Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod for DW:Universe

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod for DW:Universe Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 5/10/2015 7:46:11 AM   
Shadow43

I have this strange error and I am not sure what is going on, however I have a feeling I know what is causing this error, but not sure how to fix it.

When I start a new game and use the UFP Milky Way Galaxy Map, I get this error "This is not a valid Distant Worlds game file", then I get a Microsoft (dot)NET Framework error, after that game file error.

However if I load the tutorial or a custom game, there is no error and the seems to load file, which leads me to think it is something to do with the map.

I have Distant Worlds Universe Ver. 1.9.5.0
Does anyone have a fix for this problem?

< Message edited by Shadow43 -- 5/10/2015 8:43:23 AM >

(in reply to Tyranicus)
Post #: 271
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 5/10/2015 9:30:00 AM   
ravincravin

Sorry you're experiencing problems Shadow43.

First thing I'd try is to patch Distance Worlds Universe up to 1,9,5,10. If that doesn't solve your problem then I'm afraid you have a corrupt copy of Distance Worlds STPE Ver. 2 mod and you will need to download a fresh copy and reinstall it into your DW Customization folder.

Enjoy, live long and prosper.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Shadow43)
Post #: 272
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 5/21/2015 10:45:41 PM   
Malbek

Thanks for the excellent mod! I am enjoying it immensely. I had a question: the Federation start-up lacks any gas mining bases and the initial design is unbuildable. My first game I didn't notice this for a while and couldn't build any at that point as I lacked the resources, started a new game and re-designed the gas miner to be smaller, worked fine. Late game I've hit a crash that occurs consistently, the Klingons have blockaded Earth, I direct my fleet to attack them, and after a few seconds the game crashes. Could I have too many ships in one system, both my fleet and the Klingons have about 150+ ships combined at Earth and I have an insane amount of fighters present. I know this game is locked at 2GB ram and LAA patch doesn't seem to help so I'm thinking it might benefit the mod in more ways than one to make ships more expensive to build and maintain so the late game fleets of hundreds of ships is reduced to a more stable number.

(edit: I should add that the reason they could blockade earth in the first place is that my starbase there would not finish refitting with a LRS so they just snuck in an unwatched flank. Other bases of the exact same design refit successfully right away but the earth one did not, perhaps that has something to do with the crash)

< Message edited by Malbek -- 5/21/2015 11:48:35 PM >

(in reply to ravincravin)
Post #: 273
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 5/23/2015 12:36:07 AM   
ravincravin

Hi Malbek,

Sorry about the glitches.

No starting Gas Mining Base design: Yeah, the starting base exceeds the minimum base size. You did the right thing by modifying the design.

Constant Crash: Oops! that is beyond my expertise. I'll have to bump that to ehsumrell1 who is busy working on the mods new version. I'll bring it to his attention.

Base can't be refitted with Long Range Scanner: First, check the planet building queue. It may be stuck building something else which it doesn't have a commodity to finish. Delete that item and move the starbase refit up in the queue so it's next to be built. Second, if the planet is trying to do the refit than it might be out of a component for the Long Distance Scanner. You can check the planets inventory to see if it has all the components to build the scanner. If it doesn't, then you'll have to wait for a freighter to deliver the mission components.

Anyways, enjoy and live long & prosper.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ravincravin -- 5/23/2015 1:38:09 AM >

(in reply to Malbek)
Post #: 274
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 5/25/2015 6:01:10 AM   
perrisloquis

Hey Guys! Thank you very much for making such an amazing mod! I have a very quick question. I cannot for the life of me find Das's Chrome mod for Star Trek. Did he ever post it?

Post #: 275
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 5/25/2015 6:53:15 AM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: perrisloquis

Hey Guys! Thank you very much for making such an amazing mod! I have a very quick question. I cannot for the life of me find Das's Chrome mod for Star Trek. Did he ever post it?

Hello perrisloquis, and thank you for the kind words. Yes he did post it on Mediafire. Here is the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/265j6slhvn5opsv/Das_UI_for_Star_Trek_Picard_Era_2.0_Mod.zip

It should be completely compatible for Version 1.0. Not certain about Version 2.0. Just FYI. For any
questions or problems please PM Das123.

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to perrisloquis)
Post #: 276
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 5/25/2015 4:01:37 PM   
perrisloquis

Thank you so much! I can confirm that it's 100% compatible. Why don't you link to it in the original post? I'm sure people will be very happy to have the option to use it and be able to find it easily!

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 277
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 5/25/2015 7:05:01 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

Thank you so much! I can confirm that it's 100% compatible. Why don't you link to it in the original post? I'm sure people will be very happy to have the option to use it and be able to find it easily!

It is Darren's (Das123) proprietary mod and we respect that. Being so, it is up to him as to how and
where it is posted, updated, revised, etc. I don't like broken links to mods, so this way (meaning
just mentioning the mod exists) I don't have to keep updating my original post concerning his if either
he updates his mod or I change/update ours, thus affecting his. Also, his mod is an accessory to, not
a part of, our original mod. He does have his own thread containing his numerous DW Chrome UI mods and
may have added this one.

Post #: 278
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 5/26/2015 12:23:55 AM   
perrisloquis

Ok! I got permission from Das to post his Chrome mod for Star Trek in the forums. I'm thinking about making a visual overhaul package including GEM and Sirian modules, but making sure is 100% compatible with DW:Universe and posting it in a different thread. I wanted to ask you. Did you guys change any of the vanilla modules? Would you be willing to copy a link to the visual overhaul thread in your original post?

< Message edited by perrisloquis -- 5/26/2015 1:28:27 AM >

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 279
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 5/26/2015 1:23:07 AM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

...I wanted to ask you. Did you guys change any of the vanilla modules? Would you be willing to copy a link to the visual overhaul thread in your original post?

You can look into our mods' images/ui/chrome folder to compare against Vanilla and see what we changed.
If your mod relates to our Picard Era mod(s), I have no problem mentioning a link to it.

Post #: 280
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 5/30/2015 1:00:21 AM   
perrisloquis

Hey guys. I'm almost done with the visual overhaul mod and I wanted to ask you a couple of questions.

1. I'm also doing a visual overhaul mod for vanilla and extended and you have some ship families that are very beautiful and don't seem to be star trek canon. I was wondering if I could use them to substitute some of the vanilla's ugliest families. The families I would like to use are:

Family 1
Family 2
Family 11

2. Also, you are using in the mod some families that are poor in quality and I wanted to replace them with something nicer. However, I'm not sure if they are star trek canon and I wanted your opinion. The families I would like to replace with my overhaul are:

Family 5
Family 19
Family 28
Family 29

thanks in advance

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 281
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 5/30/2015 7:12:55 AM   
ehsumrell1

Sent you a PM to your inbox in response to your request.

Post #: 282
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 5/30/2015 11:07:05 AM   
Japhet

If you are looking for good ship images, then you should take a look at these two galleries. You can find a lot of good Star Trek stuff there.

http://admiral-horton.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=0
http://unusualsuspex.deviantart.com/gallery/

Also, I think I have some Cardassian and Borg ships somewhere on my hard drive.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 283
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 5/31/2015 8:15:35 AM   
perrisloquis

Thank you so much Japhet. I will take a look at them!

(in reply to Japhet)
Post #: 284
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 5/31/2015 8:22:35 AM   
perrisloquis

ehsumrell, I sent you a couple of PMs, but they don't appear in my sent folder. I just wanted to make sure you got them. In the meantime, I have created the thread with the mod I told you about. If you didn't get my PMs, please check it out there and tell me if it meets your standards.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 285
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 6/1/2015 2:42:01 AM   
cgallop

Hi, thanks for the amazing mod!

A couple quick questions. Is this version of the mod likely to have any significant issues with version 1.9.5.12? I'd revert to 1.9.5.10, but that doesn't appear to be an option in Steam. Just wondering if it's worth waiting for the mod to be updated to be fully compatible with the new version of the game?

Secondly, a minor quality of life issue: the Federation doesn't appear to start with a troop transport design, could that be looked at for the next version of the mod? I'll muddle around and design my own, but as a newb I'd rather have a template design to tweak to make sure I'm not missing any important components.

Thanks for your time, really liking the Star Trek atmosphere of what I've seen of the mod so far.

Post #: 286
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 6/1/2015 3:46:11 AM   
ehsumrell1

Hello cgallop, thank you for your kind words and welcome to the DW forums!

Our Picard Era mods are compatible with the latest DW updates from 1.9.5.10 through
the current 1.9.5.12. Although, as with all updates, I suggest that you begin a new game
to make certain that all of the newest bug fixes, enhancements, etcetera will apply.

Concerning troop transport designs, that is left up to the player for certain races. Since
my goal for the mod was to make it adaptable to all of the DW game playstyles, it is up
to you to design your troop transport. Some players like them armed and some unarmed. Some
specific aggressive warrior races, Klingon for example, have their troop transports armed.
In addition, a previous patch enabled planetary bases to better target armed transports with
both their weapons and tractor beams, which made invasions more difficult. So to be fair to
all, again, that was left up to the player.

There is going to be one final update of the mod soon to version 2.5. It will incorporate an
expected upcoming final DW:Universe update, one other additional race and a new UFP galaxy map.
Once that's released, then we will work on completing out Kirk Era version 1.0 mod.

(in reply to cgallop)
Post #: 287
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 6/3/2015 6:49:00 PM   
fruitgnome

I play V2 and the scenario. Will there come the shakturi? I'm in the year 2577. If you don't want to spoiler pls pm me.

Edit: And it annoys me that I can't get the better long range scanner because of the Federation are not allowed to research stealth technology. I know why I'm not alllowed to research it but I want to research more effective long range scanner.

Could you pls hotfix this or is this wanted? Then could you pls tell me how to mod it if it's done easily?!

< Message edited by fruitgnome -- 6/3/2015 7:53:12 PM >

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 288
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 6/3/2015 7:58:48 PM   
DrWolfsherz

quote:

then we will work on completing out Kirk Era version 1.0 mod.

Big hooraaaay :)

Can't wait for this to be finished.

(in reply to fruitgnome)
Post #: 289
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 6/4/2015 10:29:50 AM   
ravincravin

Hi Wolfsherz,

For you viewing pleasure, here is a screenshot of the Star Trek-Kirk Era Mod. This shows a Federation resupply ship deploying on the gas giant Suyox while a federation destroyer patrols its current charge, a gas mining base.

Yes, this monster (the Star Trek-Kirk Era Mods) is alive and playable at its current stage. This screenshot is from a saved game of General Patton (a member of the Trek Team) who is currently game testing the mod.

This is a teaser provided by ravincravin, also a member of the Trek Team.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ravincravin -- 6/4/2015 11:33:52 AM >

(in reply to DrWolfsherz)
Post #: 290
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 6/5/2015 6:36:03 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: fruitgnome

I play V2 and the scenario. Will there come the shakturi? I'm in the year 2577. If you don't want to spoiler pls pm me.

Edit: And it annoys me that I can't get the better long range scanner because of the Federation are not allowed to research stealth technology. I know why I'm not alllowed to research it but I want to research more effective long range scanner.

Could you pls hotfix this or is this wanted? Then could you pls tell me how to mod it if it's done easily?!

Hello fruitgnome;

The Shakturi is not in the UFP scenario since the scenario is mainly planned to please (mostly) the
Trekkies who want a more 'canon' experience. Thus the Shakturi and Ancient Guardians are not included,
even though the game has the Shakturi storyline (as discovered by specific ruins) active since it is
hardcoded that way.

I understand your view (and have heard a few others complain) about the way I have the scanner tech line altered concerning the Federation. The reason I've done so (which you stated you knew why) is to basically keep a representation that the Romulans and the Klingons have cloaking technology. Since the
original Stealth component cannot be used to represent 'cloaking', and we can't add a 'new' component,
my logic was to limit the Federation's ability at a certain point mid-game to scan incoming enemy ships
and fleets to an extent. Basically, I punted. To me at least, and most of my Trek Team, it seemed the best way to do it.

If I can make time between the demands of life, business, and the work on our Kirk Era mod, I'll look into possibly re-branching the scanner tech line if it doesn't take too much and include it in our
upcoming Version 2.5 upgrade. But no promises.

(in reply to fruitgnome)
Post #: 291
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 6/5/2015 8:43:10 PM   
DrWolfsherz

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravincravin

Hi Wolfsherz,

For you viewing pleasure, here is a screenshot of the Star Trek-Kirk Era Mod. This shows a Federation resupply ship deploying on the gas giant Suyox while a federation destroyer patrols its current charge, a gas mining base.

Yes, this monster (the Star Trek-Kirk Era Mods) is alive and playable at its current stage. This screenshot is from a saved game of General Patton (a member of the Trek Team) who is currently game testing the mod.

This is a teaser provided by ravincravin, also a member of the Trek Team.

Hm, there is a galaxy-class Starship in that screenshot. This is a placeholder i suppose? ;)

Post #: 292
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 6/6/2015 2:41:26 AM   
ehsumrell1

The ships you see in the screenshot are just being used for testing Wolfsherz. The release
versions shipset will be from the Kirk Era time-sphere.

Post #: 293
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 6/6/2015 3:35:50 AM   
mordachai

Looking great!

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 294
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 6/8/2015 10:26:04 PM   
Mysterie

The Star Trek mod is great! ... all of that in German language would be awesome ;)

(in reply to Shadow43)
Post #: 295
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 6/10/2015 4:15:13 AM   
perrisloquis

ehsumrell1. I'm finally able to post links. Check the visual overhaul here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3870395&mpage=1&key=�

If it matches your standards do place a link to it! Thanks for the awesome star trek mod!

(in reply to Mysterie)
Post #: 296
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 6/12/2015 12:39:47 PM   
ravincravin

quote:

Wolfsherz Hm, there is a galaxy-class Starship in that screenshot. This is a placeholder i suppose? ;)

Yeah Wolfsherz, thanks to our fearless leader, ehsumrell1, we have a new Federation shipset which should conform to Star Trek, the original series. In the screen shot below, you can see my redesign of a Resupply Ship , the "Exxon Val'OhNoPleaz", deploying at a Gas Giant planet containing a UFP Gas Mining Base. Notice the 5 docking bays with navigation markings on the resupply ship. I trust you will give us a little leeway in imparting some personality to the mod.

Guarding the Gas Mining Base is a fleet containing a Capital Ship, Cruiser and Destroying. These are examples of ehsumrell1's finely crafted shipset.

Again, this teaser brought to you by ravincravin, a member of the trek team.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 297
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 6/13/2015 1:13:33 PM   
kbobbato

Excellent mod Ehsumrell1...and all the people that have helped in the past and present...I am a programmer and have been watching the forums for a long time...if you need any help with any other star trek mods let me know..I always have believed you can never have too much help...

Post #: 298
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 6/18/2015 1:28:24 PM   
Boltzmann

Hello. Great Mod. I have a crash though when playing a custom game.

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.SelectSuitableGovernment(Race race, Int32 excludeId, List`1 allowableGovernmentTypes)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.HaveRevolution(Race dominantRace, Int32 governmentId, Double damageFactor)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.HaveRevolution(Race dominantRace)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.CompleteIntelligenceMission(IntelligenceMission mission)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.PerformIntelligenceMissions()
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.DoTasks()
at DistantWorlds.Main.fiDBhMBQ39FXETh9G2V(Object )
at DistantWorlds.Main.TlY1Pnpgeb(Object )

< Message edited by Boltzmann -- 6/18/2015 3:09:03 PM >

(in reply to kbobbato)
Post #: 299
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 7/13/2015 11:56:51 AM   
Mandor

Hello,

I have the same problem as Coriolanos in page 2.

If I try to run the mod in classical era or in a custom game, it's ok. I have the new races, icons etc, but if I try to run the scenario by selecting the map, I have an error and I'm blocked.

A dialog box appears and says : "This is not a valid Distant Worlds game file".

Some information :
- My config : Windows 7
- Setting of Windows : Windows is installed in French but ...
- Setting of DW : ... But I play DW in English (no French patch or anything like this)
- Setting of DW : And DW is installed not on my "C" but on another partition. I always install my games on "D" or on an external HD.
- I tried the Star Wars mod, which propose a scenario the same way, and the map is ok

This last point is not a critic, I mention it just in case it could help.

By the way, I can post the detail of the error of the dialog box if it can help.

I like the new races etc, but of course, I would like to play the scenario with the designed map.

May you help me ? :)

< Message edited by Mandor -- 7/13/2015 1:14:24 PM >

(in reply to Hunter20nov)
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod for DW:Universe Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI