Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Guadalcanal scenario, stock + rematch with switched sides

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Guadalcanal scenario, stock + rematch with switched sides Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Guadalcanal scenario, stock + rematch with switched sides - 2/17/2015 9:24:21 PM   
Honda2

Hi guys,

Honda here. My password evaporated from my memory so I created a new account.
After all these years of abstinence, it's time to sink some ships. At first I entertained a thaught to start another grand campaign, but the pilot bug kept me from doing that. So I started modifying a '43 scenario to make it less onesided, but that sort of died out. Then it hit me, why not try a shorter scenario? So here I am now.
To cut the long story short, I'm looking for an experienced player for a long haul. The idea is to play the six month Guadalcanal scenario and then to switch sides in a rematch. In the end we can add our respective scores and see who won :)
House rules should be negotiated to eliminate extreme gameyness and add realism.
I will check the forum weekly to see if anyone is interested (or alive).

In the meantime, good hunting to all!

Honda
Post #: 1
RE: Guadalcanal scenario, stock + rematch with switched... - 3/3/2015 8:27:07 PM   
Honda2

Bump

(in reply to Honda2)
Post #: 2
RE: Guadalcanal scenario, stock + rematch with switched... - 4/6/2015 9:22:02 AM   
Honda2

Still looking...

(in reply to Honda2)
Post #: 3
RE: Guadalcanal scenario, stock + rematch with switched... - 4/6/2015 11:44:19 AM   
tocaff

As you've guessed the WITP forum is pretty dead. Good luck.

Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768

(in reply to Honda2)
Post #: 4
RE: Guadalcanal scenario, stock + rematch with switched... - 4/6/2015 8:22:37 PM   
Honda2

Dee eh dee - dead, ha? I figured as much, but still... Short scenario should have been pbem plausible. In my mind at least.

(in reply to tocaff)
Post #: 5
RE: Guadalcanal scenario, stock + rematch with switched... - 4/21/2015 10:08:24 PM   
Honda2

And the first challenger is...

(in reply to Honda2)
Post #: 6
RE: Guadalcanal scenario, stock + rematch with switched... - 5/7/2015 11:32:47 AM   
ndworl

Not dead. Just resting.

I actually think there's quite a few folk who watch this space and think it will go on forever. Guys, it won't.

Combine a small, dedicated band of players and a LOOOOOOONG game and it's hard to get a new gig. I am in two games at the moment and am happily looking forward to future ones, but can't commit to another game at present.

(in reply to Honda2)
Post #: 7
RE: Guadalcanal scenario, stock + rematch with switched... - 12/5/2015 8:40:14 PM   
Honda

Seeing that it's been nine and a half months since I posted the challenge I must say it successfully gestated and now I have a perfect healthy baby-frustration. I can't believe there's nobody out there willing to take on a double-short scenario game. /rant off/

(in reply to ndworl)
Post #: 8
RE: Guadalcanal scenario, stock + rematch with switched... - 12/9/2015 7:57:56 AM   
ndworl

Hi Honda
Yes, you're right. It's a sorry state of affairs. I'll take you on. I have never been successful in sending PMs or e-mails through Matrix, so can you send me either and we'll take it from there.
Cheers

(in reply to Honda)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Guadalcanal scenario, stock + rematch with switched sides Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI