Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why does my leader keep getting replaced?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Why does my leader keep getting replaced? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why does my leader keep getting replaced? - 5/15/2014 11:49:54 AM   
LSD

I'm playing pre-warp Zenox, as a Technocracy, and i've got a really good leader: all positive traits and abilities -- absolutely perfect.
Somehow he keeps getting replaced. I've re-loaded a good 5-6 times now, and every time i do he's randomly replaced for being deemed "incompetent".

I've never had this issue before, and Zenox Technocracy is the only race/government i play.

Any idea how i can stop him getting replaced, or somehow prevent the game trying to replace him? I think it's got something to do with a scientist that got generated with a +20% empire wide research bonus, which the game somehow thinks makes him a better leader.
Post #: 1
RE: Why does my leader keep getting replaced? - 5/15/2014 12:54:44 PM   
Jeeves

No, the ultra genius scientist is not the problem. Take look at the characters screen and select leader each time you start a session. Also, do what I call the pro-forma every few months, checking all management screens to see if there is anything you could do better. If you have poor management practices or play on very high speed and never check the message log, your leader is almost guaranteed to be replaced.

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay

(in reply to LSD)
Post #: 2
RE: Why does my leader keep getting replaced? - 5/15/2014 1:55:18 PM   
Shark7

Hehe, just wait till you play as a republic....darn those elections!

Jeeves has some good suggestions. I also suggest keeping an eye on resource management. Nothing says incompetence faster than allowing your empire to run out of resources which causes the economy to collapse.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to Jeeves)
Post #: 3
RE: Why does my leader keep getting replaced? - 5/15/2014 2:32:47 PM   
Jeeves

LOL I never play as democracy or republic for precisely that reason.I don't nurse a leader along getting him to be good only to have him replaced in an election. I never have a problem once I have way of the ancients, no elections.

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 4
RE: Why does my leader keep getting replaced? - 5/15/2014 4:09:58 PM   
LSD

Ah, i was playing at 4x speed and not paying attention to anything. I don't even have warp-drives yet, so nothing's going on, meaning the only things in the log are retrofit messages :(

I went back and did as you said, browsing through log screens a bit, and everything's fine. It's been years since, and my leader hasn't been ousted.
Cheers guys!

Oh, and also: does changing government not change your leader too? I've always ignored Way of the Ancients because i'm too attached to my leader. I figured having a revolution would replace him along with the government.

< Message edited by LSD -- 5/16/2014 7:34:36 AM >

(in reply to Jeeves)
Post #: 5
RE: Why does my leader keep getting replaced? - 5/15/2014 4:53:07 PM   
FingNewGuy

quote:

Oh, and also: does changing government not change your leader too? I've always ignored Way of the Ancients because i'm too attached to my leader. I figured having a revolution would replace him along with the government.

When I changed Government type from Feudalism to Way of Darkness I kept my original leader.

(in reply to LSD)
Post #: 6
RE: Why does my leader keep getting replaced? - 5/16/2014 12:41:47 PM   
Jeeves

Government change does not change the leader...

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay

(in reply to LSD)
Post #: 7
RE: Why does my leader keep getting replaced? - 5/17/2014 11:47:05 AM   
LSD

Well that's great. Means i don't have to ignore Way of the Ancients anymore.

Also got some other miscellaneous questions, and figured it'd be better to ask here than open another thread:

First, does anyone have any tips for making AI colonies revolt? Another empire's decided to colonise a handful of colonies in my empire space, but no matter how many times i do the "incite rebellion at colony" missions, they never seem to revolt and join me. The galactopedia page says that once an empire drops to red approval, they "won't stay yours for long", which kind of implies full scale rebellion. I've had a colony on permanent -11 approval for a long time now, but nothing's happening :(

Second, is there a way to remove automation from certain construction ships? I've noticed they completely ignore the "automate this ship" button. If i have construction ships doing things like repairing abandoned ships, they still get randomly assigned new build orders (like for mining stations). It's already leading to issues with automated CS ships hanging around outside my ports while non-automated ones have lots of orders in the queue, meaning nothing's getting built.

Thanks again.

(in reply to Jeeves)
Post #: 8
RE: Why does my leader keep getting replaced? - 5/18/2014 4:42:47 AM   
Jeeves

Colonies generally don't revolt if the revolutionary guard - typically six troops, would be beaten by troops of the empire at the colony. Generally a colony revolts regardless of garrisoned troops if happiness is-20 or more, not -11...

On the constructors, I suspect that you are misinterpreting what is automated. It is automated if the ships and bases screen or construction yards listing shows a circling arrow for the unit in the far right automation column. I've never had non automated constructors change their orders or start new tasks without my ordering them. The only thing I can figure is that you must be using the expansion planner to send constructors to do mines in advance of constructors being available. I don't ever do that, and recommend against it because by the time a constructor is free, your tech will have advanced, making the mine obsolete before building ever starts. Also, the nearest constructor to the work is used rather than the next available constructor, resulting in overloaded constructors with several missions while others sit idly waiting for orders.

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay

(in reply to LSD)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Why does my leader keep getting replaced? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI