Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Chinese PLANAF J-11BH conducted dangerous intercept on U.S. Navy P-8A Poseidon MPA

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Chinese PLANAF J-11BH conducted dangerous intercept on U.S. Navy P-8A Poseidon MPA Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Chinese PLANAF J-11BH conducted dangerous intercept on ... - 8/23/2014 8:44:10 AM   
xavierv

Chinese PLANAF J-11BH conducted dangerous intercept on U.S. Navy P-8A Poseidon MPA

quote:

The Pentagon confirmed Friday that a Chinese fighter intercepted a U.S. Navy P-8A Poseidon Maritime Patrol Aircraft (MPA). According to images released by the Pentagon, the Chinese Jet appears to be a Shenyang J-11BH likely belonging to the "People's Liberation Army Naval Air Force" (PLANAF) 8th fighter division based in Jialaishi airbase on the Island of Hainan.

According to Pentagon spokesman Rear Admiral John Kirby the interception was “very close, very dangerous, pretty aggressive and very unprofessional.” He said the intercept took place on Tuesday 135 miles (200 km) east of Hainan Island. He said the Chinese fighter jet flew as close as 20 to 30 feet (7 to 10 meters) to the P-8A Poseidon MPA and conducted a barrel roll over the plane.

“The Chinese jet also passed the nose of the P-8 at 90 degrees with its belly towards the P-8 Poseidon, we believe to make a point of showing its weapons load,” he said. It then “flew directly under and alongside the P-8, bringing their wing tips to within 20 feet, and then conducted a roll … over the P-8, passing within 45 feet,” Kirby added.

Based on the pictures, J-11BH was fitted with two PL-8 short range air to air missiles and two PL-12 medium range air to air missiles during these maneuvers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i29V0wnKuMY
Post #: 1
RE: Chinese PLANAF J-11BH conducted dangerous intercept... - 8/23/2014 1:23:24 PM   
MR_BURNS2

You know who started this trend, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LzZ1ORjSjk

Windows 7 64; Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz; 6144MB RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970;

(in reply to xavierv)
Post #: 2
RE: Chinese PLANAF J-11BH conducted dangerous intercept... - 8/23/2014 4:14:05 PM   
Rob322

I doubt the Chinese pilot took a picture of it though .... At least with a Polaroid!

(in reply to MR_BURNS2)
Post #: 3
RE: Chinese PLANAF J-11BH conducted dangerous intercept... - 8/24/2014 4:46:36 AM   
NakedWeasel

Oh the cheesiness... sooooo cheesy.

Though surrounded by a great number of enemies
View them as a single foe
And so fight on!

(in reply to Rob322)
Post #: 4
RE: Chinese PLANAF J-11BH conducted dangerous intercept... - 8/24/2014 1:05:16 PM   
JTurbine

MR_BURNS2,

Your reply is so wrong on so many Levels. To try to relate fake movie BS to life or death situations in the real world is a grave disservice to the highly professional men and women of the United States Military.

Sincerely,
Rex A. Smith

< Message edited by JTurbine -- 8/24/2014 2:07:17 PM >

(in reply to MR_BURNS2)
Post #: 5
RE: Chinese PLANAF J-11BH conducted dangerous intercept... - 8/25/2014 12:36:31 AM   
Mgellis

quote:

ORIGINAL: MR_BURNS2

You know who started this trend, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LzZ1ORjSjk

Not to mention this incident, in which a German pilot joining an international special response team recklessly endangered three Japanese teammates...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMsWpXN_bT8

(How come we can't have these things in the database?)

(in reply to MR_BURNS2)
Post #: 6
RE: Chinese PLANAF J-11BH conducted dangerous intercept... - 8/25/2014 1:11:35 AM   
tk208

quote:

ORIGINAL: JTurbine

MR_BURNS2,

Your reply is so wrong on so many Levels. To try to relate fake movie BS to life or death situations in the real world is a grave disservice to the highly professional men and women of the United States Military.

Sincerely,
Rex A. Smith

Come on Turbine lighten up! I'm sure that was meant as nothing other then a light-hearted joke

(in reply to JTurbine)
Post #: 7
RE: Chinese PLANAF J-11BH conducted dangerous intercept... - 8/27/2014 5:40:41 AM   
NakedWeasel

quote:

ORIGINAL: tk208

quote:

ORIGINAL: JTurbine

MR_BURNS2,

Sincerely,
Rex A. Smith

Come on Turbine lighten up! I'm sure that was meant as nothing other then a light-hearted joke

I had to watch that damned cheesy BS movie at least once a week while we were underway. I have a right to make that joke.

Though surrounded by a great number of enemies
View them as a single foe
And so fight on!

(in reply to tk208)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Chinese PLANAF J-11BH conducted dangerous intercept on U.S. Navy P-8A Poseidon MPA Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI