Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific Diversity Mod.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific Diversity Mod. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific D... - 7/22/2014 9:06:23 AM   
Blackstork

quote:

ORIGINAL: Genome

This is great, especially the work on the new race specific UIs. Keep up the amazing work!

Thanks! Your joy is my satisfaction and drive to do more fancy things! :)
Hopefully i will put Atuuks soon.... There also new art work on custom character banks in Beyond mod.
All races will receive loads of different custom characters based on race-specific ui race illustrations.

(in reply to Genome)
Post #: 61
RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific D... - 7/22/2014 9:17:43 AM   
Genome

I genuinely admire the work you/Das/Haree do to make this game even more enjoyable at no immediate benefit to yourselves. I look forward to the finished result of this/the mod pack you are collaborating with others to finish.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 62
RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific D... - 7/22/2014 10:58:55 AM   
ParagonExile

This mod is so perfect

Shame we don't have support for race-specific graphics ;_;

But Blackstork, XHumans man, Xhumans.

Pls Blackstork.

Pls.

(in reply to Genome)
Post #: 63
RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific D... - 7/22/2014 11:05:58 AM   
Blackstork

quote:

ORIGINAL: ParagonExile

This mod is so perfect

Shame we don't have support for race-specific graphics ;_;

But Blackstork, XHumans man, Xhumans.

Pls Blackstork.

Pls.

np, mate, after Banoserit, at 1.00.16 :)
3rd in queue from now

(in reply to ParagonExile)
Post #: 64
RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific D... - 7/22/2014 6:52:48 PM   
DevildogFF

Holy ****, this mod is amazing.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 65
RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific D... - 7/22/2014 11:23:26 PM   
Blackstork

1stly, thank for all support guys, its appreciated, and makes me glad and happy that it does deliver joy to people

2ndly ! 1.00.14 is up
AAaaaatuuks with their furry stuff, spears, and amazing, amazing Atuukish soundtrack.
Atuuk
DL LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/download/p4a8o40ydb4169g/Alien_Immersion_-_Extended_V_1.00.14_Atuuk.zip

B12 - The Radiophonic Workshop
Subheim - Streets
The Black Dog - Barbola Work
DW:U OST - DistantWorldsTheme_Legeneds
DW:U OST - On-Track
DW:U OST - Frustrated
Biosphere - Oi-1
Steve Roach - Living The Dream
Kangding Ray - Palisades
Funckarma - Loaded
Lackluster - Wash
The Black Dog - Barbola Work

Ah, and i kept original Atuuk resemblance, its one of few cases where i like vanilla art much more than extended one, aside that in Extended its too similar to Ketarov. I dam like those furries being furries.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 7/23/2014 12:40:23 AM >

(in reply to Freyland)
Post #: 66
RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific D... - 7/23/2014 12:25:41 AM   
Retreat1970

quote:

AAaaaatuuks with their furry stuff, spears, and amazing, amazing Atuukish soundtrack.

So happy (sniff).

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 67
RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific D... - 7/23/2014 4:29:11 PM   
ParagonExile

Blackstork, you said you needed help editing some English text?

What did you have in mind?

(in reply to Retreat1970)
Post #: 68
RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific D... - 7/24/2014 3:52:30 PM   
AstroCat

Check the latest beta update. I think you are gonna be happy. ;)

Post #: 69
RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific D... - 7/24/2014 4:01:17 PM   
ParagonExile

quote:

ORIGINAL: AstroCat

Check the latest beta update. I think you are gonna be happy. ;)

NO WAI

NO

NO

NO YOU'RE SERIOUS?

NO WAI

NO WAI MAN

:D!!!!

(in reply to AstroCat)
Post #: 70
RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific D... - 7/24/2014 4:02:29 PM   
Blackstork

Wow haha this is on! Huge thanks Erik! For now I will continue to issue per race packages but now users could just copy all racial images and never hassle with switching! I am on1.9.5.5 still but once its up I will issue consolidated ui package for existing races.

(in reply to Freyland)
Post #: 71
RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific D... - 7/25/2014 5:21:37 AM   
Tcby

Hey blackstork, have you heard Golden Arrow, by Darkside?

This song may not suit your vision, but I do enjoy listening to it with certain races.

Listen to the whole thing... there's a lot going on in one track

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 72
RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific D... - 7/25/2014 5:34:14 AM   
Genome

That song kinda screams "The way of darkness" to me

(in reply to Tcby)
Post #: 73
RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific D... - 7/25/2014 5:46:28 AM   
Tcby

Aye

The problem for me is that the vocals restrict it to humans under way of darkness...

Basically Xhumans.

< Message edited by Tcby -- 7/25/2014 6:47:26 AM >

(in reply to Genome)
Post #: 74
RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific D... - 7/25/2014 5:47:05 AM   
Blackstork

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tcby

Hey blackstork, have you heard Golden Arrow, by Darkside?

This song may not suit your vision, but I do enjoy listening to it with certain races.

Listen to the whole thing... there's a lot going on in one track

Great suggestion, nice theme.... but in order to keep alien immersion i avoid tracks with human distinctive vocals. They breeak immersion, and i pick something which is maximally alien, to bright or dark direction.

@Genome - some tracks that are included in , for example, Keskudon soundtrack, are much much more darker / evil. :)

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 7/25/2014 6:50:47 AM >

(in reply to Tcby)
Post #: 75
RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific D... - 7/25/2014 5:48:47 AM   
Tcby

Yeah I agree. As I said above, I can usually only get into it when I'm playing Xhumans...the slightly darker human variant

< Message edited by Tcby -- 7/25/2014 6:49:05 AM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 76
RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific D... - 7/25/2014 5:54:00 AM   
Blackstork

I see Xhumans that entity which broke from some burden of being Humans. This means, theit travk should be more alien, more futuristic, less humane than Humans track. I assigned for them Biosphere - Genkai, while Humans have Mad Rush which is very emotional, the thing that Xhumans should have less, because they broke from that

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 7/25/2014 6:57:47 AM >

(in reply to Tcby)
Post #: 77
RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific D... - 7/25/2014 5:58:00 AM   
Tcby

I like and agree with all your music choices

Don't get me wrong: I'm not trying to get you to add/change any tracks, just thought I'd share some of my own stuff.

< Message edited by Tcby -- 7/25/2014 6:58:15 AM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 78
RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific D... - 7/25/2014 5:59:20 AM   
Blackstork

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tcby

I like and agree with all your music choices

Don't get me wrong: I'm not trying to get you to add any tracks, just thought I'd share some of my own stuff.

:) this is cool, i will be glad to hear more suggestions on music tracks...It might help because there many races with unassigned tracks, and there could be more for assigned traits in order to make soundtracks more diverse.

(in reply to Tcby)
Post #: 79
RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific D... - 7/25/2014 6:24:35 AM   
Genome

I don't really see the xhumans as very "dark", they split because they wanted to escape oppression.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 80
RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific D... - 7/25/2014 6:46:18 AM   
Tcby

Every time I see the Xhumans in game they are following the way of darkness, or are a military dictatorship.
Just luck of the draw, but that's the way they have always been for me.

< Message edited by Tcby -- 7/25/2014 7:46:32 AM >

(in reply to Genome)
Post #: 81
RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific D... - 7/25/2014 11:12:37 AM   
Blackstork

1.00.15 is UP!!!

1. Alien Immersion is now compatible with 1.9.5.6 , and thanks to Erik and Elliot we can have race specific UIs now. Please read new instalation instructions in Instructions section in 1st post of this thread!

2. UI only package for issues 1-15 aviable here :
ISSUE 1-15 UI (Wekkarus - Ergreagd) only package Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xj72s1c2kff925a/Alien_Immersion__UI_Package_Release_1-15_for_1.9.5.6.zip

3. Ergreagd , cruel, complex and unique race of upcoming Beyond Extended Universe Mod , which will be released at Alpha release together with new unique character system in few upcoming days.

Ergreagd
DL LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/download/s64g13h60c7pm4n/Alien_Immersion_-_Extended_V_1.00.15_Ergreagd.zip

Halgrath - Consecreation
Halgrath - Epic Journey and Oblivion
Autechre - SYptixed
Sephiroth - The Clock of Distant Dreams
Vas - Moksha
Sabled Sun - Singularity
Sephiroth - A Map of Eden Before the Storms
Empusae - Sphre Des Bois
Sephiroth - Wolftribes
Mira Calix - Sparrow
SANKT OTTEN - Sequencer Liebe
Autechre - SYptixed

PS dont forget that those show stripes are much more blurred compared to real in-game visuals

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 7/25/2014 12:19:13 PM >

(in reply to Freyland)
Post #: 82
RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific D... - 7/25/2014 1:26:21 PM   
Icemania

Looks fantastic.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 83
RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific D... - 7/25/2014 1:43:12 PM   
Blackstork

Thanks!

Also, XHumans next!

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 84
RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific D... - 7/25/2014 4:36:51 PM   
ParagonExile

YES

I should have your Ergreagd done today

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 85
RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific D... - 7/25/2014 9:06:52 PM   
Genome

The Ergreagd art is gorgeous. The concept as a whole is great. I think it would be cool to incorporate a race in the game that has a same mechanism as the "Cylons" from Battle Star Galactica, or life in general in the tabletop game "Eclipse Phase", where ground units can regenerate back home after they die and keep their memories. This could potentially be factored in-game as infantry bonuses.

Post #: 86
RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific D... - 7/25/2014 9:18:34 PM   
Blackstork

quote:

ORIGINAL: Genome

The Ergreagd art is gorgeous. The concept as a whole is great. I think it would be cool to incorporate a race in the game that has a same mechanism as the "Cylons" from Battle Star Galactica, or life in general in the tabletop game "Eclipse Phase", where ground units can regenerate back home after they die and keep their memories. This could potentially be factored in-game as infantry bonuses.

Thanks
the problem that game wont alow such complex mechanic, and there no place to implement it. Ergreagd are quite complex race already.... heck, they are almost an Evoker from dota 2, where they have own complex mechanics. They are powerfull, but also hard, because require minmaxing with all time switching goverments, btw they are practically ready except character system. I mking last tocuhes on ship art adding engine/light effects placements.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 7/25/2014 10:20:10 PM >

(in reply to Genome)
Post #: 87
RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific D... - 7/25/2014 9:54:01 PM   
ParagonExile

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blackstork
Thanks
the problem that game wont alow such complex mechanic, and there no place to implement it. Ergreagd are quite complex race already.... heck, they are almost an Evoker from dota 2, where they have own complex mechanics. They are powerfull, but also hard, because require minmaxing with all time switching goverments, btw they are practically ready except character system. I mking last tocuhes on ship art adding engine/light effects placements.

I'm finishing everything I started, should be done soon. I'll send it in the morning or early afternoon tomorrow :3

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 88
RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific D... - 7/25/2014 10:40:02 PM   
Blackstork

Cool! Once it done i will be able to issue Ergreagds as pre-alpha - they are completely done except character system.
Will be glad if people try them, test, and see/tell if they like the style/art, how balanced they are. (ive run quite alot of tests, and they are balanced, they 3 completely different goveremtns, and the key play is to play those goverements.

Characters will complicate/deepen things more , but its almost ready for vanilla-testing then :) (as race, not as part of beyund because it lacks major beyond feature)

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 7/25/2014 11:41:15 PM >

Post #: 89
RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific D... - 7/27/2014 7:20:33 AM   
Blackstork

Due huge amount of work on new immersive complex character system done for Beyond mod there was little pause (before it i released 1 race per 1-2 days)
This will continue : i will release approx 3-4 races per week.
Queue Changed alot due some priorities/changes (well, i deleted it, i will keep queue only for 3 next races)

This week: Xhumans come out tomorrow evening. Banoserit later, approx Tue - Thu. Sluken planned for Friday.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 7/27/2014 8:28:54 AM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: {WIP} {Universe Extended} Sountrack Race-specific Diversity Mod. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI