Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 11/16/2015 10:55:04 PM   
sfatula

quote:

ORIGINAL: hbrsvl

Hi-I'm coming back after a long hiatus. I note the new DL-v'''24- Tried to DL it, no joy. Please, is there a link so I can D L?
Many thanks, Hugh Browne

Did you run the Check for Update off the WITP main menu? It's the official update, V24.

(in reply to hbrsvl)
Post #: 91
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/4/2016 7:34:13 PM   
Sun Tempest

WTIP remains an outstanding game, but starts showing its age....I'm wondering if a remake is in works, one that could be a little more intuitive, with a better AI and an improved automatization system?

(in reply to sfatula)
Post #: 92
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/4/2016 8:44:46 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sun Tempest

WTIP remains an outstanding game, but starts showing its age....I'm wondering if a remake is in works, one that could be a little more intuitive, with a better AI and an improved automatization system?

Alfred has pointed out that the game engine itself would have to be completely re-written to squeeze any more features out of it. This game has a loyal following but I am not sure market research would show enough users interested in buying a WWII naval wargame to cover the cost of development. Maybe if there were some real zombies involved ...

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Sun Tempest)
Post #: 93
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/4/2016 8:58:05 PM   
Leandros

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

Alfred has pointed out that the game engine itself would have to be completely re-written to squeeze any more
features out of it. This game has a loyal following but I am not sure market research would show enough users
interested in buying a WWII naval wargame to cover the cost of development. Maybe if there were some real zombies
involved ...

I'm afraid you're correct in this.....

Fred

River Wide, Ocean Deep - a book on Operation Sea Lion - www.fredleander.com
Saving MacArthur - a book series on how The Philippines were saved - in 1942! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D34QCWQ/?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&ref=series_rw_dp_labf

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 94
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/12/2016 12:02:39 PM   
Sun Tempest

Thank you for the answers :)

As I don't have the time to play PBEM, what I miss the most is an challenging AI. Are there any mods that significantly improve the AI, especially allies side?

Thanks

(in reply to Leandros)
Post #: 95
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/12/2016 1:13:21 PM   
btd64

Look in the design and modding part of this forum. Andy is reworking the AI....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to Sun Tempest)
Post #: 96
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI