Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Thanks Matrix!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Thanks Matrix! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Thanks Matrix! - 5/25/2014 12:56:02 PM   
z1812

I don't like the Steam System and thankfully the games I want don't require it at the moment.

If that changes then I will have to think about it.

I wonder when you buy a Matrix game from steam if it is still available to you through your Matrix account.

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 31
RE: Thanks Matrix! - 5/25/2014 1:18:45 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: z1812

I don't like the Steam System and thankfully the games I want don't require it at the moment.

If that changes then I will have to think about it.

I wonder when you buy a Matrix game from steam if it is still available to you through your Matrix account.

John, I believe it is, but I'm sure some from Matrix will answer this.

Patrick

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 32
RE: Thanks Matrix! - 5/25/2014 1:40:40 PM   
VPaulus

quote:

No it will not be available in Matrix and Slitherine accounts
If you want the best of both worlds, you'll have to buy it from Matrix or Slitherine webshops and then redeem a Steam key from the Slitherine account.

< Message edited by VPaulus -- 5/25/2014 2:41:15 PM >

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 33
RE: Thanks Matrix! - 5/25/2014 2:48:13 PM   
z1812

quote:

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

quote:

No it will not be available in Matrix and Slitherine accounts
If you want the best of both worlds, you'll have to buy it from Matrix or Slitherine webshops and then redeem a Steam key from the Slitherine account.

If I read this properly, given that there was no difference in price, then this would amount to the same same thing, except that you would buy from Matrix first then register with steam afterwards.

This is very reasonable.

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 34
RE: Thanks Matrix! - 5/25/2014 2:58:05 PM   
Werewolf13

I'm 62.

When I was a lad of 3 or 4 I was taught that if one takes something that is not theirs and takes it without the permission of the owner that they were stealing. It was a pretty simple rule and easy to follow. Stealing was/IS wrong and no matter how one rationalizes it is never the right thing to do.

Have times really changed so much? Do younger generations not understand anymore?

Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 35
RE: Thanks Matrix! - 5/25/2014 4:01:47 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Werewolf1326

I'm 62.

When I was a lad of 3 or 4 I was taught that if one takes something that is not theirs and takes it without the permission of the owner that they were stealing. It was a pretty simple rule and easy to follow. Stealing was/IS wrong and no matter how one rationalizes it is never the right thing to do.

Have times really changed so much? Do younger generations not understand anymore?

In my humble opinion it can happen in all generations (we are all capable of greed or it does not apply to me), and it's up to us to point these things out...good comment Werewolf!

Patrick

(in reply to Werewolf13)
Post #: 36
RE: Thanks Matrix! - 5/25/2014 5:22:41 PM   
aaatoysandmore

Remove the branch from thy own eye before trying to remove the twig of another. Cast ye the first stone he that is without sin (ever). Love they neighbor as thy would thyself.

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 37
RE: Thanks Matrix! - 5/25/2014 5:36:51 PM   
DSWargamer

I come from the same bygone era, and the thing is, today's kids are not as bad as they are being painted.

Additionally, look at the problems with the world of today, the economic related ones. And now look at the ages of the people essentially responsible.

There is NOTHING intrinsically special about the people that were born before me, and nothing intrinsically special about my generation either.

They often refer to a generation called 'the greatest generation'. Actually, now aside from a lot of them were killed in 2 brutal world wars, which I doubt they really wanted to experience, there was nothing about them to make them any better than my son's.

I actually feel a lot of over all guilt for the world we've handed our youths. If they are guilty of downloading some songs and movies and some games, it just doesn't compare with the things the generations of the 40's and 50s have done to humanity and the world we live in.

I have too many too complicated wargames, and not enough sufficiently interested non wargamer friends.

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 38
RE: Thanks Matrix! - 5/26/2014 7:56:05 AM   
Deon

I'm really happy it's on Steam now. How else would I find out about Distant Worlds? :D
I am just too used to browsing games on steam, so it looks like I missed a few really cool titles lately.

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Thanks Matrix! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI