Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.02 Release)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.02 Release) Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.02 Release) - 9/21/2014 11:37:45 PM   
Franky007

Let's not forget that theses numbers are not set in stone.
They are there for flavor.

Who can say that it should be 75% or 66%, this is sci-fi !

(in reply to PsyKoSnake)
Post #: 661
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.02 Release) - 9/22/2014 2:31:33 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icemania

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
Spaceports defending a colony will push when enemy troop transport gets too close in an attempt to prevent them from dropping invading troops at the colony

I've tested Spaceport tractor beams (with no other tactics set) by attacking with troop transports only and observed:

(a) Once in range of the tractor beam of the Spaceport pulls in the troop transports ... helping the invasion!
(b) Once the troop transport is extremely close then the tractor beam stops pulling but does not push away
(c) In a surprise attack (no relationship diplomatic situation) the tractor beams did not activate at all until after the troop transport had already landed troops

Spaceport tractor beams should push away, not hold, as soon as a troop transport is in range. This should apply for all diplomatic relationships except for a Mutual Defence Pact (where there should be a massive diplomatic penalty for a surprise attack).

Does anyone know if this was fixed from beta to patch?

(in reply to Franky007)
Post #: 662
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.02 Release) - 9/27/2014 5:50:10 AM   
Icemania

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

quote:

quote:

Spaceports defending a colony will push when enemy troop transport gets too close in an attempt to prevent them from dropping invading troops at the colony

I've tested Spaceport tractor beams (with no other tactics set) by attacking with troop transports only and observed:

(a) Once in range of the tractor beam of the Spaceport pulls in the troop transports ... helping the invasion!
(b) Once the troop transport is extremely close then the tractor beam stops pulling but does not push away
(c) In a surprise attack (no relationship diplomatic situation) the tractor beams did not activate at all until after the troop transport had already landed troops

Spaceport tractor beams should push away, not hold, as soon as a troop transport is in range. This should apply for all diplomatic relationships except for a Mutual Defence Pact (where there should be a massive diplomatic penalty for a surprise attack).

Does anyone know if this was fixed from beta to patch?

It's unchanged as far as I know.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 663
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.03 Release) - 9/27/2014 5:53:43 AM   
Icemania

I've updated with Version 1.03 please refer to the minor changes in the changelog per the OP. Now that busy season at work is over I've become hooked on Endless Legend and there are some other interesting games around the corner such as Beyond Earth. I don't plan to make any other changes to the Mod.

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 664
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.03 Release) - 9/27/2014 11:07:10 AM   
fruitgnome

THX for your great work!

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 665
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.03 Release) - 10/1/2014 9:18:22 AM   
catweasel

I'm 10+ hours into a new game, based on 1.02 (set to hard, 12 races, pirates set to weak, I have a military power of around 2500, rather defensive stance).

What I noticed:
- very strong pirate factions (100+ ships, 20'000 firepower)
- some races have very low stenght numbers (300-700)
- some races seem not to build up their military at all (0 strenght)

Am I supossed to see such values?

(in reply to fruitgnome)
Post #: 666
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.03 Release) - 10/1/2014 10:46:23 AM   
Icemania

quote:

ORIGINAL: catweasel

I'm 10+ hours into a new game, based on 1.02 (set to hard, 12 races, pirates set to weak, I have a military power of around 2500, rather defensive stance).

What I noticed:
- very strong pirate factions (100+ ships, 20'000 firepower)
- some races have very low stenght numbers (300-700)
- some races seem not to build up their military at all (0 strenght)

Am I supossed to see such values?

The AI's are generally more aggressive so I would expect to see races with low strength representing those that have lost engagements but also AI's with much higher strength than Vanilla.

The AI's remain fairly weak at dealing with Pirates. There is nothing more I can do here unfortunately; however, increased difficulty will help the AI. Hard is for wimps anyway!

(in reply to catweasel)
Post #: 667
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.03 Release) - 10/2/2014 4:41:38 AM   
Azuran

Are you the same Icemania the modded Armada 2526 in the Nitronium forums along time ago?

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 668
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.03 Release) - 10/2/2014 10:01:05 AM   
Icemania

quote:

ORIGINAL: Azuran
Are you the same Icemania the modded Armada 2526 in the Nitronium forums along time ago?

No this is my first Mod Azuran. Let the other Icemania know he/she stole my nickname!

(in reply to Azuran)
Post #: 669
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.03 Release) - 10/2/2014 8:35:15 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

I've updated with Version 1.03 please refer to the minor changes in the changelog per the OP. Now that busy season at work is over I've become hooked on Endless Legend and there are some other interesting games around the corner such as Beyond Earth. I don't plan to make any other changes to the Mod.

Thanks for the update Ice! I see what you changed but what actual files were changed for 1.03? The help file and the...? Do you mean you don't plan to make anymore changes until another official update?

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 670
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.03 Release) - 10/6/2014 1:08:58 AM   
Icemania

The files changed were the race files and the help files in the Extended version. I don't plan on making any more changes at all unless somebody detects a bug with the mod ... plenty of other games to play at the moment. If there is something cool in a patch, well maybe.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 671
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.03 Release) - 10/12/2014 2:16:53 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

The files changed were the race files and the help files in the Extended version. I don't plan on making any more changes at all unless somebody detects a bug with the mod ... plenty of other games to play at the moment. If there is something cool in a patch, well maybe.

Some great fixes DW is still alive! Anything cool enough? :)

quote:

Hello Everyone,

The Distant Worlds 1.9.5.9 Beta Update is now available for testing for Registered owners through our Members Club. You may download it from Here.

This build will hopefully be available an official update next week.

This build has the following changes from 1.9.5.8:

CRASH FIXES
- fixed crash when viewing newly conquered colony

BUG FIXES

- fixed bug where games would not start when more than 256 components defined
- ensure characters with random appearance order now work properly, even when many custom characters defined and many random appearance orders used
- ensure Shakturi always properly use custom design templates when available

SHIP DESIGN

- added new flee when setting: Armor 50% or Shields 20% (also supported in design template files: use setting Armor50 for optional FleeWhen)

MODDING

- increased maximum number of research projects from 1000 to 1500
- increased maximum number of components from 300 to 500

OTHER

- AI now more careful about selecting location for characters with demoralizing trait, may dismiss character (when characters automated)
- increased range at which spaceport tractor beams will push away invading troop transports. Spaceports will now also push away transports even when not primary target

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 672
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.03 Release) - 10/15/2014 10:37:56 AM   
Icemania

Double post ... see below!

< Message edited by Icemania -- 10/15/2014 11:39:01 AM >

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 673
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.03 Release) - 10/15/2014 10:38:30 AM   
Icemania

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka
Anything cool enough? :)

Nope.

Have you tested the spaceport tractor beams?

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 674
RE: Possible AI Improvement Mod - 10/22/2014 6:14:24 PM   
Bingeling

I started a game with the beyond mod, and this one seems to be included (and to be the guilty one).

The Research Station setup seems rather useless. 2 research labs? If the AI or a poor human wants to direct research, this is of little use. I intended to use automated designs and had to design my own energy research station before I had a single ship in space.

(in reply to DeadlyShoe)
Post #: 675
RE: Possible AI Improvement Mod - 10/22/2014 6:32:42 PM   
Blackstork

I confirm that labs amt was unchanged and integrated as is into Beyond. But I think it was intended part by Icemania because of AI benefits such design could provide, but I am not sure. As I think that AI mod is must have beneficial part to any mod I did not any changes in ship design department. (Except 2 special beyond races and those changes are very subtle there (more stuff and sensors for Dlakar because of ship size and special cloaking for Archei due sizes and unique mirror units)

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 676
RE: Possible AI Improvement Mod - 10/22/2014 11:51:16 PM   
Icemania

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

I started a game with the beyond mod, and this one seems to be included (and to be the guilty one).

The Research Station setup seems rather useless. 2 research labs? If the AI or a poor human wants to direct research, this is of little use. I intended to use automated designs and had to design my own energy research station before I had a single ship in space.

It's exactly as designed and there are a few posts discussing this earlier in the thread. The focus of the mod is to help the AI. If you watch the Vanilla AI you will notice that it is extremely imbalanced in the research fields depending on how many Research Stations are built. In particular they often focus far too heavily on Energy Research (consider the long game) which means they can't compete in other ways e.g. weapons, wonders etc.

By putting more of the labs in Spaceports the AI becomes far more consistent. There remains variety in what labs are built as appropriate to the race but you will not have AI's that are completely imbalanced.

Playing myself I use the Research Stations designs in the Mod for the location bonuses and have the labs I need from the Spaceports anyway (and modify as needed to adjust the balance).

I wish I could mod to avoid overbuilding labs mid to late game but there is no way I can mod that without handicapping the AI early game.

The other option you have is to modify the templates to suit your own preferences but I would recommend caution on the impact that will have on AI performance.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 677
RE: Possible AI Improvement Mod - 10/23/2014 8:02:13 AM   
Bingeling

OK, so the labs are wasted money (that the AI will spend), but at least they don't screw up their overall research? That is an improvement, I guess...

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 678
RE: Possible AI Improvement Mod - 10/23/2014 12:09:48 PM   
Icemania

Yes it is an improvement. Put Vanilla on full auto and watch them on 4X speed for a few games and you'll see what I mean.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 679
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.03 Release) - 10/24/2014 2:45:20 AM   
Shogouki

quote:

Will you make anymore adjustments as the Research Reloaded goes through its phases?

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 680
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.03 Release) - 10/24/2014 10:45:22 AM   
Icemania

I'm still keen to work with Lurchi and Blackstork to combine Research Reloaded with Beyond.

Given the magnitude of the Tech Tree it's going to need some thought and time to come up with new Research Orders.

Since Lurchi is taking a lot longer than I expected, the time I have to help will depend on what else is going on at the time.

Speaking of which ... Beyond Earth ...

< Message edited by Icemania -- 10/24/2014 11:46:28 AM >

(in reply to Shogouki)
Post #: 681
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.03 Release) - 10/26/2014 7:49:12 AM   
Blackstork

Btw Civilisation : Beyond Earth have serious AI issues. Apollo game feels too easy.
AI do not manage trade routes so well as played does, and they are OP, and AI sucks with combat/attack timing.
It feels like it would need some mandatory expansion/patches. I've abandoned game from 1 level below Appolo, and started Apollo and still i see i am going to win it quite easily. It already looses its challenge, and its bit undewhelming when i feel that i can win Apollo with just some simple patience and micromanagement. I will get that Apollo acxhievement and will leave it on shelf till they release Ai patch / expansion.
Icemania, it could be worth looking into it, so far you had great sucess :P

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 10/26/2014 9:11:27 AM >

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 682
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.03 Release) - 10/27/2014 3:32:15 PM   
Icemania

I just won Civ:BE on Apollo difficulty on Turn 142 on my first try at max difficulty. That said, it was a small map, a large map should be a different story.

At the moment I'm going to avoid large maps as the trade route renewal is extremely micro intensive (like the Explorer micro in Distant Worlds before the explorer automation was improved enough to get by). There is a Mod to extend the trade route renewal intervals but I'll play through the different factions / victory types first, so might as well pick up a few achievements. Then will explore more of the setup options to make Apollo interesting.

The AI is way ahead of Endless Legend though.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 683
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.03 Release) - 10/27/2014 4:02:56 PM   
Blackstork

quote:

I just won Civ:BE on Apollo difficulty on Turn 142 on my first try at max difficulty. That said, it was a small map, a large map should be a different story.

At the moment I'm going to avoid large maps as the trade route renewal is extremely micro intensive (like the Explorer micro in Distant Worlds before the explorer automation was improved enough to get by). There is a Mod to extend the trade route renewal intervals but I'll play through the different factions / victory types first, so might as well pick up a few achievements. Then will explore more of the setup options to make Apollo interesting.

The AI is way ahead of Endless Legend though.

didnt tried that game, if i will try good games i wont have time for modding :P Civ is very old series i played from Civ I and modded alot (I've been participating for some long time in Dune mod development for Civ VI, and contributed alot of small things and concept and races for FfH modmod offshots.) I have time to make some modding push before DA:I arrives which i expect to be actually good and some change abit from 4x abundance on my monitor.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 10/27/2014 5:03:44 PM >

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 684
RE: AI Improvement Mod (Alpha Release) - 10/29/2014 4:00:41 PM   
nidaren

Hello there,

Thank you for this amazing mod, having tons of fun with it.

The only thing I noticed while playing as XHumans is that I see all the designs as buildable (including carriers and capital ships) from the turn 1. They all have smaller than 230 size.

Is there a way to "hide them" till later?

Thanks!

People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used.

(in reply to Tcby)
Post #: 685
RE: AI Improvement Mod (Alpha Release) - 12/4/2014 11:11:24 AM   
hewwo

Have you guys tried endless legends? I found that a lot more fun than beyond earth (unfortunately..) Anyway, does the 1.03 version of the AI & extended play nicely with 1.9.5.10? I'm going to start a new game this weekend, so just checking:)

(in reply to nidaren)
Post #: 686
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.03 Release) - 12/4/2014 12:03:47 PM   
Icemania

Agree hewwo, Endless Legends is a very good game and blows Beyond Earth out of the water. The only major problem is the Endless Legend AI. There have been improvements in the latest patch but not sure how significant they are.

I'm playing Distant Worlds with the AI Mod right now with 1.9.5.10 Beta and haven't noticed any issues.

Also hanging out for the Star Trek Armada 3: A Call to Arms release on December 15th.

< Message edited by Icemania -- 12/4/2014 1:11:08 PM >

(in reply to hewwo)
Post #: 687
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.03 Release) - 12/4/2014 3:12:28 PM   
hewwo

Oh wow, I didn't know Sins still was being worked on:) I've played the original but I found it way to much RTS and not enough 4X. However, this looks pretty good... let us know if this mod is worth getting rebellion for!

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 688
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.03 Release) - 12/4/2014 10:42:18 PM   
Yank31

Greetings,

Sorry for asking but it... isn't quite clear for me. How do you install this mod?

I already have Extended installed, and as far as I understand you can only have one theme running at a time so, should I put the different files and folders found into your "Extended 1.03" archive OVER those already found in the customization\Extended folder ?

That's what I just did because it made the most sense to me (and Das icons are already in there), but I sort of want to make sure this was the correct way.

Also, I'd like to point out that, even if it seems to be obvious for veterans, it is not for a newcomer. So maybe you should make a little "how to install" text on the OP (especially when you plan to use it in conjunction with Extended, that is...).

Cheers

(in reply to hewwo)
Post #: 689
RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.03 Release) - 12/5/2014 8:52:30 AM   
Icemania

Either way will work. If you overwrite the files it will work. Or if you extract into it's own folder/theme it will work.

However, while you can only have one active theme, you can switch between themes whenever you like. Personally I prefer to have a bunch of mods in the customization folder that I can switch between.

Hope that helps.

(in reply to Yank31)
Post #: 690
Page:   <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: AI Improvement Mod (1.02 Release) Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI