Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Way of Darkness

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Way of Darkness Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Way of Darkness - 6/8/2014 8:08:08 PM   
Lucian

Don't know if anybody else has noticed this, but in almost every game I play, at least one empire will have "Way of Darkness" government in the very early game. My understanding is that this shouldn't be possible without stumbling across a beacon and it seems to be happening far too much for that.

In my last game I Intelled the Dyuts (probably not how its spelled) into a revolution in the very early game. They were "monarchy" but changed to "despotism" and very shortly after (10 minutes) flipped to "Way of Darkness" somehow.

In the previous game, I met the Securans very early and they had "Way of Darkness" as their gov.

Is it a bug? I guess if no one else is seeing it it might just be some sort of weird quirk.

< Message edited by Lucian -- 6/8/2014 9:17:41 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Way of Darkness - 6/8/2014 8:24:14 PM   
moonraker65

Got a sneaky suspicion that Dhayuts and Boskara may start with "Way of Darkness". Something to do with their close family ties with the Shakturi. I'm sure I read that somewhere

(in reply to Lucian)
Post #: 2
RE: Way of Darkness - 6/8/2014 9:18:17 PM   
Nanaki

Way of Darkness/Way of the Ancients can be found, very rarely, in ruins as well.

I ate the batter of the bulge at Hans' Haus of Luftwaffles

(in reply to moonraker65)
Post #: 3
RE: Way of Darkness - 6/9/2014 8:33:17 AM   
Lucian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nanaki

Way of Darkness/Way of the Ancients can be found, very rarely, in ruins as well.

Yes, I know its technically possible to see this in the early game, but I have seen at least 1 early empire with "way of darkness" in the last 4 games I played and one of them was the normally "utopian" Securans. That seems too many although if its just me seeing it, it might just be bad luck and not a bug.

@ Moonraker: I checked and "Way of Darkness" is not a starting option for the Dhayuts and Boskara. At least when you start as a player. I imagine that AI controlled races shouldn't have it as a starting option either since it is a very powerful advanced government which would give a starting race a large advantage.

(in reply to Nanaki)
Post #: 4
RE: Way of Darkness - 6/9/2014 9:07:43 AM   
moonraker65

May have changed under Universe then but I'm sure there is a connection with Boskara and Shakturi for certain.

(in reply to Lucian)
Post #: 5
RE: Way of Darkness - 6/9/2014 9:41:45 PM   
ldog

I just had Securans with it. I set them for utopian paradise when I setup the game. It was about 12 years in (early for shadows, and I haven't ruled out them finding it or not since I haven't located the ruins). I thought it odd. Kiadians were a dictatorship (I've never seen them select that randomly), they had been set for WotA on setup. I went into the editor to fix (set Kiadians to republic) them and neither shows the option for WotA or WoD, and neither has gone back since (been a couple more years progressed in game).

All the other bugs are connected to the Shakturi moonraker, none of them have WoD available at start, other than in the ancients game.

(in reply to moonraker65)
Post #: 6
RE: Way of Darkness - 6/9/2014 11:57:06 PM   
Erik Rutins

Are you using a theme other than the default theme? If not, the only method would normally be for them to find it in a ruin.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to ldog)
Post #: 7
RE: Way of Darkness - 6/10/2014 12:57:52 AM   
Nanaki

The AI is fairly effective at sniffing out ruins, and the RNG can very easily plop one down near them with the special government, so that is most likely how they got it.

I ate the batter of the bulge at Hans' Haus of Luftwaffles

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 8
RE: Way of Darkness - 6/10/2014 5:08:22 AM   
Lucian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Are you using a theme other than the default theme? If not, the only method would normally be for them to find it in a ruin.

No its definitely default theme, I haven't even tried the ancients theme yet. That being said, in my latest game I found a "Way of the Ancients" ruin after only about 10 years. I guess if I can do it then the AI's can do it too.

I suppose I might have just run into a very unlikely string of early Way of Darkness finds by the AI, but seeing the Securans with WOD was quite unusual, I had never seen that before in shadows.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 9
RE: Way of Darkness - 6/10/2014 5:47:54 PM   
ldog

Default yes.
So I found the gate of eternal blackness or whatever not too far from the Securans & the Mortalens (Morts also showed up with WoD), and it was used. I haven't found the 2nd ruin yet, but I expect that will be used as well.

(in reply to Lucian)
Post #: 10
RE: Way of Darkness - 6/12/2014 4:22:11 PM   
GVind

In my current game 2 AIs found ruins and got medals for switching to way of darkness. I was sure before only 1 ruin exist for way of darkness and way of the ancients. Looks like this is not the case.

(in reply to ldog)
Post #: 11
RE: Way of Darkness - 6/12/2014 5:44:05 PM   
ldog

quote:

ORIGINAL: GVind

In my current game 2 AIs found ruins and got medals for switching to way of darkness. I was sure before only 1 ruin exist for way of darkness and way of the ancients. Looks like this is not the case.

Usually (but not always) there are two.
Gate and temple of darkness or blackness or something to that effect (not in front of game right now)

(in reply to GVind)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Way of Darkness Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI