Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Overall

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Overall Page: <<   < prev  19 20 21 22 [23]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Overall - 11/14/2015 3:28:15 PM   
John 3rd

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

Here is a screenshot of the Victory Point page.

The war in the air has totally gone the Allies way. Have to admit that Michael choosing NOT to fight at all in the air for the first six months was great boon to him. He rested and trained his pilots to a point they were in pretty good shape once the air war really began. Additionally, using the Allied plane early purchase system within our Mods, he has brought forward several large groups of superior airframes: read--P-38s! They have raised Hold HELL over Burma.

The situation at sea has been much more in Japan's favor. Here is the tally of lost Japanese and Allied major warships:

Japan: BB Hyuga, 2 CA, 1 new CL, 3 old CL, 22 DDs (10 of them the old Minekaze Class), and 10 SS.
Allies: CV's Yorktown, Illustrious, and Formidable, 4 CVL/CAV/CLV, 9 BB, 1 BC, 2 CA, 10 CL, 35 DD, and 18 SS.

Here is the screenshot:

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 661
The Game ROLLS on... - 11/17/2015 3:59:29 PM   
John 3rd

October 1942.

I questioned my gut instinct with Michael invading the Margueses over the last two weeks but have decided to follow my instincts that he will come after the eastern Aleutians before bad weather sets in on November 1st. He HAS to come this way. The man likes the northern isles too much not to.

OK. Made up my mind about 7-8 game turns ago and have started the movement to bolster and create a--hopefully--trap. Moves:

1. Have over 250 aircraft in various stages of moving into the Aleutians. These will be added to the 250 already present and 700+ on KB. The AFs are ready and we have enough support to handle the additions so that will help a bunch.
2. Kido Butai is returning to Adak to refuel. I have 75,000 fuel present and that should carry the Fleet as well as have some more leftover for operations to the end of October.
3. Akutan is at its 20,000 max troop level but Cold Harbor could take some more so we have a second Brigade moving to this forward base. Another Brigade is also heading to Umnak.
4. Supply is excellent. I've stockpiled supplies everywhere and no base is below 10,000. Most are at 20,000.+ Main Bases at Adak and Umnak have 40,000.+
5. Five additional subs are coming up making the total nearly 18 lying in wait.

Those are the plans.

LOTS happening elsewhere but just got a turn done and sent back so I was thinking about this Theatre first.

Am going to try and go back to daily updates on the AAR.

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 11/17/2015 5:00:03 PM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 662
The Game ROLLS on... - 11/17/2015 11:28:59 PM   
John 3rd

SitRep
October 2,1942
The Aleutians

Want to report on this region as well as the SE Pacific.

As stated many times, I have long felt that the Aleutians would be where Michael made a serious effort at a fall offensive PRIOR to the weather shutting activities down. To that event, preparation has moved consistently forward. Here are the existing bases and all there info:

ATTU
Pt-3, AF-2, Forts 3/05%
Aviation Support 36, Assault Value 27 with 11,000 supply.

ADAK
Pt-5, AF 6/34%, Forts 4/51%
AS 122, Assault Value 329: 2nd China SNLF Assault Brigade and 3rd Atoll Defense Unit (CD), Supply 56,500.

UMNAK
Pt-2, AF 4/99%, Forts 4/18%
AS 144, Assault Value 494: 6th Inf Div and 3rd ADU @ 100% Prep, Supply 28,750

AKUTAN
Pt-2, AF 4, Forts 4/74%
AS 117, Assault Value 437: 14th ID 100% Prep, Supply 20,000

COLD BAY
Pt-2, AF 3, Forts 4/41%
AS 36, Assault Value 270: Karafuto Brigade 100% Prep, Supply 11,000

Theatre Air: 126 Zero, 58 Val, 27 Kate, 72 Betty/Nell, 26 Emily, 13 Recon/FP

REINFORCEMENTS
Ground:
1. Moving the two Ground units (2nd SNLF AB and 3rd ADU) at Adak forward to buttress Cold Bay. They won't be heavily prepped but will certainly strengthen the Defense.
2. Two Infantry Regiments are coming from Manchuria to replace the units above at Adak. These will also serve as a Reaction Force.
3. Coming up from Hawaii is another Air Flotilla and two Base Forces.

Air:
72 Zero and 42 Tojo, 48 Val, 48 Kate, and 48 Betty

The Kido Butai lurks to the south carrying 720+ aircraft. It will be reinforced by the freshly repaired Ryujo, a CA, and 4 DD)

This amalgamation of power is massed and ready purely based on a calculated HUNCH of mine. Lordy--I HOPE am right...

Attachment (1)

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 663
The Game ROLLS on... - 11/17/2015 11:30:24 PM   
John 3rd

Will do a similar report for the SE Pacific this evening if the boys and family allow for it!

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 664
RE: The Game ROLLS on... - 11/18/2015 12:02:24 AM   
Sangeli

I'm not so sure keeping the KB in the NorPac is the right move for you. I don't think there is nearly as much of a threat as you think. Main reason being that there is a very large distance between Cold Bay and Kodiak. Normally the NorPac is appealing in 1942/early 1943 to the Allies because LBA can carry the brunt of the load but that's usually when Cold Bay is still in Allied hands. The only air cover for an Allied landing would have to come from Allied carriers which makes it very risky. Furthermore, even if by some happenstance Michel were to recapture Cold Bay, it would be very vulnerable to a counter invasion given the lack of depth for the Allies here. In my opinion, any successful move in the NorPac from Michael would HAVE to be proceeded by a buildup of the bases between Cold Bay and Kodiak which has not happened yet.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 665
RE: The Game ROLLS on... - 11/18/2015 12:53:46 AM   
John 3rd

That is good, measured thinking.

The biggest tip I have seen recently is a growing increase in TF and shipping around the Gulf of Alaska to Kodiak, to Seward, to Anchorage. About a week ago I used my ML SS and dropped off three separate minefields and was rewarded by no less then 8-10 explosions plus sinking sounds. Always LOVE that!

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Sangeli)
Post #: 666
RE: The Game ROLLS on... - 11/18/2015 2:11:06 AM   
Sangeli

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd
The biggest tip I have seen recently is a growing increase in TF and shipping around the Gulf of Alaska to Kodiak, to Seward, to Anchorage. About a week ago I used my ML SS and dropped off three separate minefields and was rewarded by no less then 8-10 explosions plus sinking sounds. Always LOVE that!

Wouldn't be too surprised if that is the prelude to occupying those island between Kodiak and Cold Bay. But unless you want the KB around to stop such an occupation and buildup then you can afford to move it elsewhere in the interim.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 667
RE: The Game ROLLS on... - 12/17/2015 3:22:16 PM   
John 3rd

Greetings All.

I am Posting this in all three of my AARs so different readers can catch it.
As most of you know, I have elected to re-start my game with Canoerebel (Dan) that ended over two years ago. In doing this I shall have three serious matches running (vs. Michael--NY59Giants--w/Between the Storms—Lite, my vanilla Scenario 1 in Letters From the PM, and the Reluctant Admiral game with Dan). To keep the games going, work at the store, and balance family, I will have to cutback on my AAR work. Have decided to abandon the BTS: L AAR, Post about every two weeks on the PM AAR, and attempt to keep something going with Dan’s game.

Apologize to readers about this but I felt helping Dan come back into the AE Community was far more important than keeping up the AARs. Greatly appreciate the comments and Postings from all the watchers and fellow players!

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to Sangeli)
Post #: 668
BB Washington - 3/22/2016 5:32:58 AM   
John 3rd

Am not planning on reviving this AAR but had a crazy event occur at Cold Bay on February 5, 1943. A massive Bombardment TF comprised of BB Washington and South Dakota as well as BC Repulse come up against two MTBG during a dark, snowy night. I HATE PT-Boats of any sort. Rarely do I have any. Well...little MTBG-5 closes with the TF and launches her two TTs. AMAZINGLY both HIT BB Washington!

The BB detaches from the Bombardment TF so she must be hurt pretty bad. Maybe I could begin to LIKE PT-Boats--if they are mine--NOT!

BANZAI to the intrepid crew who are later killed by 4 CL and 9 DDs...

Attachment (1)

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 669
Page:   <<   < prev  19 20 21 22 [23]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Overall Page: <<   < prev  19 20 21 22 [23]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI