Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

economic phase questions please help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> economic phase questions please help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
economic phase questions please help - 2/28/2015 1:39:17 AM   
Agathosdaimon

Hi - i have looked through in game help but cannot find info on these:

how do i place upcoming artillery - there are no counters for artillery in the pool and when i try to do this in the rein phase, to add the artillery to an existing counter there is no way to do so.

also i am just hitting the end turn and i get the message - counter may need to be placed for 4i, 1c - i purchased a counter but i cant place it in this phase, so does this mean, i can only place counters i bought in a previous phase? if so, i wish the game could make it a little clearer as to when it may be ideal to buy factors or counters
Post #: 1
RE: economic phase questions please help - 2/28/2015 6:39:57 AM   
Tylom

Only France and Russia can buy Artillery. They each have one artillery corp. This represent the structure of massed arty that only they used at the time.
If you are playing those two nations...you buy the factors in econ. You also buy the corp in econ(though you can wait til the next one as they have a longer than 3 months build time). In fact, you must buy it the next econ phase as corp purchase does not carry over. Once the corp is built you will reinforce it as normal with arty factors bought. I don't know your exact problem, but maybe you bought the corp when you bought your first arty factors and did not buy it the econ before they were in your rein pool.
The game will ask you if you want to build a corp any time it thinks you bought a bunch of troops. It will ask even if you have no corps left. It's just nagging you. Think of it as a reminder that you may want to look at new corps but feel free to ignore it.

(in reply to Agathosdaimon)
Post #: 2
RE: economic phase questions please help - 2/28/2015 6:47:15 AM   
Tylom

And yes...when you buy a new corp chit...it can be placed the next month in rein phase. You can place it in any of your home cities or wherever you have a supplied depot. If you have no factors to add to it, it will disappear(with some bitching from the game)at the end of the rein phase.A new corp chit last until the next econ phase(3 months) at which time it is lost and must be bought again.
Hope this helps and if you have other questions, please feel free to drop me a message. I have played a lot of this game and for better or worse I know it fairly well. EiA is the greatest Board game ever made..and Marshal has done a great job of making it playable on computer. It's certainly not perfect...but it's a very complex game and he's done a pretty darn good job. And who knows, one day it might actually work perfectly:)

(in reply to Tylom)
Post #: 3
RE: economic phase questions please help - 3/1/2015 1:21:36 AM   
Agathosdaimon

thanks thats some helpful advice - i am playing as russia, though there is no artillery counter in the pool. maybe i have it on the map somewhere already in use?

i have bought some artillery in a previous econ phase i think and now that its upcoming i cant see where i will actually be able to place it - i had made this mistake before and lost my purchase so ie wasted money, so i dont want to have it happen again - i guess at the least i can convert it to infantry

(in reply to Tylom)
Post #: 4
RE: economic phase questions please help - 3/1/2015 12:55:54 PM   
pzgndr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Agathosdaimon
there is no artillery counter in the pool. maybe i have it on the map somewhere already in use?

If you click your country name on the top menu bar and pull up the status window, your Upcoming Reinforcements are at the lower left. You can look ahead to see what's arriving. You probably bought the artillery corps and it hasn't yet arrived.

This is one of the game features new players need to get used to - buying and placing cavalry, guards and artillery. There's the time delay between economic phases, the need to delay buying the corps counter until the following economic phase so you don't waste it and have it available when you need it, and then remembering to have your corps in position to place these special reinforcements or you revert them to regular infantry. It's easy to forget one or more, or all, of these little details and occasionally say bad words...

(in reply to Agathosdaimon)
Post #: 5
RE: economic phase questions please help - 3/2/2015 9:39:43 AM   
Agathosdaimon

thanks pzgndr also

unfortunately it seems that in the version i am multiplaying there are possibly no artillery counters available, though the game still let me buy arty factors, which will be wasted really, well i will just turn them into infantry - maybe the counters will appear later? currently the game is only at 1800

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> economic phase questions please help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI