Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Dutch small vessels

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Dutch small vessels Page: <<   < prev  28 29 30 31 [32]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Dutch small vessels - 4/25/2016 6:43:53 PM   
btd64

quote:

ORIGINAL: traskott

CLV can't be upgraded to CVL ??

Yes, if the upgrade is available....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to traskott)
Post #: 931
RE: Dutch small vessels - 4/25/2016 6:57:44 PM   
John 3rd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kitakami

sanderz,

I am in the middle of doing turn 1 for the same mod, Japanese side, PBEM, 2-day turns. Everything you wrote is true, but I will say this: a mod as complex as this would need many little tweaks even if the items you listed were not so. I would suggest to go through all force allocations and orders with a fine comb, in this mod, as in all mods.

One of the reasons the things you listed happen in this mod is that the SNLF units were consolidated into assault divisions (you have 4 amphibious and 1 paratroop at start, I think), which means less amphibious TFs are needed, but they need to be larger and thus to be reworked. I think this last is best left to the players, who dictate strategy anyway.

Another important factor to consider is that 4th Inf Div starts in Samah, and 21st Inf Div starts in Cam Ranh Bay. Although some juggling needs to be made regarding transport, they will actually arrive to their destinations earlier than in stock if you do things right.

2nd Inf Div starts in Sendai, unloaded, yes. But at least all of the sub units are there (in stock, III./4th Inf Bn starts in Iwaki, while 3 other sub units start in Sendai, unloaded). This mod gives the player the opportunity to decide on one target for the whole division, rebuild it, and get it to its destination quicker, should the player so wish.

Mods need a lot more work, especially on turn 1. But they also give very interesting what-ifs that, to me at least, make the additional effort worthwhile.

Just my 2 pennies, of course. Your naval mileage may vary :)

Sorry I didn't jump on this earlier. Kitakami is dead-on with his thoughts. These Mods are not AI friendly.

You cannot run these Mods as 'automatic Day ONE' set-ups. You have a number of TF that have only a single ship in them for YOU to then decide what it is to load and send out. We worked to maximize choices for the players in this. The Japanese Player has HUGE changes and opportunities for creative use of TF (witness the three Cargo TF in the Home Islands that have the 'warp speed' move bonus. These were created to allow yo the chance to load extra fuel and supply and ship it anywhere in the Pacific to reflect Convoys 'at sea' on Dec 7th. You'll also note that those Convoy TF are located when you cannot load any significant LCUs. That is purposefully done.

The 4th, 21st, and Sendai are immediately available for action once you have your shipping strait. I moved a TON of shipping to different locations so it makes better sense but gave up after moving about 150 vessels.

It requires more work but Turn ONE for Japan can truly be the PLAYERS TURN and not trying to modify 20-30% of the historical Turn ONE.

Hope that makes sense...

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to Kitakami)
Post #: 932
RE: Dutch small vessels - 4/25/2016 7:00:21 PM   
John 3rd

quote:

You can upgrade any of the Hybrid Crusiers as soon as their date comes around. Remember you have two Japanese, two American, one Australian and one New Zealand hybrid. They are very unique ships based on the actual designs...

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to traskott)
Post #: 933
RE: Dutch small vessels - 4/25/2016 7:51:44 PM   
Kitakami

quote:

The G6s can be upgraded to class 1746 on 8/42. Once that is done, they can be converted to class 1750 with a conversion delay of 270 days. Aircraft capacity increases to 60 planes, 20cm rifles are removed, and DP armament is upgraded to 8 double turrets sporting the 10cm/65 T98.

< Message edited by Kitakami -- 4/25/2016 7:53:26 PM >

Tenno Heika Banzai!

(in reply to traskott)
Post #: 934
RE: Dutch small vessels - 4/25/2016 8:42:38 PM   
traskott

Sorry, I was talking about Melborne, Vindictive.. the allied CLVs, I see at the DB there IS CVL, but in game the option of conversion ( greyed ) doesn't appear.

(in reply to Kitakami)
Post #: 935
RE: Dutch small vessels - 4/25/2016 11:57:50 PM   
Kitakami

quote:

Sorry, I was talking about Melborne, Vindictive.. the allied CLVs, I see at the DB there IS CVL, but in game the option of conversion ( greyed ) doesn't appear.

Same thing.

The Melbournes can upgrade to class 966 on 1/43. Then on 6/43 they can convert to class 969, with 36 A/C capacity and a conversion delay of 180 days.

The Vindictives can upgrade to class 959 on 1/43. Then on 6/43 they can convert to class 962, with 36 A/C capacity and a conversion delay of 180 days.

The reason the CVL conversion option is unavailable is that they must first upgrade to the class that can convert to (on or after 1/43). Before then, you will not be able to see it.

Hope that helps!

Tenno Heika Banzai!

(in reply to traskott)
Post #: 936
RE: Dutch small vessels - 4/26/2016 7:24:19 AM   
traskott

Thank you VERY much!

(in reply to Kitakami)
Post #: 937
RE: Treaty Mod - 5/5/2016 5:15:55 PM   
Frolix8

Hi John, thanks for all your good work in updating the mods. I was going to try the Treaty Mod but it appears to be missing the aei045.dat file

(in reply to traskott)
Post #: 938
RE: Between the Storms - 5/6/2016 7:41:32 PM   
Revthought

Just started a PBEM using BTS lite as the Allies. Can someone give me a low-down on which ship classes can be converted to what, so I know what to look for and what to hide until I can produce some more CVLs and CVEs?

Playing at war is a far better vocation than making people fight in them.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 939
RE: Between the Storms - 5/6/2016 8:13:06 PM   
btd64

quote:

ORIGINAL: Revthought

Just started a PBEM using BTS lite as the Allies. Can someone give me a low-down on which ship classes can be converted to what, so I know what to look for and what to hide until I can produce some more CVLs and CVEs?

The AKV Kittyhawk class, AV Wright class, and the top speed 18knt AO's. This list is from my cobweb infested mind so reader beware.....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to Revthought)
Post #: 940
RE: Between the Storms - 5/7/2016 1:50:06 AM   
Kitakami

quote:

Revthought is my esteemed opponent in my new BtS Lite 2.7 game.

Tenno Heika Banzai!

(in reply to Revthought)
Post #: 941
RE: Between the Storms - 5/11/2016 2:44:40 PM   
Cavalry Corp

John, We are on 7.9 and in December 42 - should we be ugrading to 8 ?
Would you like to see the turn in progress to see how the game is going 2 days turns PBEM?

(in reply to Kitakami)
Post #: 942
RE: Between the Storms - 5/12/2016 4:04:59 AM   
John 3rd

The update won't affect your in-progress game. You call on that one Sir.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Cavalry Corp)
Post #: 943
RE: Between the Storms - 5/12/2016 4:06:43 AM   
John 3rd

quote:

General Patton is spot-on with ships that convert over to CVEs. You already gain a pair of Independence-Class CVLs.

Be aware that your CAV/CLV Hybrids convert over to quite nice CVLs as well.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Revthought)
Post #: 944
RE: Between the Storms - 5/12/2016 9:05:15 AM   
Cavalry Corp

Will it improve anything?

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 945
RE: Dutch small vessels - 5/13/2016 12:13:33 AM   
scout1

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

quote:

sanderz,

I am in the middle of doing turn 1 for the same mod, Japanese side, PBEM, 2-day turns. Everything you wrote is true, but I will say this: a mod as complex as this would need many little tweaks even if the items you listed were not so. I would suggest to go through all force allocations and orders with a fine comb, in this mod, as in all mods.

One of the reasons the things you listed happen in this mod is that the SNLF units were consolidated into assault divisions (you have 4 amphibious and 1 paratroop at start, I think), which means less amphibious TFs are needed, but they need to be larger and thus to be reworked. I think this last is best left to the players, who dictate strategy anyway.

Another important factor to consider is that 4th Inf Div starts in Samah, and 21st Inf Div starts in Cam Ranh Bay. Although some juggling needs to be made regarding transport, they will actually arrive to their destinations earlier than in stock if you do things right.

2nd Inf Div starts in Sendai, unloaded, yes. But at least all of the sub units are there (in stock, III./4th Inf Bn starts in Iwaki, while 3 other sub units start in Sendai, unloaded). This mod gives the player the opportunity to decide on one target for the whole division, rebuild it, and get it to its destination quicker, should the player so wish.

Mods need a lot more work, especially on turn 1. But they also give very interesting what-ifs that, to me at least, make the additional effort worthwhile.

Sorry I didn't jump on this earlier. Kitakami is dead-on with his thoughts. These Mods are not AI friendly.

You cannot run these Mods as 'automatic Day ONE' set-ups. You have a number of TF that have only a single ship in them for YOU to then decide what it is to load and send out. We worked to maximize choices for the players in this. The Japanese Player has HUGE changes and opportunities for creative use of TF (witness the three Cargo TF in the Home Islands that have the 'warp speed' move bonus. These were created to allow yo the chance to load extra fuel and supply and ship it anywhere in the Pacific to reflect Convoys 'at sea' on Dec 7th. You'll also note that those Convoy TF are located when you cannot load any significant LCUs. That is purposefully done.

The 4th, 21st, and Sendai are immediately available for action once you have your shipping strait. I moved a TON of shipping to different locations so it makes better sense but gave up after moving about 150 vessels.

It requires more work but Turn ONE for Japan can truly be the PLAYERS TURN and not trying to modify 20-30% of the historical Turn ONE.

Hope that makes sense...

Not finding the 2nd at Sendai. 3 battalions of the 14th Regt are there to be re-combined. Looked under unrestricted IJA Infantry units and don't see a ref to the 2nd. Using latest BTS 2.7 .... what am I overlooking ?

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 946
RE: Dutch small vessels - 5/13/2016 12:14:52 AM   
scout1

quote:

ORIGINAL: scout1

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

quote:

sanderz,

Hope that makes sense...

Not finding the 2nd at Sendai. 3 battalions of the 14th Regt are there to be re-combined. Looked under unrestricted IJA Infantry units and don't see a ref to the 2nd. Using latest BTS 2.7 .... what am I overlooking ?

Nevermind .......

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 947
RE: Dutch small vessels - 5/21/2016 6:16:38 PM   
cardas

Okay so without the "newbie" poster filter I can put in some more details about the Dutch vessel issue. Check the "AE Naval and OOB Issues" thread in the main forum for details, also includes a few extra minor problems that could be fixed.

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 948
Page:   <<   < prev  28 29 30 31 [32]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Dutch small vessels Page: <<   < prev  28 29 30 31 [32]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI