Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with ... - 8/17/2014 9:47:15 PM   
Blackstork

quote:

ORIGINAL: lurchi

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I was down with fever the last few days. I'm better now so I went online, but still not quite healthy. You have to wait a bit more for the next update. Sorry bout that.

Feel good mate, good things wont come instantly, and may take some time in order to be good :P :)

(in reply to lurchi)
Post #: 301
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with ... - 8/17/2014 9:52:31 PM   
Kizucha

That is a good reason not to work. I hope you feel quickly better, fever is not funny.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 302
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with ... - 8/17/2014 11:57:57 PM   
danymatrix

Lurchis Returns

(in reply to Kizucha)
Post #: 303
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with ... - 8/18/2014 11:39:05 AM   
Kizucha

Return of the evil mastermind lurchi.

(in reply to danymatrix)
Post #: 304
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with ... - 8/18/2014 11:52:27 AM   
Icemania

quote:

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I was down with fever the last few days. I'm better now so I went online, but still not quite healthy. You have to wait a bit more for the next update. Sorry bout that.

Unacceptable!

Just joking get better soon lurchi.

(in reply to lurchi)
Post #: 305
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with ... - 8/19/2014 6:35:34 AM   
Joshwoo69

quote:

ALL HAIL THE LORD LURCHI
Get well soon!

< Message edited by Joshwoo69 -- 8/19/2014 7:46:41 AM >

(in reply to lurchi)
Post #: 306
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 8/20/2014 8:12:52 AM   
DinoSaurus

12 POINTS GO TO.... LURCHI!!!

Well, I also thought to do something on the tech trees - but well... no... Ithink this won't be necessary---

But maybe there could be some interesting idea:

When working on the colonization-tech-tree: I think it would be interesting to have a first step building habitats on a planet, then atmosphere-generators or something else, and at least open-planet-colonization resp. advanced colonization or faster reproduction/duplicators

What do you think/have planed?

Another point: Minig: What about Deep litopshere mining? For better/faster mining and also could increase the chance of a new mineral resouce...

Is it possible to divine minig station into ore mining and collectors (or something like this) for luxury stuff? Digging for ekarus meet... ^^

Last: what about some kind of teleporters (passangers/goods) for faster transport od small amounts of stuff?

o.k. - do not want to stress you...

(in reply to lurchi)
Post #: 307
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 8/20/2014 9:01:25 AM   
Kizucha

The idea with colonization looks very interessting but i think its impossible at the moment, if not i wish it too.

With the mining stations i always hope for the option to make the mining stations only for one thing IF on a planet is not more to collect. On an planet only with luxury stuff you need an other mining engine and with that increased cost.

Edit: @Lurchi: Is it planned to improve stealth? Most of the time i dont use it because its somewhat weak,if its working good i can imagin for a nasty play for pirates hiding with an pirat base under the eyes of the empires.

< Message edited by Kizucha -- 8/20/2014 10:23:39 AM >

(in reply to DinoSaurus)
Post #: 308
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 8/20/2014 9:47:46 AM   
DinoSaurus

And some more ideas or questions:

DW shows three different tables with research, but I am missing(although I am natural scientist) humanities and so on...

... would it be possible to add a fourth table (I hope nobody will kill me for this idea... ^^)

This would give options to:

- evolve social things to uprise the satisfaction on planets
- more options in changeing the gouvernment (increase/decrease of peoples behaviour etc.)
- influences in diplomaty
- reducing corruption
- maybe some history-events (maybe an academic as new character to increase the possibility of new history-events)
- improvement of general reputation

(in reply to Kizucha)
Post #: 309
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 8/20/2014 1:32:40 PM   
Kizucha

The idea is also very good and i think alot of players will like it but i highly think its hardcoded and no chance for modding this, maybe in future i hope?

Edit: With all open source it would be possible but i dont think that the devs are doing this till the "end" of DW and the "beginn" of DW2.

< Message edited by Kizucha -- 8/20/2014 2:33:32 PM >

(in reply to DinoSaurus)
Post #: 310
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 8/20/2014 1:38:19 PM   
Blackstork

i think its better for Devs to invest heavily into implementing hi modding capabilities and modularity for DW:U than to invest into DW:U 2
If there will be certain modding improvements this game could be made into a monster just by dedicated community :)

(in reply to Kizucha)
Post #: 311
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 8/21/2014 6:43:35 AM   
DinoSaurus

Ähm... Lurchi...

Do not want to stress you... ... but: Do you have plasmaguns or something like this?!

@all:

What about technicel spies? Drones, Syborgs or s.th.? Could be limitted as well as Spy-Characters for each race, but it would be a additional option... I never have built a monitoring base - do you could place spies there? If not, it would be interesting, if you can race spionage like a scientist...

(in reply to lurchi)
Post #: 312
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 8/21/2014 7:15:54 AM   
Kizucha

@Blackstork: For the players its better they invest more time in DW:U but for the dev's its better that they invest time in DW2 its sadly moneywise. The biggest amount player who like DW have already buyed it, so DW:U dont generate more money. If they stay to long on DW:U they have not enough money to develop DW2.

@DinoSaurus: If i remember right, plasmaguns are there.^^

With the mech.spies, i can live without them. If they are written good, sure they can add an interessting feature to the game.

With the research-steal, if you have good spies and the enemy stupid spies, i think you can "research for free".

(in reply to DinoSaurus)
Post #: 313
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 8/21/2014 7:23:48 AM   
Blackstork

About mech spies I could offer to play as Archei race in upcoming Beyond .5 release. They are nano-particle terminator-2 ish cyborgs which specialize on stealth, mimicry and nano-engeneering and their race specific character set is actually more less you asking for. Other races could aim for Archei population assimilation in order to be able to have them as spies.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 8/21/2014 8:25:56 AM >

(in reply to Kizucha)
Post #: 314
Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research tree,... - 8/21/2014 11:30:57 PM   
lurchi

Hi. Just wanted to stop by.

Fever got worse and better again. Since lying around is boring and I felt ok today I worked a bit and completed the shields. Might not have been the best idea since it gave me quite a headache. Literally.
Oh well, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

So, look forward to the teaser. I'll post it in a few minutes.

I also want to thank you all for your support. You're great!

< Message edited by lurchi -- 8/22/2014 1:09:24 AM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 315
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 8/21/2014 11:50:39 PM   
lurchi

quote:

ORIGINAL: DinoSaurus

When working on the colonization-tech-tree: I think it would be interesting to have a first step building habitats on a planet, then atmosphere-generators or something else, and at least open-planet-colonization resp. advanced colonization or faster reproduction/duplicators

In DW you can only colonize with more or less starting population. I can't do much here.

quote:

Another point: Minig: What about Deep litopshere mining? For better/faster mining and also could increase the chance of a new mineral resouce...

Sounds interesting. I'll keep that in mind.

quote:

Is it possible to divine minig station into ore mining and collectors (or something like this) for luxury stuff? Digging for ekarus meet... ^^

No problem at all, I always build special luxury mines for ultrarare luxuries. No problem for a player, that is. DW only knows two kinds of mines, gas and mineral. To change that I'd need the ability to create new unit classes.

quote:

Last: what about some kind of teleporters (passangers/goods) for faster transport od small amounts of stuff?

Not possible. I can modify existing stuff, create similar new stuff, even create some really new stuff with a kludge or two, but I can't introduce completely new concepts.

(in reply to DinoSaurus)
Post #: 316
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 8/21/2014 11:52:33 PM   
lurchi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kizucha

Edit: @Lurchi: Is it planned to improve stealth? Most of the time i dont use it because its somewhat weak,if its working good i can imagin for a nasty play for pirates hiding with an pirat base under the eyes of the empires.

Stealth will be improved. Sensors too, though.

(in reply to Kizucha)
Post #: 317
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 8/21/2014 11:54:14 PM   
lurchi

quote:

And some more ideas or questions:

DW shows three different tables with research, but I am missing(although I am natural scientist) humanities and so on...

... would it be possible to add a fourth table (I hope nobody will kill me for this idea... ^^)

Nope, not possible.

(in reply to DinoSaurus)
Post #: 318
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 8/21/2014 11:59:14 PM   
lurchi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blackstork

i think its better for Devs to invest heavily into implementing hi modding capabilities and modularity for DW:U than to invest into DW:U 2
If there will be certain modding improvements this game could be made into a monster just by dedicated community :)

I sure can't say I wouldn't like that, but let's be realistic. The devs will prefer earning more money with DW2 once Universe is stable.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 319
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 8/22/2014 12:05:32 AM   
lurchi

quote:

Ähm... Lurchi...

Do not want to stress you... ... but: Do you have plasmaguns or something like this?!

A whole bunch of them, actually. Including a planetary weapon that can't be really used yet, though.

quote:

What about technicel spies? Drones, Syborgs or s.th.? Could be limitted as well as Spy-Characters for each race, but it would be a additional option...

Those could be included as characters.

quote:

I never have built a monitoring base - do you could place spies there? If not, it would be interesting, if you can race spionage like a scientist...

Spies don't sit on such stations. You kinda can race spying by giving them less time, but that makes spying more dangerous.

(in reply to DinoSaurus)
Post #: 320
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 8/22/2014 12:37:03 AM   
lurchi

K, here's the teaser:

(in reply to lurchi)
Post #: 321
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 8/22/2014 8:54:10 AM   
Kizucha

YES! Better stealth! They will never see me, muahaha!

And i see the zenox-shields again. I hope they are really better as the vanilla because... they are not so good as they should for my taste. I love fortress stations with hugh amount of shields.

Edit: Oh... wait... what? Gungan shields? And slipstream warp things?

< Message edited by Kizucha -- 8/23/2014 2:12:33 PM >

(in reply to lurchi)
Post #: 322
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 8/23/2014 8:34:02 PM   
lurchi

Yeah, Gungan. You like?

BTW, I wasn't quite happy with the shields, so I reworked them again.

Here's the result:

(in reply to Kizucha)
Post #: 323
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 8/23/2014 9:41:24 PM   
Kizucha

Looks good. I would be so happy to lay my fingers on it. I need hugh motivation to play the game without an research mod and there is no good research mods out there that works with the game right now.

Hm exists an relativ plan for release or purly "it's done when its done?"*blink blink*

Edit: Oh and with the gungan shields, dont know, at least i have no idea what they are as an shield typ but i'm looking forward to it.If they are good or are for somewhat functional i use them, if not i dont use them.

< Message edited by Kizucha -- 8/23/2014 10:43:15 PM >

(in reply to lurchi)
Post #: 324
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 8/23/2014 11:16:30 PM   
Joshwoo69

Will you have a combination shield for all 3 in one?

(in reply to Kizucha)
Post #: 325
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 8/24/2014 1:03:08 AM   
lurchi

quote:

Hm exists an relativ plan for release or purly "it's done when its done?"*blink blink*

Yup, it's done when it's done. I only planned a rough framework and fill it up now as I work through the tree. That and my sparse free time make it impossible to set a fixed release date. It's more than half done, so it won't be a matter of months.

quote:

Edit: Oh and with the gungan shields, dont know, at least i have no idea what they are as an shield typ but i'm looking forward to it.If they are good or are for somewhat functional i use them, if not i dont use them.

I sto... borrowed those from Star Wars. I actually borrowed tons of stuff from tons of SF movies, series and games.

(in reply to Kizucha)
Post #: 326
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 8/24/2014 1:10:02 AM   
lurchi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joshwoo69

Will you have a combination shield for all 3 in one?

No. There actually will be no unification tech whatsoever in Research Reloaded. They narrow down diversity, so I decided to get rid of them entirely.

(in reply to Joshwoo69)
Post #: 327
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 8/24/2014 2:17:31 AM   
AKicebear

quote:

No. There actually will be no unification tech whatsoever in Research Reloaded. They narrow down diversity, so I decided to get rid of them entirely.

+1

(in reply to lurchi)
Post #: 328
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 8/24/2014 6:45:33 AM   
dvr

Are you familiar with the X3 series? The names are very good (Concussion Impulse Generator, Hammerhead Heavy Torpedo, Cluster Flak Array, EnergyBolt Chain-gun... and so on) I name my ship designs after the ships from X3. Anyway, it seems like you are not lacking of inspiration. Looking forward to you mod! If you're interested I probably have a list somewhere with weapon stats and all.

(in reply to AKicebear)
Post #: 329
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 8/24/2014 11:40:20 AM   
lurchi

I have played Elite and Elite:Frontier, but for some unknown reason I never tried their unofficial successor X. Yeah, I'm not lacking inspiration, but even more never hurts. I'm sure interested in your list.

(in reply to dvr)
Post #: 330
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI