Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod for DW:Universe

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod for DW:Universe Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 4/12/2019 1:58:50 PM   
Data

That's the Son'a stretching mechanic at work right there.
Either that or you're compensating for something

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 391
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 4/13/2019 4:28:33 AM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Data

That's the Son'a stretching mechanic at work right there.
Either that or you're compensating for something

Damn....Where'd my Ale go? IT WAS RIGHT HERE!!!

DATAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 392
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 5/9/2019 3:49:42 PM   
FFCecil

I love playing this mod but lately some issues been bugging me. For some reason some races randomly will never equip warp drives the entire game but crank out hundred and hundreds of ships that just sit in there starting system. I've conquered some races and ended up with 800+ ships of all kinds including all military but none of them will have warp drives. I always start my games in prewarp. I thought it was just independants that became full fledged playable AI race but this last game the Romulans had thousands of ships with no warp drive even though they had a few different star systems and for some reason there economy was 3 times that of all the other economies put together. I had 29 races at start. They had +50% of galactic economy in the victory conditions and the game had just started practically.

One more issue is the Quantum Torpedo will never get picked over the basic torpedo when I do auto upgrade design. So every time I upgrade my designs with that button I have to manually remove them and re add my quantum torpedos. Also and more importantly doesn't this mean the AI will never equip quantum torpedo's on there ships? I even made them slightly better to see if they would get equipped but they still didn't. What governs what component gets added by the AI? I'd like to fix this so the AI can get some good torpedo's. The templates only list torpedo's so I'm guess the calculation for quantum torpedo's makes it seem lower dmg than basic torpedo's still. I'm gonna test it with extreme dmg value's for quantum and see what happens.

(Edit: Ahh. I see it's the bombard dmg of quantum torpedo's that causes it to be replaced by the basic spatial torpedo no matter how far tech'd quantum is even up to it's top dmg of 67). Does this mean no AI's are using quantum torpedo's though or is there special programming for bombard races that makes it pick it?)

Another issue I was able to fix was for some reason the Advanced Fleet Countermeasures and Advanced Fleet Targeting techs ended up wiping out the bonuses altogether for those components. They both would say 0% after those tech were researched. You can actually see the 0% bonus just finding those techs in the research screen.

I got them back there original intended 35% bonus by going into research.txt and changing the 0 after the first 35 to 35. It seems the #'s 35 and 0 were reversed. Advanced Fleet Countermeasures needs to be 90, 5, 0, 35 and Advanced Fleet Targeting 89, 5, 0, 35.

I'm not sure how Economy is calculated for Victory condition. I can never get past 2 - 7% in that victory condition out of 25%. I played as Borg this last time and had 350+ million cash with the build button wanting me to build 2000+ ships at a time and yet the Romulan's which had like 5 colonies the entire game had +50% economy rating from start. I made sure to make all 29 races to prewarp everything for every race in starting game screen.

Sorry for long post but this is only mod I play for DW. It might as well be a Star Trek game cause I never play the original. I just love being in the trek universe with all the characters from tv shows.

Thanks for the fix for transports I never noticed that some races weren't building transports and I've played like 30+ games.

< Message edited by FFCecil -- 5/14/2019 7:33:44 AM >

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 393
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 5/23/2020 5:23:12 AM   
readme22

what a shame, the link is broken

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 394
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 5/26/2020 11:36:38 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: readme22

what a shame, the link is broken

@readme22, I just clicked the mediafire link and it still works for me. Gave me the choice box to download and it is downloading. Try clicking the link again and if the download page doesn't show, try refreshing your browser. Let me know here if that doesn't work.

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to readme22)
Post #: 395
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 5/27/2020 2:19:51 AM   
readme22

yeah theres nothing wrong with the link i came back to edit my post to post the crash log i got that another person was getting earlier in this thread but i cant post links or messages that look like links so i gave up

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 396
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 4/6/2021 2:48:34 AM   
arvcran2

Any chance this MOD is compatible with DW:U 1.9.5.12?

Apparently yes -> As per this post

< Message edited by arvcran2 -- 4/6/2021 2:58:19 AM >

(in reply to readme22)
Post #: 397
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 12/19/2021 8:51:11 PM   
Neyalaia

I know this is late but does anyone know the editor password for playing in the provided base setting instead of starting a custom game?

(in reply to arvcran2)
Post #: 398
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 12/20/2021 12:30:28 AM   
btd64

What password?....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to Neyalaia)
Post #: 399
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 12/20/2021 5:33:47 AM   
Neyalaia

I don't know, every time I try to open the editor from the map provided by the mod it wants a password, you know after I load into it from selecting one of the pre-selectable races. And I can't find out what it is.

< Message edited by Neyalaia -- 12/20/2021 5:35:06 AM >

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 400
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 12/20/2021 10:17:05 AM   
btd64

That could be because of copyright issues with the images. Ed had to get permission to use the ship images....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to Neyalaia)
Post #: 401
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod for DW:Universe Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI