Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Plan Greenski, 1938

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> Plan Greenski, 1938 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Plan Greenski, 1938 - 2/4/2015 10:56:28 PM   
T-28A

Guys,

I'm going to resurrect and finish some of my design works from early- and mid-2000s, but I'd like to know first if there's at least 2-3 people actually interested to play such a sce when/if it's done :)

Is anyone interested in the alt history scenario, with Poland+Czechs (with maybe some limited French help) are trying to fight off Germany (i.e. good old Fall Gruen), when Soviet Union suddenly attacks Poland, too? Baltics, Romania and may be Finland/Hungary could optionally be involved as well (as a part anti-Soviet block, of course).

6 km/h, full-day, regiment-battalion level, 100+ turns, pretty massive (especially if Soviets come into play) and probably best for 2x2 (Germany+Soviet vs Poland+Czechs). Map covers Czechoslovakia, Poland, Romania, eastern Germany and of course Baltics + western USSR. I also plan to have a variety of player options (simulating diplomatic decisions) to control the scale and involvement, so that, f.ex., if you don't want the Bear to appear at all, you can cancel Soviet activation and limit the game to Czechs+Poles vs Germany only. And, vice versa, Romania/Baltics may enter the war only if players want some really massive and wide-scale "WW2".

Best regards

RE: Plan Greenski, 1938 - 2/5/2015 10:11:43 AM   
shunwick

There will always be people interested in playing this. Personally, I love alternate history scenarios.

Best wishes,
Steve

I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...

(in reply to T-28A)
Post #: 2
RE: Plan Greenski, 1938 - 2/6/2015 8:10:57 AM   
FrankieITA

Surely interested,go and get some work done on that scenario and I'll be glad to playtest it.

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 3
RE: Plan Greenski, 1938 - 9/17/2015 10:57:44 PM   
Maciek

Great idea! Our team (CSTO - scenarios Polish-Soviet War 1920 & Poland 1939) thought about creating something similar but we decided to quit it (temporaly ). We are perfectionists and were afraid of missing some data (eg. Romanian OOB 1938 - there was a military treaty in case of Soviet attack - 21 infantry divisions 2 cavalry both sides - which Romanian? Nobody knows...
Polish & Czechoslovakian OOB researched quite well - if You need help - just drop a line...

Btw - You're from Ukraine - do You know that it was a plan of creating Ukrainian units allied with Polish Army in case of eg. Ukrainian rising in time of Holodomor or Soviet attack on Poland - 4 inf. divisions, cavalry unit and armoured unit (with FT-17 tanks)
Pavlo Shandruk & Marko Bezruczko were considered as commanders
See here (in Polish):
http://web.archive.org/web/20130723064937/http://exlibris.org.ua/potocki/index.html

< Message edited by Maciek -- 9/18/2015 1:01:51 AM >

(in reply to FrankieITA)
Post #: 4
RE: Plan Greenski, 1938 - 9/18/2015 12:03:12 AM   
T-28A

quote:

ORIGINAL: Maciek
Great idea! Our team (CSTO - scenarios Polish-Soviet War 1920 & Poland 1939) thought about creating something similar but we decided to quit it (temporaly ). We are perfectionist and were afraid of missing some data (eg. Romanian OOB 1938 - there was a military treaty in case of Soviet attack - 21 infantry divisions 2 cavalry both sides - which Romanian? Nobody knows...
Polish & Czechoslovakian OOB researched quite well - if You need help - just drop a line...

Hi Maciek,
I know you guys and I was playing your scenarios since 2000s (aside of stuff like Polish-Soviet 1920 and Fall Weiss there are also notable solo projects like Piotrkow by Bartek etc). Actually, your works were always among the "top-25 TOAW scenarios of all times" kind for me.

I'm yet in the process of collecting data in my free time. FYI I do have "Kresy w Czerwieni" by Czeslaw Grzelak which is, to my knowledge, is the most comprehensive study (from the Polish perspective) on the potential - and actual - Soviet-Polish confrontation in 38-39. Also I'm currently cooperating with a research colleague of mine, who works in Russian RGVA and TsAMO archives, trying to get as much statistical (numbers, locations and OoB) data about RKKA specifically in 1938 as possible.

As you could imagine, the tension, mobilisation and buildup (deployment) of troops (closely connected with the general strategy of opponents) would play a major role in a conflict like this (with Poland, Romania, Baltic states, Finland and Germany potentially involved, and so with as many as 5 potential theaters), so I'm keen about depicting the strategical level from opposing General Staffs' perspective, with all the things included like few turns of pre-war period with a lot of political and strategical Theater Options, with mobilizing and rail-transporting your troops, building up your theaters depending of your general strategy etc.

As a final note, I think that I might be actually aware of your efforts made some time ago in this direction. A friend of mine - Kiev historian Eugen Pinak - told me about a group of Polish TOAW developers and milhist fans that were developing this kind of scenario, without mentioning CSTO specifically, but I'm 99% sure that were you guys. And I think it would really make sense to start cooperating at some point (when I'll have enough research and preliminary work done to share something). Especially that we seem to get TOAW4 (fingers crossed) at some point, so the work and time won't be wasted and hopefully could be migrated to the new platform.

Cheers,
Pavel

(in reply to Maciek)
Post #: 5
RE: Plan Greenski, 1938 - 9/18/2015 12:23:59 AM   
Maciek

Yes it were us
About Polish plans of defence against Soviets You need:
Rajmund Szubański - Plan operacyjny „Wschód”, Wydawnictwo ZP, Warszawa 2010. ISBN 978-83-61529-89-7
Send me a message with Your address on PW so I think I can help

(in reply to T-28A)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> Plan Greenski, 1938 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI