Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Which level of ship damage is tolerable?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Which level of ship damage is tolerable? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Which level of ship damage is tolerable? - 6/21/2014 7:17:53 AM   
margeorg

Hiya,

all ships accumulate damage during operations - just from moving around. Sometimes more, sometimes less - depending on weather, speed etc. But which level of damage seems tolerable to you to keep the ship active? When do you take it out of readiness for repairs? Until now I tend to keep my ships as "new" as possible, while several of my PBEM opponents seem to use full speed for fast bombardment attacks and moves often. To my impression, their ships must have accumulated some damage. So, are I am too careful with the usage of my ships?

Would like to hear your opinion on this subject. Thanks! :)

Cheers
Martin
Post #: 1
RE: Which level of ship damage is tolerable? - 6/21/2014 10:31:28 AM   
Sardaukar

Well, for example, sys damage over 10 will make your ships easier to detect. IIRC, that's smoke from engine wear etc.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to margeorg)
Post #: 2
RE: Which level of ship damage is tolerable? - 6/21/2014 11:09:45 AM   
ny59giants

A good practice is to hit the "S" button to pull up all your ships and sort by system damage. I do this about every 5th day and look mainly at my subs, especially if there has been lots of ASW attacks on them. Any above 10 system head home for repairs and many between 6 to 10 are sent home. The DL goes up above system of 10 and your subs will die quickly if you leave them out there.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 3
RE: Which level of ship damage is tolerable? - 6/21/2014 11:38:37 AM   
czert2

i think anytingin green is ok for frontline service, once it is yelow+ it is time to think about puting them to pierside/shipyard for repair.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 4
RE: Which level of ship damage is tolerable? - 6/21/2014 11:46:42 AM   
Sardaukar

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

A good practice is to hit the "S" button to pull up all your ships and sort by system damage. I do this about every 5th day and look mainly at my subs, especially if there has been lots of ASW attacks on them. Any above 10 system head home for repairs and many between 6 to 10 are sent home. The DL goes up above system of 10 and your subs will die quickly if you leave them out there.

Indeed, I use this extensively with subs, checking them for both sys and flooding. This is very important, since it's very easy to miss bomb hit on sub during search phase (shows only in ops report afterwards).

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 5
RE: Which level of ship damage is tolerable? - 6/22/2014 3:32:40 PM   
Gaspote

Depending of the situation it's sometimes useful to use full speed but I try to not use it too. I agree with all previous post, a ship with 10 damage, brown will be spot everytime. When my Sub are hit by ASW I usually send them back to repair in cruise speed and they usually made the trip. With green sys damage and even red float or engine damage, they reach the SY.

For major damage who don't repair in pierside, I usually try to not exceed 5 but I remember using a DD with 8 float damage without much trouble.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 6
RE: Which level of ship damage is tolerable? - 6/22/2014 4:10:41 PM   
crsutton

With Allied ships, If I see smoke on the animation then I repair for all the reason listed above. You upgrade most warships so many times that this is the best time to do minor repairs to flotation and engines-since the upgrade and repairs can both be done at the same time with no extra time taken. Most ship that are upgrading can usually be shifted to pierside right away with little or no loss of time. Do this to keep your shipyards clear.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Gaspote)
Post #: 7
RE: Which level of ship damage is tolerable? - 6/23/2014 9:28:49 AM   
Dili

>10 go to repairs.

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Which level of ship damage is tolerable? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI