Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Top 10 Things Star Wars Ep. 4-6 Did Wrong

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Top 10 Things Star Wars Ep. 4-6 Did Wrong Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Top 10 Things Star Wars Ep. 4-6 Did Wrong - 5/31/2014 6:47:05 PM   
Kuokkanen

This is funny

[edit]
I realize some points in the video aren't waterproof, and Leia kissing Luke is exaggerated way too much. But I give it to the guy, he got some things right.

< Message edited by Matti Kuokkanen -- 5/31/2014 8:02:26 PM >

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Post #: 1
RE: Top 10 Things Star Wars Ep. 4-6 Did Wrong - 5/31/2014 9:03:12 PM   
Orm

Thank you for sharing.

He did indeed get most of it right. And he showed it in a fairly funny way.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 2
RE: Top 10 Things Star Wars Ep. 4-6 Did Wrong - 5/31/2014 10:22:59 PM   
Aurelian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

Thank you for sharing.

He did indeed get most of it right. And he showed it in a fairly funny way.

Yep

Jar Jar and Ewoks........ shudder.

If the Earth was flat, cats would of knocked everything off of it long ago.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 3
RE: Top 10 Things Star Wars Ep. 4-6 Did Wrong - 6/1/2014 2:23:08 AM   
RedArgo

That was good. I love that Storm Trooper bonking his head.

Kinda reminds of LoR. As soon as Gandalf figured out what the one ring was, why didn't he put Frodo on an eagle and send him straight to Mt Doom?

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 4
RE: Top 10 Things Star Wars Ep. 4-6 Did Wrong - 6/1/2014 4:32:07 PM   
Kuokkanen

Let's have some discussion about this.

8. THE DEATH STAR
Apparently the guy hasn't read novel Darksaber. I have. That novel has designer of the Death Star and flashbacks to it. Emperor himself summoned the designer and told him one fighter had destroyed it. Designer says something like: "Exhaust port? I knew I had missed something." Even if exhaust port had been barricaded, just blow up the barricade away, then shoot through.

6. THE WHOLE LUKE IS LEIA'S SISTER THING
That is written wrong, in the video. Talk about pressing point too far... I wonder what that guy would say about this. Truth is stranger than fiction...

5. 'BEN KENOBI IS AN *!
Right? Well... Movies could have some things that are not revealed to audience. One thing that is revealed, is Palpatine telling to Anakin that he, Anakin himself, killed Padme and children in his rage. Becouse at that point Anakin/Darth Vader believes anything and everything Palpatine tells him, he never had a reason to look for his children. Another is continuity error: original movies seem to assume Anakin/Vader never knew being a father. Same goes to member of Jedi Council declaring Anakin being too old for Jedi training. Maybe manuscript writers didn't have enough fact checkers...

In some novel Luke recounts his visit to ... Sky City. Damn, I have forgot the planet. You know what I mean. Luke says by rushing there he didn't do any good. 5th episode (Empire Strikes Back) reveals Jedi having ability to predict the future. Maybe Yoda & Kenobi wanted Luke to go there, make that one mistake, and learn from it, all the while knowing he has a good chance to survive and come back. And reinforce Luke's resolve to go through it by apparently trying to talk him out of it. If they had told him Vader is his daddy, it would have weakened that resolve and maybe stopped him from going. This is just my guessing, but if I hit on the target, this point (#5) is moot.

4. BOBA FETT IN EPISODE 6
"What the Hell was he even doing there?" Maybe Jabba had offered him a room in his palace to be used as his home and he took up the offer? Command Jabba's guards/soldiers? About his death... Han Solo next to him was practically blind, so why should he have worried about him? Still embarrassing way to get killed. There are worse ways to die and it happens. In another movie american soldiers play football inside barracks building, one falls, hits his head to corner of the table, and dies.

3. THE DARK SIDE
My grandmother told me something, could have been about alcohol: "If it is given little finger, it will take whole hand. When it has taken hand, it will take whole person." I'm fairly certain that was adapted for the dark side. And the dark side is manifestation of evil. Like good-neutral-evil alignment in Dungeons & Dragons. Furthermore it could have been like a string connecting Sith master, the puppet master, to his apprentices, the puppets. Novel The last command strongly suggest this. With Sith masters dead and Palpatine's last will fulfilled, Mara Jade is free woman and her own mistress despite being aligned to the dark side. Luke didn't fall for it becouse he didn't kill his own father, but Anakin was confused and had helped Palpatine kill Jedi master, so he was more frakked up and easier puppet for Palpatine.

2. THE STORMTROOPERS
Guy totally forgot beginning of the 4th episode, where stormtroopers capture and secure Leia's ship. They did that right.

< Message edited by Matti Kuokkanen -- 6/1/2014 5:40:52 PM >

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

(in reply to RedArgo)
Post #: 5
RE: Top 10 Things Star Wars Ep. 4-6 Did Wrong - 6/1/2014 4:51:56 PM   
Mobeer

Stormtroopers - the presenter overlooks their introduction as the most precise marksmen in the galaxy, then then they fail to hit anyone

How about:
* Han Solo says he knows some manoeuvres, then flies straight ahead
* Why build the death star when more star destroyers would be more useful?

My particular favourite issue is the acknowledgement of cloaking devices in The Empire Strikes Back. Now there was a badly thought out throwaway line from a star destroyer bridge officer.

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 6
RE: Top 10 Things Star Wars Ep. 4-6 Did Wrong - 6/1/2014 7:42:08 PM   
one more turn

Grand Moff Tarkin out-ranked Vader. It was only after the Battle of Yavin that the emperor re-organised the Empire's ranks and promoted Vader over the remanding Grand Moffs.
Tarkin and the emperor wanted super weapons to terrorise the galaxy.

(in reply to Mobeer)
Post #: 7
RE: Top 10 Things Star Wars Ep. 4-6 Did Wrong - 6/1/2014 9:47:39 PM   
Jevhaddah

quote:

ORIGINAL: RedArgo

That was good. I love that Storm Trooper bonking his head.

Kinda reminds of LoR. As soon as Gandalf figured out what the one ring was, why didn't he put Frodo on an eagle and send him straight to Mt Doom?

The Eagles lived in the Misty Mountains (quite far away) and Gandalf only realised what the ring was after he took it out of the fire at Bag End. Any attempt to fly into Fortress Mordor would have been spotted drawing Sauron's immediate attention to the event and the obvious destination ending up in Eagle and Hobbit fritters..

Cheers

Jev

I am really quite mad yoo know!

(in reply to RedArgo)
Post #: 8
RE: Top 10 Things Star Wars Ep. 4-6 Did Wrong - 6/4/2014 12:28:06 AM   
rodney727

We still love to watch all six movies good or bad.

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to Jevhaddah)
Post #: 9
RE: Top 10 Things Star Wars Ep. 4-6 Did Wrong - 6/4/2014 3:22:28 AM   
Jevhaddah

I prefer the books :)

Cheers

Jev

I am really quite mad yoo know!

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 10
RE: Top 10 Things Star Wars Ep. 4-6 Did Wrong - 6/4/2014 10:13:29 AM   
Agathosdaimon

it seems that the empire had gotten by pretty well to become..well.. an empire, why was it necessary for them even have the death star? after the death of the emperor and darth vader, wouldnt most of the empire just carry on as usual - wouldnt it be the start of a very long and bloody war still? i presume books have been written about this post death star period, i havent read that but no reason for that to be the end of the history for star wars universe

(in reply to Jevhaddah)
Post #: 11
RE: Top 10 Things Star Wars Ep. 4-6 Did Wrong - 6/4/2014 10:39:22 AM   
Hertston

You can't help but compare with what seems to happen in real history. For example, the Emperor dies, everybody is very happy and parties a lot, elections are called for the new Republic, a bunch of extremists gets elected due to ballot rigging and a low turnout, pass legislation outlawing all that troublesome Jedi stuff, there's the odd war or ten, a huge refugee crisis, and everybody is worse off than when the Emperor was around.

BTW, what WAS the problem with the Empire? Assuming nobody actually rebelled, life seemed to go on pretty much as usual and unmollested. The odd bunch of Stormtroopers lounged around for no particular reason, but didn't cause any trouble other than trashing the farm which, in view of the fact that R2D2 had been there was not unreasonable from the point of view of their 'war on terror'. And Alderaan was just asking for it, thanks to Leia doing the rebelling thing.

If though, the Empire/Republic faced an EXTERNAL threat, who would you rather have in charge? My vote would be for Palpatine and Vader every time. The Dark Side versus the Borg. Cool...

(in reply to Agathosdaimon)
Post #: 12
RE: Top 10 Things Star Wars Ep. 4-6 Did Wrong - 6/4/2014 6:25:23 PM   
Hotschi

What George Lucas did wrong is Star Wars Episode I and II. Have never watched III.

"A big butcher's bill is not necessarily evidence of good tactics"

- Wavell's reply to Churchill, after the latter complained about faint-heartedness, as he discovered that British casualties in the evacuation from Somaliland had been only 260 men.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 13
RE: Top 10 Things Star Wars Ep. 4-6 Did Wrong - 6/9/2014 2:46:31 PM   
Perturabo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston

You can't help but compare with what seems to happen in real history. For example, the Emperor dies, everybody is very happy and parties a lot, elections are called for the new Republic, a bunch of extremists gets elected due to ballot rigging and a low turnout, pass legislation outlawing all that troublesome Jedi stuff, there's the odd war or ten, a huge refugee crisis, and everybody is worse off than when the Emperor was around.

BTW, what WAS the problem with the Empire? Assuming nobody actually rebelled, life seemed to go on pretty much as usual and unmollested. The odd bunch of Stormtroopers lounged around for no particular reason, but didn't cause any trouble other than trashing the farm which, in view of the fact that R2D2 had been there was not unreasonable from the point of view of their 'war on terror'. And Alderaan was just asking for it, thanks to Leia doing the rebelling thing.

If though, the Empire/Republic faced an EXTERNAL threat, who would you rather have in charge? My vote would be for Palpatine and Vader every time. The Dark Side versus the Borg. Cool...

http://creativedestruction.wordpress.com/2007/01/11/the-empire-is-the-good-guys-revisited/

People shouldn't ask themselves why schools get shoot up.
They should ask themselves why people who finish schools burned out due to mobbing aren't receiving high enough compensations to not seek vengeance.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 14
RE: Top 10 Things Star Wars Ep. 4-6 Did Wrong - 6/9/2014 5:43:10 PM   
Kuokkanen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

http://creativedestruction.wordpress.com/2007/01/11/the-empire-is-the-good-guys-revisited/

Let's see...
quote:

Interestingly enough, the evil, wicked Sith Lords and their terrible wicked empire never ONCE violate the integrity of anyone’s mind to trick them into internalizing another’s thought.

Palpatine, just before his death, brainwashed Mara Jade to find and kill Luke Skywalker

MekWars

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Top 10 Things Star Wars Ep. 4-6 Did Wrong Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI