Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Minor improvement suggested, opinions please

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Minor improvement suggested, opinions please Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Minor improvement suggested, opinions please - 3/12/2015 8:24:36 AM   
Tigrizzli

Hello playing for a long time mostly against AI (but it would be even more important in a PBEM) I think that one little improvement on the UI could be great and a time saving one, but I would like to know before if you have the same "problem" or if I am doing something wrong: wouldn't it be an improvement if we can choose on the ground unit screen to "forget" some units (with checking something like DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ON THIS UNIT) I'm mostly thinking of the replacement/upgrade thing because as I forget sometimes to check the incoming units for several turns and then when I want to check why one unit is on NO replacement (my current default option), I have to verify every units like withdrawing, beaten, restricted ones that I don't want to, before finding the arriving ones. Same thing when I want to manage the replacement/upgrade rate Vs the pool level, there's a lot of units that I will never refuse them replacement or upgrades, that would be a great way to have a considerabily shorter land units list!
We could see then ALL UNITS or only the ones we want to be able to change sooner or later, replacements and upgrades autorisations.
And Yes I know I could note the arriving ones each turn but playing for the moment the americans against the AI, it is not really important.

Sorry for my english, Hope this is clear enough, I know I don't practice it enough too! ;)

Post #: 1
RE: Minor improvement suggested, opinions please - 3/12/2015 8:37:19 AM   
wdolson

This ma not do everything you want, but you can click on the list for all ground units from the top bar, then set your filters for certain nationalities or certain unit types. Once the filter is set the way you want, you can then click to turn on replacements and/or upgrades for all units on the list from the controls on the bottom. I turn on upgrades and replacements for most nationalities' engineering units this way early in the game, then go back and do it again from time to time to enable it for new units. It isn't perfect, but it gets about 80% of the job done for me.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to Tigrizzli)
Post #: 2
RE: Minor improvement suggested, opinions please - 3/12/2015 9:52:29 AM   
Tigrizzli

Thanks, I know that but I was on the 20% part! ;) it's not an issue, just a very minor improvement but maybe too a minor job to add to the interface. But my talent in programmation is limited to the old BASIC of my C64 so I really can't tell if it worth the effort or if enough other players expect such a new button.

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Minor improvement suggested, opinions please Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI