Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Killing off Pirates

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Killing off Pirates Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Killing off Pirates - 6/11/2014 4:01:17 AM   
ReverendSin

Okay I have some seriously annoying thoughts about pirates in the game, I like them for the most part, however there comes a point when I seriously only want to wipe them out and it is seemingly impossible. It is to the point where I literally have a galaxy spanning empire and have 10-13 fleets sitting around doing nothing, and yet there are constant pirate attacks, even when I can see all of their bases(confirmed with game editor) the AI refuses to attack them, frankly there needs to be a way to goto war with pirates, when I have pirates setting up bases in my own systems and all my fleets will do nothing about it there is seriously something wrong.

****I would like to note that this is in a custom game that does not allow for reseeding pirates i.e there aren't new factions popping up after I kill them off, they just seemingly cannot die

< Message edited by ReverendSin -- 6/11/2014 5:20:13 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Killing off Pirates - 6/11/2014 4:24:32 AM   
pycco

sounds like you do not have no re-spawning pirates checked, this means they will continue to spawn again and again.

< Message edited by pycco -- 6/11/2014 5:25:09 AM >

(in reply to ReverendSin)
Post #: 2
RE: Killing off Pirates - 6/11/2014 4:53:26 AM   
Lucian

I try to be very pro-active with pirates. The AI hardly ever manages to engage them so I always manually hunt them down and make it a point to kill their bases ASAP whenever I find them. Even then they can be very annoying.

(in reply to pycco)
Post #: 3
RE: Killing off Pirates - 6/11/2014 5:49:36 AM   
pycco

the ai will kill pirates very quickly with re-spawning pirates every one you kill one spawns in its place.

(in reply to Lucian)
Post #: 4
RE: Killing off Pirates - 6/11/2014 6:26:51 AM   
ReverendSin

That's just it i did have non respawning pirates checked.....I was killing off the ones that I found manually for a while but then ended up in a war, at which point i let my fleets do their thing, after ending the war I found that other groups of pirates had expanded significantly and the AI never attacked, in addition they were building space ports in my systems and my fleets and strike forces were doing nothing about it

(in reply to pycco)
Post #: 5
RE: Killing off Pirates - 6/11/2014 6:45:18 AM   
Jim D Burns

Check your diplomacy screen, make sure you haven't signed a protection agreement with them. If you automated diplomacy for a time the AI might have signed one or recommended one and you accidentally agreed to it.

The AI will attack pirate bases but only those withing the range of the fleet posture rings. You can see the rings by clicking one of the buttons on the bottom right area.

Jim

< Message edited by Jim D Burns -- 6/11/2014 7:48:02 AM >

(in reply to ReverendSin)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Killing off Pirates Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI