Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: John Tiller’s Campaign Series 2.02 now available

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> RE: John Tiller’s Campaign Series 2.02 now available Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: John Tiller’s Campaign Series 2.02 now available - 8/13/2015 3:30:10 PM   
James Ward

quote:

ORIGINAL: voicomp

I have been playing this game since I landed a copy of the Battle of the Bulge (only) version with no unsighted artillery fire landing the next turn (Talon-Soft or pre-Talon-Soft? I don't see my copy atm) and I still love it. The best turn based game I know at this scale and it keeps getting better. So happy to hear more improvements are in the works! I would actually love a randomizer for even more terrain variations (city with lake, railroad, forest, lots of roads, rugged terrain) or even a true randomizer where the person asking for a scenario enters a level rating and the program gives a terrain complication (likely favoring defense) accordingly

If you played it pre-Talonsoft you must have John Tiller's or Jim Rose's personal copy! :)

< Message edited by James Ward -- 8/13/2015 4:31:22 PM >

(in reply to voicomp)
Post #: 31
RE: John Tiller’s Campaign Series 2.02 now available - 8/22/2015 6:44:09 PM   
Jafele

quote:

ORIGINAL: voicomp

I would actually love a randomizer for even more terrain variations (city with lake, railroad, forest, lots of roads, rugged terrain) or even a true randomizer where the person asking for a scenario enters a level rating and the program gives a terrain complication (likely favoring defense) accordingly

That would be cool!!!

(in reply to voicomp)
Post #: 32
RE: John Tiller’s Campaign Series 2.02 now available - 8/28/2015 6:07:14 PM   
carll11

I have an older version, and have to ask what do you mean by 'sliders'?

On a general note, the battle randomizer kind of P's me off- example- using the desert theatre, you can at corp size get a very large map that allows you to maneuver Bns and Regts GRAND tactically, not just tactically.....neither the Med., NW Eur., or any East front regions gives you maps generated at such a size, so any suggestions about generating one for those theatres would be great...whats the slider 'gig' about?

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 33
RE: John Tiller’s Campaign Series 2.02 now available - 8/29/2015 7:31:07 AM   
Crossroads

quote:

ORIGINAL: carl11

I have an older version, and have to ask what do you mean by 'sliders'?

On a general note, the battle randomizer kind of P's me off- example- using the desert theatre, you can at corp size get a very large map that allows you to maneuver Bns and Regts GRAND tactically, not just tactically.....neither the Med., NW Eur., or any East front regions gives you maps generated at such a size, so any suggestions about generating one for those theatres would be great...whats the slider 'gig' about?

Hello carl11

The slider gig discussion in the previous page was about a Map Editor feature for generating random maps that is no longer supported in 2.0 series.

Nothing to do with Random Battle generation, as such.

(in reply to carll11)
Post #: 34
RE: John Tiller’s Campaign Series 2.02 now available - 8/29/2015 6:34:47 PM   
Warhorse

I'm pretty sure in one of the dat files, you can change how big the maps are. Will have to look at them, it works for the DCG's so it should for randomd!

Campaign.pdt, open with notepad, -1 11 section

1 30 24 250 45 5

1=Battalion size
30=width of map
24=height of map
250 45=amount of victory points allotted and how much per location
5=amount of Victory Objectives on map

Desert maps are usually generated up to 2x the w/h number!

Edit, see what happens?

Works for DCG's, I think they both use this file to generate, so there you go!

< Message edited by Warhorse -- 8/29/2015 7:43:15 PM >

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 35
RE: John Tiller’s Campaign Series 2.02 now available - 1/9/2017 5:17:07 AM   
athineos

I am very disappointed that the Random Map Generator was taken out and is not supported any more with the last couple software updates. Any chance that might be added again in the near future?

(in reply to Surtur)
Post #: 36
RE: John Tiller’s Campaign Series 2.02 now available - 1/9/2017 9:48:51 AM   
Big Ivan

quote:

ORIGINAL: athineos

I am very disappointed that the Random Map Generator was taken out and is not supported any more with the last couple software updates. Any chance that might be added again in the near future?

+1

I have to agree with you athineos.

The Random Map Generator was a good thing in the old generation of CS. However, I believe it won't be added to John Tiller's Campaign Series (JTCS)because it (JTCS) is no longer
officially supported. Instead there is in the works a new generation of Campaign Series being developed starting with the release of East Front III sometime in late 2017 or early
2018. There are some forum topics about it where you can add the request to a wish list.

Cheers!

Big Ivan

Blitz call sign Big Ivan.

(in reply to athineos)
Post #: 37
RE: John Tiller’s Campaign Series 2.02 now available - 1/9/2017 5:19:20 PM   
berto

quote:

ORIGINAL: athineos

Since JTCS has been end-of-lifed with v2.02, no, there is no chance it will be added again in future.

Note that when you create a random battle in v2.02, you are in effect also creating a random map. You do not have full control over the details like you did with v1.04 and earlier, however. Meaning to say, you can broadly specify the map parameters, but the old sliders are gone.

With JTCS 2.02, you have two ways to create random maps:

• Create a random battle. This will create a random map named Random[X].map. Feel free to load up and revise in the map editor as you please.
  • Create a random map in v1.04. (Reinstall JTCS 1.04 as necessary.) Copy it over to your JTCS v2.02 install. Again, feel free to load up and revise in the map editor as you please.

Really, not much has changed. The only difference is that, in 2.02, we dropped the sliders. But in 2.02 you can still make make random maps. If you sorely miss the sliders, they are still there in v1.04.

< Message edited by berto -- 1/9/2017 8:04:52 PM >

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
    Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
    Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to athineos)
  • Post #: 38
    RE: John Tiller’s Campaign Series 2.02 now available - 1/10/2017 12:27:37 AM   
    athineos

I had already figured out the second option you mentioned (having 5 laptops helps) but I didn't think of the first one. Thanks!!!!!!!

(in reply to berto)
    Post #: 39
    RE: John Tiller’s Campaign Series 2.02 now available - 2/27/2017 9:58:16 PM   
    Deputy

Have to say the newest patch has finally made the game playable (for me) again. Congrats to all those responsible. One thing I noticed. I don't hear any background music in the new patch when playing against the AI. I have it enabled, but I don't hear anything. I miss that.

Dep

Squad Battles
    John Tiller's Campaign Series

(in reply to athineos)
    Post #: 40
    RE: John Tiller’s Campaign Series 2.02 now available - 2/28/2017 7:58:07 PM   
    bde4soldier223

I was just wondering...on the 2.02 patch you guys added France, Great Britain and United States and added Russian units to the polish to East Front, in West Front you guys added Poland with french and British units on my desktop, but when i installed in on my laptop i don't see the same. How would i be able to have it the same on my laptop?

and

when will the 2.10 update come out? im pretty excited.

(in reply to Deputy)
    Post #: 41
    RE: John Tiller’s Campaign Series 2.02 now available - 2/28/2017 8:11:57 PM   
    Crossroads

I believe the added OoBs are part of the Forgotten Battles mod. Enable that to see them.

Sorry, no 2.10.

We're working on completely new "EF III" / "WF II" / "PF" (Pacific Front) games though.

EDIT: Here's the current The Road Ahead (Subject to change) post by Jason.

< Message edited by Crossroads -- 3/1/2017 1:06:27 PM >

(in reply to bde4soldier223)
    Post #: 42
    RE: John Tiller’s Campaign Series 2.02 now available - 2/28/2017 8:30:16 PM   
    bde4soldier223

ah i see. i will do that.

well, then i cant wait till they come out. they will be a good addition to the series. :)

(in reply to Crossroads)
    Post #: 43
    RE: John Tiller’s Campaign Series 2.02 now available - 3/1/2017 1:07:08 PM   
    Crossroads

There are a few random VN and EF screenshots at CS Middle East "Sneak Peeks" thread, for instance a few recent ones from here on

(in reply to bde4soldier223)
    Post #: 44
    RE: John Tiller’s Campaign Series 2.02 now available - 9/21/2017 7:25:44 PM   
    Three63

I'm really confused. Where do I check the updates. I think I got 2.0.6 what do I add to that??? thank you.

Three63 of The Blitz Wargaming Club
    http://www.theblitz.org/

(in reply to Crossroads)
    Post #: 45
    RE: John Tiller’s Campaign Series 2.02 now available - 9/21/2017 9:49:20 PM   
    Jason Petho

If you click the Update button on your main game menu, it should apply the necessary updates for you.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Three63)
    Post #: 46
    RE: John Tiller’s Campaign Series 2.02 now available - 9/25/2017 6:13:29 PM   
    Three63

Already did that. How do I check if it's the latest version and the update was not a error.

(in reply to Jason Petho)
    Post #: 47
    RE: John Tiller’s Campaign Series 2.02 now available - 9/25/2017 6:33:54 PM   
    Jason Petho

Help --> About --> Should tell you which version you are using.

(in reply to Three63)
    Post #: 48
    RE: John Tiller’s Campaign Series 2.02 now available - 6/11/2018 5:53:38 AM   
    Steely Glint

Night visibility variations: I was in more than my share of night actions, and visibility varied enormously depending on the status of the moon, whatever the local weather was (especially the humidity), and how close you were to dawn or dusk.

“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.

(in reply to voicomp)
    Post #: 49
    RE: John Tiller’s Campaign Series 2.02 now available - 6/11/2018 3:18:47 PM   
    Jason Petho

With CSME and beyond, you can set the visibility on a turn by turn basis, to whatever value you want, day or night. So if you want to see a kilometre away at night, you can set it to do that.

Way more options now for the scenario designer and many more to come!

< Message edited by Jason Petho -- 6/11/2018 3:19:38 PM >

(in reply to Steely Glint)
    Post #: 50
    RE: John Tiller’s Campaign Series 2.02 now available - 9/26/2018 3:55:20 PM   
    edward77

INSTALLED 2.02 Everything works fine except that I get an "Invalid format" message when I input data into the Scenario Header Dialog so I cannot change no of turns, who goes first etc

(in reply to voicomp)
    Post #: 51
    RE: John Tiller’s Campaign Series 2.02 now available - 9/26/2018 4:03:01 PM   
    Jason Petho

Ah yes, you have to ensure that you are inputting the dates, the amount of turns and visibility correctly.

The visibility should be: (assuming 30 turns) 1-15[8] 16-30[10] (this has the first 15 turns set at 8 hexes, the remaining at 10 hexes)

The day/night setting should be: (assuming 30 turns) 1-30[d]

Date format is 21 June, 1941

(in reply to edward77)
    Post #: 52
    RE: John Tiller’s Campaign Series 2.02 now available - 9/26/2018 4:19:11 PM   
    edward77

Doh! Of course. Many thanks Jason for such a prompt reply.

Post #: 53
    RE: John Tiller’s Campaign Series 2.02 now available - 9/26/2018 4:41:24 PM   
    Jason Petho

No problem at all!

(in reply to edward77)
    Post #: 54
    RE: John Tiller’s Campaign Series 2.02 now available - 7/6/2020 9:33:51 AM   
    faos333

Finally decided to start playing again and luckily I found out about the latest update! Its perfect, thank you guys!
    Edit: The background music works fine now in the new patch when playing against the AI. I disable it and r enable it

Ps hopefully we see an Eastern/West Front III, in the years to come.

< Message edited by faos333 -- 7/7/2020 7:16:50 PM >

Post #: 55
    Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
    All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> RE: John Tiller’s Campaign Series 2.02 now available Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI