Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword >> Tech Support >> Game issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game issues - 4/17/2015 4:26:06 AM   
Ronhudale

Problems with Brother To Brother. I am running windows 8.1 and I did do the update. I can get into the game but it often doesn't respond to mouse clicks. Sometimes if I click above the target area it will work. When I get to the option page it is somehow partial. I can see the difficulty option as well as another. The choices however can't be seen. There also is no option to start the scenario from what I can see. I did manage to get into the game and I'm not sure how. In the game it gets rather sluggish and will eventually crash. I've tried different resolutions but no change. Obviously I'm sorry about the purchase. It's unplayable to say the least. I've uninstalled it. Right now I'm too frustrated to reload it. If you have any suggestions I am more than willing to listen before I go another round with this game.
Post #: 1
RE: Game issues - 4/17/2015 4:42:31 AM   
mllange

Sounds like you had a messed up install. I have 8.1 on several systems and haven't experienced anything like you've described. Perhaps another (clean) install after deleting everything including the old directory for starters? The game certainly isn't hardware intensive and doesn't require a workhorse to perform admirably. Best wishes!

There's a simple answer to every complex question - and it's wrong.
-Umberto Eco

(in reply to Ronhudale)
Post #: 2
RE: Game issues - 4/17/2015 5:50:52 AM   
zakblood

see if my post help you any, same system / operating system etc

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3843280

good luck and sorry to hear you are having an issue atm

either way it will be fixed and sorted

< Message edited by zakblood -- 4/17/2015 6:51:16 AM >

(in reply to mllange)
Post #: 3
RE: Game issues - 4/17/2015 2:46:45 PM   
ericbabe

Sorry to hear you're having difficulty. I'm not sure what could be going wrong. Would you mind posting a DxDiag report of your system? We have tested on many different Win8.1 systems, so I don't believe there is any problem with Win8.1 per se.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 4
RE: Game issues - 4/17/2015 11:14:06 PM   
HeinzHarald

quote:

ORIGINAL: zakblood

see if my post help you any, same system / operating system etc

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3843280

It does sound like a classic DPI issue, which you've included one way to fix in the link, so I hope Ronhudale tries this.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 5
RE: Game issues - 4/20/2015 7:17:45 PM   
Ronhudale

I am now able to get All of the option screen with a different resolution. However the mouse stops working after a turn or two. Sometimes it crashes. Very slow and choppy. I've had this game since Thursday and haven't played it yet. I would appreciate any assistance.

(in reply to HeinzHarald)
Post #: 6
RE: Game issues - 4/20/2015 7:32:47 PM   
Clinchrifles

Read the topic "cant zoom". Try the dpi change someone mentioned. I had the same problem and it was fixed by that.

(in reply to Ronhudale)
Post #: 7
RE: Game issues - 4/21/2015 7:29:57 PM   
Ronhudale

Testing

(in reply to Clinchrifles)
Post #: 8
RE: Game issues - 4/21/2015 7:39:31 PM   
Ronhudale

Still having problems. I did get the mouse to work due to one of the suggestions. Crashing occasional and can't exit game. Sluggish and painful to try and play.

I appreciate any help

(in reply to Ronhudale)
Post #: 9
RE: Game issues - 4/22/2015 7:41:52 PM   
ericbabe

Sorry to hear that didn't help. Would you mind posting your DxDiag report so I can look at your system specs? We've had some reports that the game runs slowly on some versions of the Microsoft Surface; what sort of system are you using?

(in reply to Ronhudale)
Post #: 10
RE: Game issues - 4/25/2015 2:13:59 PM   
Skeleton

This is one of the worst performing games I have ever owned. Sluggish response, the graphics at the most zoomed in level, almost look like something from the late 90's. I have no issues with any other games (30 or so Matrix) titles and several, high demand graphics games. Disappointed beyond words. I have applied the patch, fiddled with my system, per the advice on the other "issue" post.

(in reply to Ronhudale)
Post #: 11
RE: Game issues - 4/25/2015 2:59:45 PM   
zakblood

post your spec and a DxDiag report and we can fix it or make it better,

i have personally tested it on a dual core, 4/6 and 8 core pc, win 7,8, 8.1 and win 10 beta, run it with 2gb vga, and 4gb plus have tried ram from as low as 2gb to 32gb, not had a issue with any tbh.

as long as it's windows i'm sure we can help to make it run, then also make it run better

< Message edited by zakblood -- 4/25/2015 4:03:22 PM >

(in reply to Skeleton)
Post #: 12
RE: Game issues - 4/25/2015 3:21:47 PM   
Skeleton

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601), System Model: Studio XPS 7100, Default System BIOS, AMD Phenom IIx6 Processor (6CPUs), ~2.7GHz, Memory 8192MB RAM, DirectX11. ***Edit-Thank you for the offer of help, I genuinely appreciate it. I like the little I have played of the game, my complaint is purely one of performance***

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Marcus the leper -- 4/25/2015 4:23:59 PM >

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 13
RE: Game issues - 4/25/2015 3:37:12 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Marcus,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marcus the leper
This is one of the worst performing games I have ever owned. Sluggish response, the graphics at the most zoomed in level, almost look like something from the late 90's. I have no issues with any other games (30 or so Matrix) titles and several, high demand graphics games. Disappointed beyond words. I have applied the patch, fiddled with my system, per the advice on the other "issue" post.

I'm very sorry to hear that. It's working fine here, but perhaps we have different expectations? Did you ever play Forge of Freedom?

Have you tried the 1.02 public beta, which improves performance?

The max zoom is available for those who like to zoom, but it is not intended that the graphics will look great at that level. They were designed for the default level, so if you zoom in some pixellation is going to happen. That said, the text distortions when zoomed in we are looking at improving but the rest of the graphics are simply what happens when you zoom in on art. If you took any game that has art designed for a certain level and zoom in further, it's going to look like that.

Based on feedback during testing, we decided it was worth allowing the zoom in even with the fact that the graphics were not designed for it as we received enough requests that it seemed more helpful than a problem.

When you look at the livestream here, does your game perform like that or worse?

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3844058

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Skeleton)
Post #: 14
RE: Game issues - 4/25/2015 3:39:26 PM   
zakblood

the only issue or slight problem i can see is the shear amount of Filters installed, each one by a different program you use, drivers for vga seem ok, still looking atm...

ram and cpu are fine, video card while low, has 1gb Dedicated Memory and the rest shared (3gb), for me that's high as it leaves not a lot left for windows imo, as win 64 like 4gb to work and while your pc has 8gb installed, 3gb of that is shared with your video card, i'd alter the bios to 1gb shared and reboot and try if it makes any difference, or even disabled the shared ram altogether and just use the 1gb it already has, windows will then work better, and 1gb that the video card has, even as it's the lower end will be fine to run the game.

altering the settings for a game is common place but it shouldn't be needed as it's not a high end game so should work fine, so for me all above it a waste, so i'd look elsewhere for the problem, and my first port of call would be drivers, then codec, as i would use a codec cleaner to sort out what filters are needed and wanted, as any of those you have installed could be causing issues with the game, as game works fine, with only a odd user posting problems, so as 99% of users it works for, the other 1% have windows based problems, and not gaming ones, but so it's still a pain when something doesn't work right.

my normal course of attack is to next say how old is the windows install?

when did you last update windows and all your drivers? motherboard, video etc.

when did you last check you defrag status of your drives?

when did or do you check for corrupt files?

have you used or would you try ccleaner on your pc? 100% safe and not only cleans out junk, fixes basic windows and registry problems, but if you have errors in your windows version, it doesn't fix them, only registry and junk cleaning so unless you have a very stable windows version, then maybe don't try it, unless you have backed up first, just incase...

as a reinstall fixes everything, i'd say that if you're windows install is older than 6 months and you have installed and un installed a lot of things, any error left over can cause un known errors with filters and codecs etc....

but if your not sure, wait for staff to give you a better answer or reply, as i'm only a member like your self, good luck...

edited, sorry Erik has posted so forget mine, seems we were posting at the same time, i just take long to type and as he's boss his advice is better, always

< Message edited by zakblood -- 4/25/2015 4:41:26 PM >

(in reply to Skeleton)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword >> Tech Support >> Game issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI