Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Steam Page and New Video Trailer

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Steam Page and New Video Trailer Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Steam Page and New Video T... - 5/15/2014 11:57:55 PM   
Simulation01

Awesome job Erik!!! I noticed what looked like some new weapons graphics and they looked very nice! I loved the new trailer and I'm hoping the Steam release will be overwhelmingly positive. I will of course, purchase directly from Matrix though. Once again....Awesome job!

"Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved Earth and Heaven; that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will." -Tennyson

(in reply to Deomrve)
Post #: 31
RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Steam Page and New Video T... - 5/16/2014 12:11:44 AM   
Deomrve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Sorry, I broke the link while copying and pasting. I just updated the first post and here's the correct link:

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/515/details/Distant.Worlds.-.Universe

quote:

Edit2: My mistake the link at Space Game Junkie only takes you to the product page with no way to purchase.

That's because it releases on May 23rd.

I realized my mistake shortly after my second edit, but was too lazy to make a third edit.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 32
RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Steam Page and New Video T... - 5/16/2014 12:19:40 AM   
hewwo

Also, I think 10$ is a very reasonable price for the upgrade.

Post #: 33
RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Steam Page and New Video T... - 5/16/2014 12:47:28 AM   
Darkspire

Funky trailer

Not sure how things work over on the dark side but I will see if I can register with the forum for the release and help out on here and there as best I can, I will make sure I wear anti contamination attire though, do not want to get infected

Darkspire

Post #: 34
RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Steam Page and New Video T... - 5/16/2014 12:50:22 AM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: hewwo

For those of you that think the upgrade price is unreasonable or too low, please forward
a case of either Vintage Romulan Ale or Aged Correllian Whiskey
to coordinates x=120, y=-74, z=144
deep inside the Briar Patch Nebula by no later than Stardate 2014-5-22.

(Please ignore any Positronic communications you may inadvertently receive during your voyage!)

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to hewwo)
Post #: 35
RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Steam Page and New Video T... - 5/16/2014 1:16:46 AM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1

quote:

For those of you that think the upgrade price is unreasonable or too low, please forward

(Please ignore any Positronic communications you may inadvertently receive during your voyage!)

Hmmm, so someone is advertising deliveries of Romulan Ale...perhaps now is a good time to prepare a trap for a certain Ale swiping android.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 36
RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Steam Page and New Video T... - 5/16/2014 3:22:25 AM   
tjhkkr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7
quote:

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1
quote:

Hmmm, so someone is advertising deliveries of Romulan Ale...perhaps now is a good time to prepare a trap for a certain Ale swiping android.

No one but a drunken android would fall for that old trick...
Although he maybe trying draw in a more elusive prey...
The Dreaded Shakpurri!

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 37
RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Steam Page and New Video T... - 5/16/2014 3:28:29 AM   
tjhkkr

quote:

Sorry, I broke the link while copying and pasting. I just updated the first post and here's the correct link:
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/515/details/Distant.Worlds.-.Universe

Thank you!

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

Post #: 38
RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Steam Page and New Video T... - 5/16/2014 5:21:21 AM   
heyhellowhatsnew

Steam is fantastic and awesome and I am so happy you are getting your games out to a larger audience.

The forums are a cesspool, but to users like myself, it's a really convenient way to have all your games in one place.

Obviously I will be buying direct here because Matrix is in my heart and I love that you offer the choice of Steam keys for your customers. This is why I am loyal, ride or die. Matrix/Slitherine 4lyfe

Post #: 39
RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Steam Page and New Video T... - 5/16/2014 5:53:35 AM   
kirk23

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spacecadet

quote:

ORIGINAL: kirk23

I really hope that to play the game in the future,that you don't need to have a steam account.If the dreaded DRM issue re-appears,then this is where my involvement with Distant Worlds ends,I won't play via steam,not now not ever period.

As a Tester, I can assure you that I don't use Steam, so you shouldn't have to worry about that.

Thank you that's what I wanted to hear,I will never use steam for anything.

Make it so!

(in reply to Spacecadet)
Post #: 40
RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Steam Page and New Video T... - 5/16/2014 6:05:03 AM   
drillerman

When ever I see someone from Slitherine saying "us" on these forums it makes me feel uncomfortable. It that wrong?

Huh?

Post #: 41
RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Steam Page and New Video T... - 5/16/2014 8:14:36 AM   
necaradan666

Will that soundtrack from the trailer be available during gameplay with universe?!

(in reply to drillerman)
Post #: 42
RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Steam Page and New Video T... - 5/16/2014 9:17:49 AM   
ergie

I have some doubts, so I will ask here. I was planning to buy the game from the store directly (physical copy), and I own all the previous titles, but Im confused about the options you offer, so here they go:

1.-Looks like we can only buy prerelease from Steam, and as I want the physical copy, will I get it once I buy on steam?

2.-If I buy on steam the prerelease, and I get the physical copy, Will steam be necessary to play Universe? Or I will be able to play like in the previous titles?

3.-(Matrix Store)->The disccount for the previous titles will be applied in the process of buying Universe, or there will be some kind of refund after I buy it?.

4.-(Steam)->The disccount for the previous titles will be applied in the process of buying Universe, or there will be some kind of refund to the wallet after I buy it?.

Thanks

Post #: 43
RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Steam Page and New Video T... - 5/16/2014 9:49:54 AM   
garfield666

Hi

How will matrix store know how many dw expansions do i own? I mean, all i got was email with serials and download links...

(in reply to ergie)
Post #: 44
RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Steam Page and New Video T... - 5/16/2014 9:56:50 AM   
towerbooks3192

Few questions, if I have all except universe, I only get to pay $19 plus postage and handling to get a physical for everything? Also, do you post to australia?

Post #: 45
RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Steam Page and New Video T... - 5/16/2014 10:07:37 AM   
WiZz

quote:

The base price of Distant Worlds: Universe will be $59.99 Download / $69.99 Physical. This represents a significant discount over the previous series bundle. The Physical version is only available through our store and includes an updated and full color printed Distant Worlds series game manual.

For the release, it will be available at a pre-order price of $49.99 Download / $59.99 physical. This will be the pre-order price through Steam. As we don't do pre-orders through our own store, this will be our release price as well, with a post-release promotional period as with past Distant Worlds releases that allows early adopters to get the game for a lower price, after which it will revert to the permanent $59.99 / $69.99 price level.

I'm predicting a lot of complaining about very high price. However, this is not a big problem for mature DW-fans (thanks to coupons through Matrix store), like us, but still... 60 bucks (price of AAA-title! ) for old game series? Steamusers and new future customers will not understand this.

< Message edited by WiZz -- 5/16/2014 11:08:43 AM >

Post #: 46
RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Steam Page and New Video T... - 5/16/2014 11:04:50 AM   
Algon

quote:

ORIGINAL: ergie

I have some doubts, so I will ask here. I was planning to buy the game from the store directly (physical copy), and I own all the previous titles, but Im confused about the options you offer, so here they go:

1.-Looks like we can only buy prerelease from Steam, and as I want the physical copy, will I get it once I buy on steam?

2.-If I buy on steam the prerelease, and I get the physical copy, Will steam be necessary to play Universe? Or I will be able to play like in the previous titles?

3.-(Matrix Store)->The disccount for the previous titles will be applied in the process of buying Universe, or there will be some kind of refund after I buy it?.

4.-(Steam)->The disccount for the previous titles will be applied in the process of buying Universe, or there will be some kind of refund to the wallet after I buy it?.

Thanks

Not official, of course, but my best guesses would be:
1. If you buy on steam, there won't likely be a choice of physical release, just digital. Pretty confident you'd need to buy here to get a physical copy.
2. As long as there is no DRM on Universe (Erik confirmed there isn't) you should be able to run the game from the executable itself after the game is installed (which will require steam for the steam version - no way around that)
3. My impression from the post is that you enter the serial keys of your previous purchases during the ordering process for Universe and the discount will be automatically made from the price (i.e. cheaper, not a refund.)
4. This one I'm not confident enough to hazard a guess about.

quote:

ORIGINAL: WiZz

I'm predicting a lot of complaining about very high price. However, this is not a big problem for mature DW-fans (thanks to coupons through Matrix store), like us, but still... 60 bucks (price of AAA-title! ) for old game series? Steamusers and new future customers will not understand this.

This is one of my frustrations with Matrix. Their prices are just way too high (across the board, not just for DW) in a market where you have competing outlets having regular sales where you can get similar products for a few bucks at most. It's stopping me from becoming a regular here. I like strategy games, and there are a lot of Matrix games that I'd like to get, but I simply can't justify spending the amount they cost. Even half price sales are too high. The only reason I got DW was because of someone raving about how good it is (they were right) otherwise there is no way that I would have spent the amount I have on it.

(in reply to ergie)
Post #: 47
RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Steam Page and New Video T... - 5/16/2014 12:23:56 PM   
Icemania

quote:

WiZz is right. Matrix may want to consider how pricing complaints have been managed in the Galactic Civilisations 3 Steam Forum. To avoid making the forum unreadable, similar complaints have been merged into the single thread. The limited approach to Moderation on the Matrix forums (where action is taken days later) is unwise on Steam.

< Message edited by Icemania -- 5/16/2014 1:28:29 PM >

(in reply to WiZz)
Post #: 48
RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Steam Page and New Video T... - 5/16/2014 12:27:32 PM   
Icemania

By the way the Steam Distant Worlds Forum is now live. Matrix you may want to consider adding a variety of useful stickies sooner rather than later e.g. Let's Plays, Guide to Guide, Forum Moderation Rules etc.

< Message edited by Icemania -- 5/16/2014 1:28:57 PM >

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 49
RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Steam Page and New Video T... - 5/16/2014 12:59:58 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: ergie

No, the physical copy is only available through our store. You can pre-order on Steam, but that will give you the download version only. Any purchase through our store will also give you access to a Steam key. If you want the physical copy, you should purchase through our store. It will be available in both places at the same time.

quote:

No, the version sold through our store does not require Steam. The version sold through Steam has no additional DRM and can be played in offline mode as well. If you purchase from our store, the entire installation and play experience will be the same as with previous releases.

quote:

There will be a page where you can get a discount code. You'll need to enter this into our store at the time of purchase and it will reduce the price before you make the purchase.

quote:

There is no upgrade available through Steam. If you want the upgrade coupon, you have to purchase through our store.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to ergie)
Post #: 50
RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Steam Page and New Video T... - 5/16/2014 1:00:56 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: garfield666
How will matrix store know how many dw expansions do i own? I mean, all i got was email with serials and download links...

All you need is the serial numbers. There will be a page where you enter all your previous DW release serial numbers and it gives you a coupon based on the number of releases you own. You then go to our store and choose the download or physical version, add in the coupon code to get the discount and make the purchase.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to garfield666)
Post #: 51
RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Steam Page and New Video T... - 5/16/2014 1:01:30 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: towerbooks3192
Few questions, if I have all except universe, I only get to pay $19 plus postage and handling to get a physical for everything? Also, do you post to australia?

That's correct during the release promotion period. After that, it would go up by $10. And yes, we do post to Australia.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to towerbooks3192)
Post #: 52
RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Steam Page and New Video T... - 5/16/2014 1:02:27 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

We'll see - I think it's impossible to make everyone happy, but I think that what we're offering here for a release that is brand new albeit built on many previous releases is a very fair price for the gameplay and content. It also represents a substantial discount over the previous full series price, before Universe was even finished.

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 5/16/2014 2:02:59 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to WiZz)
Post #: 53
RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Steam Page and New Video T... - 5/16/2014 1:03:35 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icemania
By the way the Steam Distant Worlds Forum is now live. Matrix you may want to consider adding a variety of useful stickies sooner rather than later e.g. Let's Plays, Guide to Guide, Forum Moderation Rules etc.

Yes, we will be doing that.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 54
RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Steam Page and New Video T... - 5/16/2014 2:12:27 PM   
ergie

Lots of thanks Erik for your answers.
For me its clear now: wait to 23th and buy from your store as always.

(in reply to Simulation01)
Post #: 55
RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Steam Page and New Video T... - 5/16/2014 5:14:13 PM   
towerbooks3192

quote:

quote:

That's correct during the release promotion period. After that, it would go up by $10. And yes, we do post to Australia.

Last question:

When are we going to be able to pre-order from matrix? I kind of want to pre-order ASAP before I spend my money on anything else.

You guys are the best

Post #: 56
RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Steam Page and New Video T... - 5/16/2014 5:35:57 PM   
Nevos

quote:

The base price of Distant Worlds: Universe will be $59.99 Download / $69.99 Physical. This represents a significant discount over the previous series bundle. The Physical version is only available through our store and includes an updated and full color printed Distant Worlds series game manual.

For the release, it will be available at a pre-order price of $49.99 Download / $59.99 physical. This will be the pre-order price through Steam. As we don't do pre-orders through our own store, this will be our release price as well, with a post-release promotional period as with past Distant Worlds releases that allows early adopters to get the game for a lower price, after which it will revert to the permanent $59.99 / $69.99 price level.

We will also be offering existing customers a discount based on what parts of the series they own. It's a $10 discount per release, so if you own everything that's been released so far (Distant Worlds + Return of the Shakturi + Legends + Shadows) then during the post-release promotion period, your price to upgrade to Universe would be $9.99 Download or $19.99 Physical ($49.99 or $59.99 - $40 discount for four previous releases). There will be a page on our site where you can get the upgrade discount coupon. This upgrade will be available through our store only, we don't have a way of doing this through Steam. All you will need to get the upgrade coupon is the serial number for each release.

We'll be offering Steam keys to customers who upgrade and purchase through our site.

Hello I have a few questions about the price reduction and how it will affect my brother and I. When Shadows was released I bought all the games twice, one copy of each for my brother and I. Does this mean I can buy more than one of Universe at the reduced price of $19.99? He wants the physical copy like myself but with his name on it instead of mine. When we discovered all the discs had my name on it came as a rude surprise for him and he wishes to get the physical copy of the upcoming with his name on it this time. I will be the one purchasing it like last time, so I would like to know how I can make sure he get's the same price as I am and have his name on the disc instead of mine?

Also how can I make certain that we both will get a Steam key with the physical copy? We both use Steam quite often and this came as a nice surprise that we can add it to our game library on there.

< Message edited by Nevos -- 5/16/2014 6:36:59 PM >

Post #: 57
RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Steam Page and New Video T... - 5/16/2014 8:01:06 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

When are we going to be able to pre-order from matrix? I kind of want to pre-order ASAP before I spend my money on anything else.

You guys are the best

Thanks - we don't offer pre-orders though. Our store at present requires payment when the order is placed and we don't want to charge customers before we can deliver the goods. So if you wish to order from us, hang tight until next week and you will be able to as soon as the game releases.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to towerbooks3192)
Post #: 58
RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Steam Page and New Video T... - 5/16/2014 8:03:40 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Nevos,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nevos
Hello I have a few questions about the price reduction and how it will affect my brother and I. When Shadows was released I bought all the games twice, one copy of each for my brother and I. Does this mean I can buy more than one of Universe at the reduced price of $19.99? He wants the physical copy like myself but with his name on it instead of mine. When we discovered all the discs had my name on it came as a rude surprise for him and he wishes to get the physical copy of the upcoming with his name on it this time. I will be the one purchasing it like last time, so I would like to know how I can make sure he get's the same price as I am and have his name on the disc instead of mine?

Not a problem. You have two serial numbers for each of the previous releases. So you and your brother would each take one of those for each release and separately request a $40 discount coupon. You now have two coupon codes. Then you each place an order for Universe separately, applying your discount code.

All that matters is that you have the serial numbers. Each serial number can only be used once to get a coupon, but it doesn't matter that your name was on the disc, etc. If you wish a physical copy with your name on it, you have to be the one placing the order, so you should order yours and then he should order his.

quote:

Also how can I make certain that we both will get a Steam key with the physical copy? We both use Steam quite often and this came as a nice surprise that we can add it to our game library on there.

Each of you will get one serial number for Universe. Each Universe serial number will get you one Steam key. You can then use your Steam key to activate the game on your Steam account.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Nevos)
Post #: 59
RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Steam Page and New Video T... - 5/17/2014 4:44:00 AM   
Athelas2211

Oh, finally.
I knew you will, but....

anyway, could you talk to us what made you rethink the decision on Steam? Was it Slitherine and their experience?

Anyway,
how will you know how many people bought the game because you release it on steam? (I'm one of those who would like to buy the game, but have been sustaining because it wasnt Steam available)

ath the moment, Steam store has a problem, I can't buy preorder, only add to wishlist, can you please fix it? Also, will you leave the price the same in US$ for EU customers?

Where is Kayoz now, I wonder....

PS please, experienced guys and Erik, please ge active on steam, and moderate well.

Good luck, I know it'll be worth it.

< Message edited by athelas.loraiel -- 5/17/2014 3:25:24 PM >

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: Distant Worlds: Universe Steam Page and New Video Trailer Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI