Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to deal with AA (mainly with aircraft)?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> The War Room >> How to deal with AA (mainly with aircraft)? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to deal with AA (mainly with aircraft)? - 12/20/2014 2:32:29 AM   
kansleri

I have been playing Caribbean Crisis scenarios and in the Prelude Venezuelans have a BUK missile system sitting on the tip of peninsula that really ruins the day for my fighters and I have tried to blast it with cruise missile that couldn't lock. Next I tried to send rocket equipped Apaches from L800 "Rotterdam" and tried to approach behind terrain, as soon they went over last hill BUK splashed them.

In "Showdown" scenario I tried dispatching GBU equipped F-16:s flying low and fast to SSM position (with a couple more clearing the airway), but they got splashed by surrounding AA missile batteries. Maybe the task force can shoot down incoming vampires, maybe they can not, but I don't want to test/risk the amphibious force. So my question is: I have few Falcons with GBUs, how do I take out the air defense/SSM? No SEAD available, as far as I know it. Is there planes with jammers and I have missed it?

E: Any links on how AA is really dealth with?

< Message edited by kansleri -- 12/20/2014 3:33:37 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: How to deal with AA (mainly with aircraft)? - 12/20/2014 2:34:22 PM   
Pergite!

IIRC I stayed as far away from the Venezuelan mainland as possible. I also provoked the SAM:s to shoot at me from too far ranges, loitering on their maximum range and turn 180 and dive with full AB when a launch was detected. Besides creating a window to get a strike in while they reloaded, also depleted their availability of missiles. That BUK and together with the S300 constitutes a real challenge, and yes, you will suffer losses.

(in reply to kansleri)
Post #: 2
RE: How to deal with AA (mainly with aircraft)? - 12/21/2014 2:09:48 PM   
kansleri

Showdown scenario: So, I should send a few fighters to provoke AA and send bomb-equipped Falcons in force to take out the SSMs and accept some losses? I just hate being in charge of sending men to their deaths.

Prelude: The problem is that the Buk is in range of my airbase and I have no aircraft that are able to deal with it. Why is my frigate unable to blast AA site with a cruise missile?

OT: Even though graphically Command has only symbols on a map, conflicts get very intense in my mind.

(in reply to Pergite!)
Post #: 3
RE: How to deal with AA (mainly with aircraft)? - 12/21/2014 10:56:42 PM   
kansleri

Tasked 4 F-16 fighters to take out the SSM. Approach low and fast was successful until they rise to bomb release altitude and BUK locked, I lost 3 planes but got heavy damage on the BUK and SSM launcher was completely destroyed. So the amphibious operation by the task force is a go.

(in reply to kansleri)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> The War Room >> How to deal with AA (mainly with aircraft)? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI