Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ship Names

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Ship Names Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ship Names - 5/30/2014 8:34:52 PM   
tilarium

So I'm not a fan of all of my ships of one type being named the same with 001, 002, 003 etc as the only difference. I love that the exploration ships, construction ships and civilian ships all get named. Is there a way to get it so that my military ships come out with names as well? I know I can name them myself, but that gets very tireseome very fast.
Post #: 1
RE: Ship Names - 5/30/2014 9:38:51 PM   
Cauldyth

Cruisers, capital and carrier ships get unique names. Not sure if there's a way to extend that to destroyers and frigates.

(in reply to tilarium)
Post #: 2
RE: Ship Names - 5/30/2014 9:48:57 PM   
Darkspire

quote:

ORIGINAL: tilarium

So I'm not a fan of all of my ships of one type being named the same with 001, 002, 003 etc as the only difference. I love that the exploration ships, construction ships and civilian ships all get named. Is there a way to get it so that my military ships come out with names as well? I know I can name them myself, but that gets very tireseome very fast.

Copy the file shipNames.txt into your theme, in that you can specify all the names you want for the different classes. The lists are ordered and not random though.

For example, to ease the noggin overload, you could name the constructors;

ConstructionShip: Constructor 01, Constructor 02, Constructor 03, Constructor 04 etc

That way when each construction ship is ordered to be built it will have sequential numbers, first one is named automagicly Constructor 01, second one Constructor 02 etc

Darkspire

(in reply to tilarium)
Post #: 3
RE: Ship Names - 5/31/2014 6:57:27 AM   
chrisol

This might help:

Ship name mod

I haven't tried it but I think you can download either British Navy or IJN names for the ships...

bw
Chris

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Ship Names Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI