Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Playtest of Pacific at War 3 25 14

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> After Action Reports >> RE: Playtest of Pacific at War 3 25 14 Page: <<   < prev  30 31 32 33 [34]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Playtest of Pacific at War 3 25 14 - 5/13/2015 12:36:03 AM   
fogger

Hi Larry
On a side note, during WW2 the Australian policy to an invasion of Darwin was to conduct a fighting withdraw to about 200km south of Darwin and then a big step back to Adelaide. An invasion of Darwin should not be a problem due to distance and supply lines. It is 3,000 kms from Darwin to Adelaide (Berlin to Moscow is 1,800kms) across some very bad territory. Very beautiful but very hostile and unforgiving. Tourist are always dying out there because they are unprepared. Not enough water or food to support any force higher than a battalion. A Japanese player would be better off invading Townsville and coming down the Eastern seaboard. But to do that he has to take PNG. I do not know if it is this game but Australia raised 10 Militia Divisions for main land defence with most on the eastern seaboard.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Australian_divisions_in_World_War_II

Thought for the day:
If you feel like doing some work, sit down and wait....... The feeling does go away.

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 991
RE: Playtest of Pacific at War 3 25 14 - 5/13/2015 12:43:51 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: fogger
Hi Larry
On a side note, during WW2 the Australian policy to an invasion of Darwin was to conduct a fighting withdraw to about 200km south of Darwin and then a big step back to Adelaide. An invasion of Darwin should not be a problem due to distance and supply lines. It is 3,000 kms from Darwin to Adelaide (Berlin to Moscow is 1,800kms) across some very bad territory. Very beautiful but very hostile and unforgiving. Tourist are always dying out there because they are unprepared. Not enough water or food to support any force higher than a battalion. A Japanese player would be better off invading Townsville and coming down the Eastern seaboard. But to do that he has to take PNG. I do not know if it is this game but Australia raised 10 Militia Divisions for main land defence with most on the eastern seaboard.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Australian_divisions_in_World_War_II

Thank you muchly for that analysis and for posting the link. I'm not sure what Thomas has planned but he's going to have to be
quick with it because there's only about 26 moves left to play.

If we're all created in the image of god then why aren't we all invisible?

(in reply to fogger)
Post #: 992
RE: Playtest of Pacific at War 3 25 14 - 5/16/2015 6:36:17 AM   
thomasharvey

It is turn 185 and the Soviets arrive in force on turn 189. I am adding more troops into Manchuria to get ready to hold. The Soviet forces will have 4 turns to attack and try to take some victory point cities in the area. I hope to hold them off. The allies will also receive two atomic bomb weapons for the B29s to drop.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 993
RE: Playtest of Pacific at War 3 25 14 - 5/18/2015 11:45:08 PM   
larryfulkerson

Sorry you guys.......I kinda fell short of the updating the AAR regularly there at the end. Thomas and I were sending a flury of emails
back and forth with our moves attached and whipped out the turns most ricky tic.

Short story: I was able to make some minor gains in Burma and got across the river into Thailand but Bangkok was in Jap hands at
the end. The front lines in China never did move after turn 50 or so for the length of the entire war even though I was hitting random
units with my CS once in a while to see what good it did. Not much it turns out. I ended up with ONE carrier and only because I with-
held it from harm's way. Thomas and I debated the AA kill level and the attrition divider and at the end of the day Thomas says
he's going to come out with a new version of the scenario with a map twice as big as this one and he's going to change the AA kill level
and the attrition divider to help the ships defend themselves better against the Bettys and Nells.

Thomas found the units necessary to invade and take most of Australia and moved his ships into positions where I couldn't reinforce
because of my lack of ships to protest. I ended up with a -316 / 500 score which was a miserable defeat.

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 5/19/2015 12:48:16 AM >

If we're all created in the image of god then why aren't we all invisible?

(in reply to thomasharvey)
Post #: 994
Page:   <<   < prev  30 31 32 33 [34]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> After Action Reports >> RE: Playtest of Pacific at War 3 25 14 Page: <<   < prev  30 31 32 33 [34]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI