effort to destroy it (but it will deal with random small attacks and most spacemonsters); (2) it won't always have fuel, because freighters will come and take the fuel from time to time.

Post #: 8
RE: how to trasport caslon to palces i want it to be - 4/30/2014 1:40:15 PM   
CyclopsSlayer

Also consider adding Hab Modules to your stations. ~10 extra Hab's, 20 spaces, will get your Boarding Defense strength to near 300 depending on race factors. While not immune to being captured, 300+ renders captures to be a rare event.

(in reply to Osito)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> how to trasport caslon to palces i want it to be Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI