Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Hoorah! Commander: The Great War is Updated!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> RE: Hoorah! Commander: The Great War is Updated! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Hoorah! Commander: The Great War is Updated! - 3/16/2015 5:41:04 PM   
IainMcNeil

The Lordz have him listed in their credits, which are company set of credits not a game specific set. He is their technical director, but Armageddon is programmed by Flashback Games and the Lordz created the media for the project (Art, Sounds, music etc) so Szymon is not involved at all :)

We do the same thing as working out who did what for which game becomes very difficult and deciding if someone did enough for a credit is very subjective so to avoid upsetting anyone we include the company set of credits everywhere. This does mean you sometimes get people credited who didn't do anything on that specific game but its the only way to make sure you don't miss someone! :)

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 31
RE: Hoorah! Commander: The Great War is Updated! - 3/16/2015 6:13:24 PM   
kirk23

Ahh Ok ! I have emailed Tim & Szymon just waiting for a reply, I'm really just trying to find out whats happening with the new patch..

Make it so!

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 32
RE: Hoorah! Commander: The Great War is Updated! - 3/16/2015 7:22:49 PM   
kirk23

I have received a reply from Szymon, and we have had good communication, so relax folks we are back on stream in a good way, the futures looking great for CTGW.

Make it so!

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 33
RE: Hoorah! Commander: The Great War is Updated! - 3/16/2015 9:27:57 PM   
operating

EXCELLENT !

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 34
RE: Hoorah! Commander: The Great War is Updated! - 3/27/2015 4:51:24 AM   
jlub

So, for anybody who is interested, they really seemed to have screwed up cross-platform multiplayer with this update. I had a game where I was playing on my PC and my opponent was playing on his iPad, we'd been playing for months with no problem. Then the update comes, and the game reports to both of us that it is the other player's turn.

I report this to tech support, after several days, they roll back the game to the previous turn, which is my turn. So I take my turn again. The iPad player loads up the turn, it replays my moves, then crashes. Every time.

I report THAT to tech support, and after a couple more days, they point me to the hot fix; but of course I can install it, but my opponent can't. They roll back my game, I apply the hotfix and take my turn for the third time. No change: after the iPad replays my moves, it crashes.

At this point, my opponent is too frustrated to try anything else; and besides, until a patch gets through the app store, probably nothing is going to change.

In the meantime, I start a new game as the CP. He joins the game, I take my first turn. He replays my turn, no problem: Then, instead of giving him control of the Serbians, it gives him control of the Austrians; except he can't move the pieces I've already moved -- it's like he's continuing my turn.

All in all, not worth an undo button. It's a shame, too, there aren't any other wargames of this level of detail and complexity (i.e. enough, but not too much) which are cross-platform playable. Well, now there aren't any. Oh well.

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 35
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> RE: Hoorah! Commander: The Great War is Updated! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI