Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I am snowed in! and drunk!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> I am snowed in! and drunk! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I am snowed in! and drunk! - 2/17/2003 1:14:24 PM   
M4Jess

:p ;) :D :cool: :rolleyes: :confused: :eek: :) :( :o

Its 1:15 Am

Im making war, not trouble~

Post #: 1
Re: I am snowed in! and drunk! - 2/17/2003 1:38:06 PM   
Bernie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by M4 Jess
[B]:p ;) :D :cool: :rolleyes: :confused: :eek: :) :( :o

Its 1:15 Am [/B][/QUOTE]

Just went out and stuck a tape measure in the mountain in the yard...27" of snow...and it's still coming down.

My old stomping grounds up in Allentown have 32", with more coming.

What, me worry?

(in reply to M4Jess)
Post #: 2
- 2/17/2003 1:42:52 PM   
Huffy

Hey...1:45 am here in PA....about 6 in. so far...hmmm...so I am gonna expect the worst. Kids....all day ....full of energy....I gotta get to bed....
Take care....
Huffy

(in reply to M4Jess)
Post #: 3
- 2/17/2003 1:46:14 PM   
Huffy

Hey Jess...still can't get the banner in...and, by the way, what you drinking ...I'm having 7&7's here....
Huffy

(in reply to M4Jess)
Post #: 4
- 2/17/2003 2:30:49 PM   
Goblin

Jess drinks Shirley Temples. Orzel got him hooked on them. He watches Richard Simmons workouts while drinking them....

Goblin:D

(in reply to M4Jess)
Post #: 5
- 2/17/2003 4:15:45 PM   
VikingNo2

It's been cold here in Hawaii as well it almost go into the 50s last night buRRRRRR:rolleyes:

(in reply to M4Jess)
Post #: 6
- 2/17/2003 6:57:18 PM   
M4Jess

Goblin....Bite me

Viking.....Bite me

:p

(in reply to M4Jess)
Post #: 7
- 2/17/2003 7:21:04 PM   
M4Jess

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Huffy
[B]Hey Jess...still can't get the banner in...and, by the way, what you drinking ...I'm having 7&7's here....
Huffy [/B][/QUOTE]

was Jim Beam...now its Bloody Mary's! :rolleyes:

1. Right click on a Banner, copy the properties.

2. Do a reply on this thread.

3. Click IMG

4. Paste the properties in the IMG box..

5. Hit Submit Reply..

After That you should see the Banner...

6. follow 1-3 above.

7. After you paste the properties in the IMG copy the http IMG address in the message screen

8. Then go to your profile...paste the http IMG there...

9. Drink more 7&7s ;) and have fun!

Jess~

(in reply to M4Jess)
Post #: 8
- 2/17/2003 9:45:22 PM   
Figmo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Goblin
[B]Jess drinks Shirley Temples. Orzel got him hooked on them. He watches Richard Simmons workouts while drinking them....

Goblin:D [/B][/QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO - Oh it hurts I'm laughing so hard.

GOOD ONE - Goblin!!

I'm snowed in too - Norristown area. And the kids want to go out and make a snowman - their crazy - it's too cool. Time to pull out the good old No. 7 and warmup.

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to M4Jess)
Post #: 9
JJ Go jump in a lake. - 2/17/2003 9:48:33 PM   
Gary Tatro

[QUOTE]Originally posted by VikingNo2
[B]It's been cold here in Hawaii as well it almost go into the 50s last night buRRRRRR:rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE]
I live in Massachusetts for the last 2 weeks it has not got above 25 degrees Farehhight. Yesterday the high was 5 degrees. 5 yes 5 degrees. So BITE ME.:D :D :D

We are suppose to be getting that storm here soon. Sometime tonight.

"Are you going to do something or just stand there and bleed"

(in reply to M4Jess)
Post #: 10
- 2/17/2003 10:11:31 PM   
Bing

27" of snow. Ha ha ha. We passed 114" last week and are on our way to fulfilling our season average of 160". Anything less than 160" is for sissies. Chicago gets four inches. Oh my God!!! End of the world!!! A few more inches and they close down the airports.

We have a saying here: Five snowflakes, five snowplows. While this is certainly exaggeration, it reflects the way in which real snowfall is handled - without federal aid, I will add, which my community does not accept. Snow drifting over the open highways, between here and Traverse City for example, can't be avoided, though snow fences in certain areas help to a degree. In town, well, I have woken up at 4 AM to the snowplow doing the sidestreets - main streets already done by that time - always in the company of a salt truck.

When spring comes, areas such as the land on which my building sits may reveal damage to the road shoulders from the plows. This will be repaired and where necessary new sod put down. Contrary to the city, where it seems everyone has their hand in the cookie jar, there is little real corruption in local government. We get something in return for taxes paid.

Now, if its REAL snow you want, try Marquitte, Michigan and upstate New York, where 240"+ is the annual average.

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to M4Jess)
Post #: 11
- 2/18/2003 1:05:58 AM   
rbrunsman

We had 2" of rain over the weekend and it got down into the 60s. I actually had to mow the lawn yesterday, too! I should have called in sick this morning. ;)

Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom

(in reply to M4Jess)
Post #: 12
- 2/18/2003 1:24:44 AM   
Belisarius

We're in the upper 20's since the week before X-mas, and we got some 4-5" right now. Kinda mild. Thank you, Gulf Stream! :cool: :D

Ofcourse, living by the north sea coast, everything is sheated in ice as soon as the temp. goes below 35... :rolleyes: Good thing we're allowed to have studded snow tyres.

Got StuG?

(in reply to M4Jess)
Post #: 13
- 2/18/2003 1:33:23 AM   
tracer

Hey, we all have our cross to bear...today's high temp is a full [I]10 degrees[/I] lower than yesterday's 82. ;) :D :D :D

Jim NSB

(in reply to M4Jess)
Post #: 14
- 2/18/2003 3:44:09 AM   
rbrunsman

It's a burden to live in the south, isn't it Tracer?:D

Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom

(in reply to M4Jess)
Post #: 15
- 2/18/2003 7:45:23 AM   
Easy8

Sunny and mid 60's here in Cen-Tex.:D

Bel - made a train trip from Stockholm to Bergen, Norway once. Got off the train in Bergen and the Gulf Stream had warmed the temp to 35 F. - seemed downright balmy compared to Stockholm.

Is the Totas Blues Band still active in Gothenburg? Was there in the mid 1980's and made friends with some of those guys.

"The problem with the future is that it keeps turning into the present" -Hobbes

(in reply to M4Jess)
Post #: 16
- 2/18/2003 8:33:50 AM   
Huffy

[IMG]http://jmhdesigns.com/JESSE/jlh1.jpg[/IMG]

(in reply to M4Jess)
Post #: 17
- 2/18/2003 8:35:37 AM   
Huffy

ok, got it...thank you Jess...now I learned something.
Take care...[IMG]http://jmhdesigns.com/JESSE/jlh1.jpg[/IMG]

(in reply to M4Jess)
Post #: 18
- 2/18/2003 11:34:36 AM   
Bernie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bing
[B]27" of snow. Ha ha ha. We passed 114" last week and are on our way to fulfilling our season average of 160". Anything less than 160" is for sissies. Chicago gets four inches. Oh my God!!! End of the world!!! A few more inches and they close down the airports.

We have a saying here: Five snowflakes, five snowplows. While this is certainly exaggeration, it reflects the way in which real snowfall is handled - without federal aid, I will add, which my community does not accept. Snow drifting over the open highways, between here and Traverse City for example, can't be avoided, though snow fences in certain areas help to a degree. In town, well, I have woken up at 4 AM to the snowplow doing the sidestreets - main streets already done by that time - always in the company of a salt truck.

When spring comes, areas such as the land on which my building sits may reveal damage to the road shoulders from the plows. This will be repaired and where necessary new sod put down. Contrary to the city, where it seems everyone has their hand in the cookie jar, there is little real corruption in local government. We get something in return for taxes paid.

Now, if its REAL snow you want, try Marquitte, Michigan and upstate New York, where 240"+ is the annual average.

Bing [/B][/QUOTE]

My ex's family has 40 acres in upstate NY, near Schroon Lake, and last I checked my boat (parked on a trailer next to the cabin) it had about 80" of snow over the top of it. Not 80" to the ground...80" to reach the windshield of the boat...sitting on a trailer. That was according to my ex father-in-law who was up there in January. :) Yeah, they do get a wee bit of the white stuff there!

What, me worry?

(in reply to M4Jess)
Post #: 19
Why plow ????? - 2/18/2003 1:05:01 PM   
chief

Bing: Can't understand why you all bother to plow the snow in Michigan. Except for you, everyone else from Mich. is here in sunny Florida, (73 degree) weather. Blue plates everywhere I look, blue plates, and more blue plates, don't you ever stay home.:D :D :) :cool:

Ps: Has anybody seen my sunglasses ? By the way here SNOW, COLD, and WORK are all four letter words.:cool:

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

(in reply to M4Jess)
Post #: 20
- 2/18/2003 1:23:01 PM   
Orzel Bialy

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Goblin
[B]Jess drinks Shirley Temples. Orzel got him hooked on them. He watches Richard Simmons workouts while drinking them....

Goblin:D [/B][/QUOTE]

Right...Shirley Temples. :rolleyes:

(in reply to M4Jess)
Post #: 21
- 2/18/2003 2:17:15 PM   
Belisarius

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Easy8
[B]Sunny and mid 60's here in Cen-Tex.:D

Bel - made a train trip from Stockholm to Bergen, Norway once. Got off the train in Bergen and the Gulf Stream had warmed the temp to 35 F. - seemed downright balmy compared to Stockholm.

Is the Totas Blues Band still active in Gothenburg? Was there in the mid 1980's and made friends with some of those guys. [/B][/QUOTE]

Cool. :D It's the humidity that really gets to you, cold as warm. In the far north, it's so arid that sub-zero temperatures feel quite alright. As long as it's not windy... :p

Tottas Blues Band? Haven't heard much about those guys lately. But then again, Blues Bands tend to keep on going forever, don't they? I wouldn't be surprised to find them doing a gig somewhere around. The town's filled with Blues/Jazz establishments.

Got StuG?

(in reply to M4Jess)
Post #: 22
- 2/18/2003 7:58:00 PM   
M4Jess

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Orzel Bialy
[B]Right...Shirley Temples. :rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE]

Spiked with Jim Beam;)

(in reply to M4Jess)
Post #: 23
- 2/18/2003 9:04:34 PM   
tracer

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rbrunsman
[B]It's a burden to live in the south, isn't it Tracer?:D [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, there [I]is[/I] the year-round lawnmowing...my chore for this morning. :mad:

And for the record, we did have some snow this year: about 3 weeks ago we had flurries for about an hour! I'm still not sure how we made it thru that one ;) :D

Jim NSB

(in reply to M4Jess)
Post #: 24
- 2/19/2003 10:27:51 AM   
Bernie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tracer
[B]Well, there [I]is[/I] the year-round lawnmowing...my chore for this morning. :mad:

And for the record, we did have some snow this year: about 3 weeks ago we had flurries for about an hour! I'm still not sure how we made it thru that one ;) :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Gee! Flurries for a whole hour! I'll bet you were ready to order the plow attachment for that mower. :D

What, me worry?

(in reply to M4Jess)
Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> I am snowed in! and drunk! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI