Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Retrofitting derelict ships

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Retrofitting derelict ships Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Retrofitting derelict ships - 5/27/2014 4:20:13 PM   
neofit

I found this derelict destroyer in my system. I fixed it, it has almost twice the firepower as the ones I have, and almost every component is above my technical abilities, so I am keeping it. It does not have a hyperdrive though. Its design is "Qaestor II", I created a new design through "Copy as New" named "DDX Questor II" where I only added a hyperdrive than I can make. But when I try to give the command to retrofit, it won't give me the option to retrofit to the new DDX design, only to the non-obsolete destroyer designs that I already have.

Technically I am only adding an element that I can make myself, the new hyperdrive. Or is it coded in such a way that if the design is "alien" and contains at least one component that I haven't researched yet then my techs won't touch it, because "there are complicated and scary things inside"?

I have no problems either way, I want to know if I am doing something wrong. I understand that hooking a hyperdrive to an "alien" power circuit may be dangerous.
Post #: 1
RE: Retrofitting derelict ships - 5/27/2014 4:41:56 PM   
Spidey

You can't retrofit with tech you don't have, so building a new ship that includes components you don't know how works is not allowed in the game. I made the same mistake myself the first time around, by the way.

That early ship you've found is therefore really only good as an early space critter killer and pirate deterrant. Once you've got hyperdrives, the best thing to do is to dismantle it for the tech bonus.

(in reply to neofit)
Post #: 2
RE: Retrofitting derelict ships - 5/27/2014 5:11:43 PM   
malkuth74

Without hyper drive I would Take it apart and get the technology boost from it. If it had hyperdrive then I might keep it. :)

(in reply to Spidey)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Retrofitting derelict ships Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI