Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Redeeming your Steam key

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: Redeeming your Steam key Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Redeeming your Steam key - 5/11/2015 4:59:55 AM   
Casinn

Steam version should have installed in a new directory, so yes.

(in reply to armonica)
Post #: 31
RE: Redeeming your Steam key - 5/11/2015 2:02:41 PM   
armonica

Thank you

(in reply to Casinn)
Post #: 32
RE: Redeeming your Steam key - 9/20/2015 11:12:50 PM   
khecker

Hi and help please.

When I tried to activate the Steam key, Steam said "the product code you've entered has already been activated by an existing Steam account, and is therefore invalid."

I went through the Slitherine process to create the Steam key today (Sept. 20, 2015) and then immediately tried the new key in Steam. So I am not the person who used the key the first time.

It looks like the Slitherine site recycled a key.

What should I do / who should I contact for a new key?

Thanks,

Kai.

(in reply to armonica)
Post #: 33
RE: Redeeming your Steam key - 9/22/2015 4:35:47 AM   
Casinn

Probably http://www.matrixgames.com/support/

(in reply to khecker)
Post #: 34
RE: Redeeming your Steam key - 10/25/2015 8:19:18 PM   
harpoon731

May have missed this in my search, Is it the same way to redeem your serial for NI's steam key as well? I bought the Matrix Box. :)

(in reply to armonica)
Post #: 35
RE: Redeeming your Steam key - 10/26/2015 2:50:50 AM   
Casinn

The Matrix key(s) is the steam key these days, you only needed to use the Redeem page for older purchases. Iain posted it a bit further down boards.

edit: I've only tested it with NI plus CMANO, not with NI standalone, not sure if any differences.

< Message edited by Casinn -- 10/26/2015 3:52:37 AM >

(in reply to harpoon731)
Post #: 36
RE: Redeeming your Steam key - 10/26/2015 8:57:54 AM   
IainMcNeil

I've updated the original post to clarify that Northern Inferno works in a different way and you do not need to generate a steam key, your serial is your steam key.

@ armonica - Yes you can uninstall the Matrix version if you prefer.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to armonica)
Post #: 37
RE: Redeeming your Steam key - 10/27/2015 12:18:12 AM   
harpoon731

Gotcha, Thank you Sir!

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 38
RE: Redeeming your Steam key - 11/9/2015 4:34:42 AM   
jbyng

I am coming up empty trying to get this DLC registered:
1: I bought CMANO when it first came out, so I'm in the group of previous owners.
2: This weekend I upgraded to 1.09 using the updater in the game launcher. For some reason this created a complete new folder structure.
3: I scoured the forums to figure out how to get C:NI registered - my impression (because the instructions were scattered and fuzzy), was that I had to register with Steam to get a new key, which I could use in the "enter registration key" fields that popped up at the end of the upgrade process. My CMNAO key was already populated, but the C:NI field was blank.
4: I registered through the new 'unified login system' and, after much to-ing and fro-ing, managed to get a Steam key for CMNAO. I thought there should be an entry for C:NI in the list of games, but there wasn't. I wanted to get a Steam key because, according to Iain, "your [C:NI] serial is your steam key."
5: I entered my Steam key in the upgrade registration box for C:NI, but it didn't work. At this point I had the DLC (I could click on "campaigns"), but got a pop-up telling me to "UPGRADE NOW to obtain a license for this module." According to everything I had read on the forums, at this point I should have been able to play C:NI, but I couldn't. So I opened a help ticket with Matrix Games.
6: Matrix told me to open my Steam Desktop Client (which I didn't have) and register the game through there. So I went to the Steam site.
7: On the Steam site I had to create yet another account (my "unified login" didn't seem to work) and download the desktop application. With that up and running I registered CMNAO using the Steam key I created in step 4, and the game started to download AGAIN. This seemed pretty stupid, but given how screwed up this whole process is, I wasn't too surprised.
8: After the game downloaded I had a fresh splash screen to start the game, but this one lacked the "Upgrade" button. I was just relieved that it hadn't created a THIRD game folder.
9: I started the game, opened the campaign, selected NI, aaannnddddd.... was told to "UPGRADE NOW to obtain a license for this module."

At this point I'm so freaking sick of this mess I'm ready to delete it all. Could someone please tell me:
* How can I register and play C:NI?
* Which game folder am I supposed to keep?
* Which launcher should I used?
* How many of these accounts do I need to keep open? Do I need accounts with Matrix, Slytherine, AND Steam? What is the point of all this?
* How did an update system which used to be so simple and work so easily, get so completely bloated and convoluted?

Many thanks.

(in reply to harpoon731)
Post #: 39
RE: Redeeming your Steam key - 11/9/2015 6:44:07 AM   
Casinn

Not sure it will solve all your problems but running steam in administrator mode should help the license issue. (and may solve them all)

(in reply to jbyng)
Post #: 40
RE: Redeeming your Steam key - 11/11/2015 3:04:28 PM   
jbyng

I guess I am the dumbest guy in the room. I thought that C:NI was free DLC for existing CMNAO players. Ordering now.

(in reply to Casinn)
Post #: 41
RE: Redeeming your Steam key - 12/18/2015 1:52:41 AM   
RangerX3X

I am a big Steam user but like to patronize Matrix and with this option it was a no brainer to pick up both games. The redemption process at Slitherine and the new process for the expansion pack worked flawlessly with Steam.

(in reply to jbyng)
Post #: 42
RE: Redeeming your Steam key - 12/20/2015 6:28:42 PM   
JSF

I tried to get my steam key via Slitherine, but it didn´t work. I looged in, entered my Command serial number. The game was registered there but nothing more happened, no window opened giving me the steam key. Any hints?

(in reply to RangerX3X)
Post #: 43
RE: Redeeming your Steam key - 12/20/2015 6:43:11 PM   
zakblood

unless i'm mistaken,

your serial is your steam key,

you only needed to use the Redeem page for older purchases

< Message edited by zakblood -- 12/20/2015 7:44:04 PM >

(in reply to JSF)
Post #: 44
RE: Redeeming your Steam key - 12/20/2015 6:55:25 PM   
JSF

quote:

ORIGINAL: zakblood

unless i'm mistaken,

your serial is your steam key,

you only needed to use the Redeem page for older purchases

Excuse me if I ask rather stupid questions, but I´m really not sure what to do. I have a steam account, just logged in for the first time after a year or so. There I can see all the steam games I bought in the last years. But how can I create the connection between my Matrix game with its serial number and my steam account?

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 45
RE: Redeeming your Steam key - 12/20/2015 7:02:07 PM   
JSF

Progress!

In my steam account, I typed in the serial number from the main game and it worked - now it is connected via steam.

One question still: do I have to install the sim from steam in a separate folder ? Do I have to install it after all, since it is already on the hard drive?

(in reply to JSF)
Post #: 46
RE: Redeeming your Steam key - 12/20/2015 7:26:07 PM   
mikmykWS

I'd just let steam do its thing and install into the default directory until you have a good understanding how it works etc. My take is its best to minimize points of failure unit you understand how things work. The only real drawback is learning the new file paths etc. We are moving toward steam workshop integration so that may matter even less as time creeps on.

Thanks!

Mike

(in reply to JSF)
Post #: 47
RE: Redeeming your Steam key - 12/20/2015 7:28:36 PM   
JSF

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

I'd just let steam do its thing and install into the default directory until you have a good understanding how it works etc. My take is its best to minimize points of failure unit you understand how things work. The only real drawback is learning the new file paths etc. We are moving toward steam workshop integration so that may matter even less as time creeps on.

Thanks!

Mike

Thanks, Mike I´ll do it as You suggest.

Awesome sim, great support. Wargaming at its best.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 48
RE: Redeeming your Steam key - 12/21/2015 7:23:45 PM   
JSF

Everything is now working just fine. One question though; what about the community scenarios? They aren´t included in the Steam version as it seems. Will that change in the future? Would be great to simply have one steam version of the sim which constantly updates not only the game engine, but also the community scenario pack.

(in reply to JSF)
Post #: 49
RE: Redeeming your Steam key - 12/21/2015 7:41:32 PM   
mikmykWS

This will be part of the next update and should not require another installation.

Thanks

(in reply to JSF)
Post #: 50
RE: Redeeming your Steam key - 12/22/2015 5:31:15 PM   
JSF

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

This will be part of the next update and should not require another installation.

Thanks

Excellent! That will be the point when I delete my Matrix installs and use steam only. Didn´t use steam for a long time, but right now I´m reinstalling several games from steam and - I must admit - this is convenience at its best.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 51
RE: Redeeming your Steam key - 2/25/2016 1:44:15 AM   
U235

Hi all, I was wondering if someone can help. I bought the game on Steam, but I'd like to register it on the Matrix site. The core game has no serial key, but the DLC Northern Inferno does and I have registered that on Matrix. I like the convenience of having all my Matrix game keys together. Thanks in advance.

(in reply to Casinn)
Post #: 52
RE: Redeeming your Steam key - 6/3/2016 3:31:06 PM   
AlbertoC

*** EDIT ***

The process of redeeming a Steam key has been changed because of the new site design. Please see the new instructions here:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=72513

(in reply to armonica)
Post #: 53
RE: Redeeming your Steam key - 10/28/2016 11:43:50 AM   
Darojax

Just wanted to say thanks for adding the aquire Steam key function. Very helpful! : )

< Message edited by Darojax -- 10/28/2016 11:45:07 AM >

(in reply to armonica)
Post #: 54
RE: Redeeming your Steam key - 6/27/2019 8:44:41 PM   
MikeJ19

Good day,

I bought NI a couple of months ago. Yesterday I purchased CMANO and COW off steam. I want to register this on the Matrix site and redeem my steam key. I can not find the serial number from my Steam purchase. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

Retired Gunner

(in reply to Darojax)
Post #: 55
RE: Redeeming your Steam key - 6/27/2019 8:50:45 PM   
zakblood

buy on steam, works only on steam and can't be registered here, buy from here, also gets you a steam key if games out now or at a later date, site version users key, steam doesn't, so nothing to register here i'm sorry to say

(in reply to MikeJ19)
Post #: 56
RE: Redeeming your Steam key - 6/27/2019 10:09:35 PM   
MikeJ19

Okay, thanks for letting me know.

Mike

Retired Gunner

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 57
RE: Redeeming your Steam key - 11/6/2019 3:47:28 AM   
Tusler@Matrix

When I click on the link and am signed in it says I am not authorized to read this forum?

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before it's too Late!

(in reply to Surtur)
Post #: 58
RE: Redeeming your Steam key - 11/16/2019 2:00:35 PM   
Weregamba

Ok I dont see an naswer to my question, although it looks similar to others. Here it goes:

I bought CMANO in Steam, with some DLCs
Now I want to upgrade to CMO, BUT I dont want to stay in STEAM, I prefer to purchase it directly from Matrix

Is there a way to get the 50% discount in Matrix?

(Sure, I can buy it in Steam and get the 50% discount, but I rather avoid Steam)

Thanks

(in reply to Tusler@Matrix)
Post #: 59
RE: Redeeming your Steam key - 11/16/2019 2:02:40 PM   
Weregamba

Same here, I just posted the same question

(in reply to U235)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: Redeeming your Steam key Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI