Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J) Page: <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J) - 12/4/2015 5:52:56 PM   
Rio Bravo

quote:

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rio Bravo

quote:

Looking very good for you.

Joc-

I am pleased with the build-up of forts, airbases, and troop deployment in India, Australia, Alaska, the Aleutians, and Tahiti. At the end of the month I will provide more details to The War College regarding the above.

I haven't decided yet where I will concentrate a build-up next. The following places are under consideration: Akyab, Darwin, Horn Island, Pago Pago, and Fiji. I really wanted to secure Wake and Midway Islands, but troop capacity restrictions doesn't permit much of a build up for those two islands.

Best Regards,

-Terry

Build up your outer perimeter with troops you can afford to lose. Not stop blocks but rather speed bumps. Then you build up the locations you really don´t want to lose with division sized forces (where SLs permit of course). Forts and terrain is a very good friend of yours!

Joc-

I have been doing that since day one.

I diverted troops to India to originally hold the Bombay-Lucknow Line.

The Chinese (at Hyderabad Sindh-over 3,000 AV) and I Australian Corps (at Amedabad-over 2100 AV) are being held in reserve to support Karachi, Bombay and Surat (over 400 AV at each base) in case El Lobo surprises me and attempts to invade in the North this late in the game. Eventually the Chinese and I Australian Corps will move South as part of Operation Land Shark (the October 15, 1942 offensive to re-take Burma and push East through China, Manchukuo, and Korea).

All U. S. Army troops are presently hidden and stationed at Hydeabad and Warangal. Among those two bases, including but limited to, are 8 infantry regiments, two tank battalions, and 8 AA units. More U. S. Army units are in route to India (they pour in just about every day now). Among the U. S. Army troops earmarked for India (and for Operation Land Shark) are a total of 7 INF Divisions, 4 Tank Battalions, 4 Tank Destroyer Battalions, 14 AA Regiments, and a 14 ART Regiments, 2 Combat Engineers, 4 Construction Engineers, 2 HQs, 7 BFs, 2 EABs, 2 CDs, 2 Port Services, and 2 SeaBees. The Tenth Air Group (is at Madras). The II U.S. Fighters and V U. S. Bombers are at Hyderabad. These troops will remain here for now to hide and to protect the Southern and Southwestern coast of India. Eventually the U.S. Army, Tenth Air Group, II U.S. Fighters, and V U.S. Bombers will move South as part of Operation Land Shark.

The Burma Corps, ABDA Command units, III India Corps, Eastern Army, and assorted units from the Northern, Eastern, and Southern India Commands have now been moved to all bases from Cox's Bazar in the South and up along the coast to Diamond Harbor and then further North of Calcutta. Each base has right around 300 AV with a minimum of one AA unit (Calcutta holds the entire III India Corps).

I originally diverted some U. S. troops to Australia to hold Southern Australia. The 1st and 2nd Marine Divisions supported with other Marine units are now either hidden at Wagga Wagga or Bathurst or are in route to those two bases. The originally diverted U. S. Army troops are in route to India. Eventually, all Marine units will return to Pearl for Operation Sea Shark (invasion of the Marianas Islands and points Westward to Formosa) intended to launch June 1, 1943.

Tahiti has 324 AV with AA and ART support.

Anchorage, Whittier, Seward, and Kodiak Island each have close to 200 AV with BF, AA and ART support. Dutch Harbor and Adak each have around 130 AV with one INF Regiment, 1 BF, 1 AA unit, and either one construction unit or combat engineer unit. The following troops are are either unloading at or are in route to Amchitka and Attu: 1 INF Regiment each, 1 BF each, 1 AA unit each, and in addition 1 Bobcat and one Port Service is also in route to Amchitka. All bases have been adequately supplied with fuel and supply.

Prince Rupert has over 300 AV with ample AA and BFs.

I am seriously considering getting a head-start on Operation Land Shark by moving troops in to Burma at Akyab. I am thinking on moving the Eastern Army of about 500 AV with an AA and HQ from Ranchi to Akyab.

At the end of the month I will provide a more detailed report of troop placement in India and Australia.

Best Regards,

Terry

"No one throws me my own guns and tells me to run. No one."

-Bret (James Coburn); The Magnificent Seven

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 481
RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J) - 12/4/2015 6:06:28 PM   
Rio Bravo

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

quote:

quote:

Looking very good for you.

Joc-

I am pleased with the build-up of forts, airbases, and troop deployment in India, Australia, Alaska, the Aleutians, and Tahiti. At the end of the month I will provide more details to The War College regarding the above.

I haven't decided yet where I will concentrate a build-up next. The following places are under consideration: Akyab, Darwin, Horn Island, Pago Pago, and Fiji. I really wanted to secure Wake and Midway Islands, but troop capacity restrictions doesn't permit much of a build up for those two islands.

Best Regards,

-Terry

I've been wanting to follow up on the advice I gave you on those two fly spec islands you covet.

Bear in mind that they are nothing more than outposts. With limited stacking capacity they can not hold a sufficient force to defend themselves without a CV TF guarding them.

They can be overwhelmed at any time you are not able to cover them with CVs, which for the most part is all of '42 and most of '43 anytime your CVs are elsewhere.

Yes they are nice outposts to have for NAV search to give you more advanced warning of an approaching enemy fleet, but they serve no real purpose beyond that.

Each is very isolated without surrounding supporting bases.

Your desire to hold them with marine regiments also seems a bit misguided.

Never forget that your marine regiments are the tip of your spear. They are your offensive punch.

They are more powerful when combined into divisions.

Use them for guard/holding duty only at major bases where you are marshaling a build up for a coming offensive.

The marine defense battalions are your guard post units.

Hans-

Please review my post above to Joc.

Yes, I want Wake and Midway for search purposes. I also want Marcus Island for search purposes. I also wanted Wake Island to have a base for subs to refuel for sorties off Japan Proper. And I want all three Islands to support the notion (along with the build up of the Aleutians) that I intend an early invasion of Hokkaido and the Kurile Island chain. I have no present intent to invade either Hokkaido nor the Kurile Islands ever, but I am hoping El Lobo will think differently and use troops to garrison Hokkaido and the Kurile Islands.

And yes, eventually the 1st and 2nd Marine Divisions will head back to Pearl to launch Operation Sea Shark against the Marianas Islands along with every single Marine unit on map and along with U. S. Army troops available.

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,

-Terry

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 482
RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J) - 12/4/2015 6:09:28 PM   
Rio Bravo

quote:

ORIGINAL: pontiouspilot

It's time to start using all those troops you diverted from Aust. to Ind/Bur theatre. Akyab is a very nice pivot point for the allies to hold....just don't let it get flanked to north. If he hasn't hit Aust yet he isn't going to.

pontiouspilot-

Please review my posts above to Joc and Hans.

I agree, I doubt this late, El Lobo intends to invade either India or Australia.

The troops diverted to India need to stay in India for Operation Land Shark.

Thank you for helping me.

Best Regards,

Terry

(in reply to pontiouspilot)
Post #: 483
RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J) - 12/4/2015 6:24:42 PM   
HansBolter

Adak is a far better base for subs to operate against the HI. Even the S-Boats can reach from there.
It also has better surrounding support base potential.

Not sure what your position is up there or what potential you currently have, but building up the island chain appears to be a part of your overall strategy.

I would think Wake and Marcus would be more appropriate mid to late '43 objectives.

You would be in a far better then position to counterpunch any reaction to try to kick you off of them.

Hans

(in reply to Rio Bravo)
Post #: 484
RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J) - 12/4/2015 7:22:50 PM   
Rio Bravo

quote:

Adak is a far better base for subs to operate against the HI. Even the S-Boats can reach from there.
It also has better surrounding support base potential.

Not sure what your position is up there or what potential you currently have, but building up the island chain appears to be a part of your overall strategy.

I would think Wake and Marcus would be more appropriate mid to late '43 objectives.

You would be in a far better then position to counterpunch any reaction to try to kick you off of them.

Hans-

I agree with everything you said.

However, by building up the Aleutians, Wake, Midway, and Marcus; hopefully El Lobo will think I intend an early invasion of Hokkaido and the Kurile Islands and divert troops to garrison those places.

The ruse may not work, but I want to give it a try.

Best Regards,

-Terry

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 485
RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J) - 12/5/2015 9:33:55 AM   
Rio Bravo

Combat Report

for

May 18, 1942

The Red Sun Captures Hwaiyin:

Ground combat at Hwaiyin (92,50)

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 5856 troops, 38 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 211

Defending force 3722 troops, 12 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 55

Japanese adjusted assault: 300

Allied adjusted defense: 19

Japanese assault odds: 15 to 1 (fort level 1)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Hwaiyin !!!

Combat modifiers
Defender: op mode(-), leaders(+), preparation(-), experience(-)
supply(-)
Attacker: shock(+)

Japanese ground losses:
34 casualties reported

Squads: 1 destroyed, 1 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Allied ground losses:
4764 casualties reported

Squads: 124 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 329 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 12 (12 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Units destroyed 3

Assaulting units:
3rd Ind.Mixed Brigade

Defending units:
85th Chinese Corps
89th Chinese Corps
Lusu War Area

Japanese Amphibious Assault Pontianak and Makassar:

Amphibious Assault at Pontianak (56,90)

TF 189 troops unloading over beach at Pontianak, 56,90

Japanese ground losses:
247 casualties reported

Squads: 3 destroyed, 40 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 11 disabled
Guns lost 5 (0 destroyed, 5 disabled)

6 troops of a SNLF HMG Squad lost in surf during unload of 87th Nav Gd /2
17 troops of a SNLF Squad lost overboard during unload of 88th Nav Gd /4
10 Support troops lost in surf during unload of 87th Nav Gd /4
17 troops of a SNLF Squad lost in surf during unload of 88th Nav Gd /5

And Makassar

Amphibious Assault at Makassar (65,106)

TF 431 troops unloading over beach at Makassar, 65,106

Japanese ground losses:
39 casualties reported

Squads: 0 destroyed, 7 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Guns lost 2 (0 destroyed, 2 disabled)

Chinese Take a Beating But Hold Anking!

Ground combat at Anking (88,52)

Japanese Deliberate attack

Attacking force 16199 troops, 136 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 561

Defending force 8301 troops, 62 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 50

Japanese adjusted assault: 497

Allied adjusted defense: 6

Japanese assault odds: 82 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: leaders(-), disruption(-), fatigue(-), experience(-)
supply(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
35 casualties reported

Squads: 0 destroyed, 3 disabled

Allied ground losses:
1322 casualties reported

Squads: 37 destroyed, 48 disabled
Non Combat: 91 destroyed, 7 disabled
Engineers: 1 destroyed, 3 disabled
Units destroyed 1

Assaulting units:
13th Ind.Mixed Brigade
40th Brigade
138th Infantry Regiment

Defending units:
7th Chinese Corps
84th Chinese Corps
21st Group Army

Allies Hold Near Kolaka!

Ground combat at 69,104 (near Kolaka)

Attacking force 4128 troops, 20 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 157

Defending force 559 troops, 7 guns, 1 vehicles, Assault Value = 10

Japanese adjusted assault: 67

Allied adjusted defense: 16

Japanese assault odds: 4 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), morale(-), experience(-)
Attacker: leaders(-)

Japanese ground losses:
16 casualties reported

Squads: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled

Allied ground losses:
146 casualties reported

Squads: 1 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 11 destroyed, 3 disabled
Units retreated 2

Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

Assaulting units:
10th Garrison Unit

Defending units:
Kendari Garrison Battalion
Kendari Base Force

Best Regards,

Terry

< Message edited by Rio Bravo -- 12/5/2015 10:34:59 AM >

(in reply to Rio Bravo)
Post #: 486
RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J) - 12/5/2015 9:52:19 AM   
JocMeister

quote:

Joc-

I have been doing that since day one.

I diverted troops to India to originally hold the Bombay-Lucknow Line.

The Chinese (at Hyderabad Sindh-over 3,000 AV) and I Australian Corps (at Amedabad-over 2100 AV) are being held in reserve to support Karachi, Bombay and Surat (over 400 AV at each base) in case El Lobo surprises me and attempts to invade in the North this late in the game. Eventually the Chinese and I Australian Corps will move South as part of Operation Land Shark (the October 15, 1942 offensive to re-take Burma and push East through China, Manchukuo, and Korea).

All U. S. Army troops are presently hidden and stationed at Hydeabad and Warangal. Among those two bases, including but limited to, are 8 infantry regiments, two tank battalions, and 8 AA units. More U. S. Army units are in route to India (they pour in just about every day now). Among the U. S. Army troops earmarked for India (and for Operation Land Shark) are a total of 7 INF Divisions, 4 Tank Battalions, 4 Tank Destroyer Battalions, 14 AA Regiments, and a 14 ART Regiments, 2 Combat Engineers, 4 Construction Engineers, 2 HQs, 7 BFs, 2 EABs, 2 CDs, 2 Port Services, and 2 SeaBees. The Tenth Air Group (is at Madras). The II U.S. Fighters and V U. S. Bombers are at Hyderabad. These troops will remain here for now to hide and to protect the Southern and Southwestern coast of India. Eventually the U.S. Army, Tenth Air Group, II U.S. Fighters, and V U.S. Bombers will move South as part of Operation Land Shark.

The Burma Corps, ABDA Command units, III India Corps, Eastern Army, and assorted units from the Northern, Eastern, and Southern India Commands have now been moved to all bases from Cox's Bazar in the South and up along the coast to Diamond Harbor and then further North of Calcutta. Each base has right around 300 AV with a minimum of one AA unit (Calcutta holds the entire III India Corps).

I originally diverted some U. S. troops to Australia to hold Southern Australia. The 1st and 2nd Marine Divisions supported with other Marine units are now either hidden at Wagga Wagga or Bathurst or are in route to those two bases. The originally diverted U. S. Army troops are in route to India. Eventually, all Marine units will return to Pearl for Operation Sea Shark (invasion of the Marianas Islands and points Westward to Formosa) intended to launch June 1, 1943.

Tahiti has 324 AV with AA and ART support.

Anchorage, Whittier, Seward, and Kodiak Island each have close to 200 AV with BF, AA and ART support. Dutch Harbor and Adak each have around 130 AV with one INF Regiment, 1 BF, 1 AA unit, and either one construction unit or combat engineer unit. The following troops are are either unloading at or are in route to Amchitka and Attu: 1 INF Regiment each, 1 BF each, 1 AA unit each, and in addition 1 Bobcat and one Port Service is also in route to Amchitka. All bases have been adequately supplied with fuel and supply.

Prince Rupert has over 300 AV with ample AA and BFs.

I am seriously considering getting a head-start on Operation Land Shark by moving troops in to Burma at Akyab. I am thinking on moving the Eastern Army of about 500 AV with an AA and HQ from Ranchi to Akyab.

At the end of the month I will provide a more detailed report of troop placement in India and Australia.

Best Regards,

Terry

Sounds like you have things well under control with a clear idea what you want to do!

I think you can safely start pushing out a bit in SOPAC. I would start by reinforcing PM. Start building forts and set the troops on defensive prepp. He can lose months trying to take it away from you.

Given the current situation I don´t think you have to worry too much about a deep landing somewhere. He is too far behind for that now. That beings said, always plan for the worst!

(in reply to Rio Bravo)
Post #: 487
RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J) - 12/5/2015 8:09:07 PM   
Rio Bravo

Joc-

The War College Members have impressed upon me the need to be fairly cautious these first few months of the war. It runs against the grain for me. However, I can clearly see the wisdom of their experienced and sage advice.

I do believe that you are correct in advising that my next priority should be an attempt to reinforce Port Moresby. I get a U. S. Army Infantry Regiment in two days. I might transport it along with a BF and AA unit from the USA West Coast. It will take a while to get there.

Another option is to strip Tahiti. I could get approximately 325 AV along with two BFs and an AA unit and an ART unit to Port Moresby. Then send the above-mentioned force to Tahiti. This option would be faster and would make Port Moresby stronger, but it would also leave Tahiti (my main link to Australia for logistics) weaker.

Which option do you and the other War College Members prefer?

Best Regards,

-Terry

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 488
RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J) - 12/5/2015 9:11:22 PM   
Rio Bravo

Akyab

An Update for The War College

As of May 19, 1942

Gentlemen and Some Who Aren't Too Sure-

Opening Note

I am not too concerned that at this junction of the war that the Evil El Lobo will attempt any deep threat to India. Accordingly, this date, more Allied forces in India are moving to deploy further South in India and some are moving to Akyab.

India Troop and Aircraft Redeployment

I Australia Corps

The entire I Australia Corps presently consisting of 1,909 AV is moving from Ahmedabad to Chittagong.

This measure is taken for two purposes:

1.) If need be, to be in a position to relatively quickly be able to support the forces moving to Akyab.

2.) If need be, to be in a position to support the Burma Corps (1,500 AV) in defending the terrain from Cox's Bazar to Ledo and from Cox's Bazar to Calcutta (the entire III India Corps is in Calcutta).

ABDA Command Forces

Upon the arrival of I Australian Corps at Chittagong, the entire ABDA Command Forces presently consisting of 251 AV at Chittagong will move into the forest behind the river at Hex 55,44 (i.e. the hex between Cox's Bazar and Akyab.

This measure is being taken for two purposes:

1.) If need be, to protect the rear of the forces being sent to Akyab.

2.) If need be, to protect the road to Akyab hopefully long enough to be reinforced with some of I Australia Corps forces or Burma Corps forces.

Eastern Army

The entire Eastern Army presently consisting of 569 AV along with one CD, one HQ, one AA, one ART, and two BFs are moving from Jamshedpur to Akyab.

224 Group RAF

Two fighter squadrons of the 224 Group RAF presently consisting of 26 aircraft are flying from Bombay to Akyab to provide CAP cover for Akyab.

End Not

The Chinese presently consisting of 3,200 AV presently garrisoned at Hyderabad Sindh, for now will remain at Hyderabad Sindh, to be in a position to quickly support Karachi, Surat, and Bombay should El Lobo surprise the Allies with an invasion at one or more of those locations.

The Chinese along with the forces already at Karachi, Surat, and Bombay (each base having an AV in excess of 450 and each base fully supported with a CD unit and more) should be able to hold until, and if need be, be reinforced by U.S. Army troops presently consisting of over 1,300 AV that are presently stationed at Amechabad and Warangl.

The U.S. Army forces, for now, will remain at Amechabad and Warangl to protect the Indian Southern Coast and Indian Western coast up to Bombay.

A map of the Akyab area is below.

Best Regards,

-Terry

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Rio Bravo)
Post #: 489
RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J) - 12/6/2015 2:42:03 AM   
Rio Bravo

Combat Report

for

May 19, 1942

The 59th Fought to the Last Man!

Japanese Eliminates 59th Chinese Corps Near Chungking:

Ground combat at 78,47 (near Chungking)

Attacking force 67067 troops, 544 guns, 116 vehicles, Assault Value = 2409

Defending force 1485 troops, 6 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 3

Japanese adjusted assault: 2118

Allied adjusted defense: 1

Japanese assault odds: 2118 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), leaders(+), disruption(-), morale(-)
experience(-), supply(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
34 casualties reported

Squads: 0 destroyed, 3 disabled

Allied ground losses:
1588 casualties reported

Squads: 53 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 236 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 6 (6 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Units destroyed 1

Assaulting units:
34th Division
116th Division
35th Division
61st Infantry Brigade
13th Division
32nd Division
11th Army
2nd Ind. Engineer Regiment
8th Ind. Engineer Regiment

Defending units:
59th Chinese Corps

84th Chinese Corps Holds Anking Despite Odds of 214 to 1!

Ground combat at Anking (88,52)

Attacking force 16210 troops, 137 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 560

Defending force 3265 troops, 38 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 3

Japanese adjusted assault: 428

Allied adjusted defense: 2

Japanese assault odds: 214 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: leaders(-), disruption(-), fatigue(-), experience(-)
supply(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
25 casualties reported

Allied ground losses:
712 casualties reported

Squads: 116 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 8 disabled
Engineers: 2 destroyed, 4 disabled
Guns lost 16 (16 destroyed, 0 disabled)

Assaulting units:
40th Brigade
13th Ind.Mixed Brigade
138th Infantry Regiment

Defending units:
84th Chinese Corps

Chinese Hold Chihkiang!

Ground combat at Chihkiang (78,50)

Attacking force 49001 troops, 575 guns, 72 vehicles, Assault Value = 1494

Defending force 13291 troops, 137 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 230

Japanese engineers reduce fortifications to 0

Japanese adjusted assault: 925

Allied adjusted defense: 712

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 0

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), preparation(-), morale(-), supply(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
493 casualties reported

Squads: 2 destroyed, 43 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 4 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled
Guns lost 8 (1 destroyed, 7 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
957 casualties reported

Squads: 71 destroyed, 24 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 36 disabled
Engineers: 2 destroyed, 2 disabled

Assaulting units:
39th Division
40th Division
57th Infantry Brigade
3rd Division
55th Infantry Brigade
2nd JAAF AF Coy
28th Mountain Gun Regiment
21st Mortar Battalion
2nd RF Gun Battalion
RGC Army
1st JAAF AF Coy
5th RF Gun Battalion
8th Mountain Gun Regiment
67th JAAF AF Coy

Defending units:
74th Chinese Corps
5th Chinese Cavalry Corps
19th Group Army
29th Group Army
17th Chinese Base Force
10th Chinese Corps
5th Construction Regiment

Allies Hold Their Ground Near Tandjoengselor!

Ground combat at 67,93 (near Tandjoengselor)

Attacking force 1459 troops, 12 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 60

Defending force 468 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2

Japanese adjusted assault: 13

Allied adjusted defense: 3

Japanese assault odds: 4 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), experience(-), supply(-)

Allied ground losses:
57 casualties reported

Squads: 4 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled

Assaulting units:
85th Naval Guard Unit

Defending units:
VII KNIL Battalion
Tarakan Base Force

This date, four Dutch Submarines Miss Japanese Tanker and Transports.

Best Regards,

-Terry

(in reply to Rio Bravo)
Post #: 490
RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J) - 12/7/2015 3:40:00 AM   
Rio Bravo

Combat Report

for

May 20, 1942

Japanese Amphibious Assaults Georgetown and Makassar:

Amphibious Assault at Georgetown (49,74)

TF 198 troops unloading over beach at Georgetown, 49,74

Japanese ground losses:
372 casualties reported

Squads: 0 destroyed, 40 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 45 disabled

10 Support troops lost in surf during unload of 55th Infantry Rgt /6

And Makassar

Amphibious Assault at Makassar (65,106)

TF 245 troops unloading over beach at Makassar, 65,106

Japanese ground losses:
103 casualties reported

Squads: 4 destroyed, 8 disabled
Guns lost 1 (0 destroyed, 1 disabled)

17 troops of a SNLF Squad accidentally lost during unload of 53rd Nav Gd
6 troops of a SNLF HMG Squad lost from landing craft during unload of 53rd Nav Gd /2
17 troops of a SNLF Squad accidentally lost during unload of 53rd Nav Gd /4

Georgetown Coastal Guns Dent Japanese xAK Iburi Maru ank xAK Daido Maru!

Pre-Invasion action off Georgetown (49,74)
Defensive Guns engage approaching landing force

8 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.

Japanese Ships
xAK Iburi Maru, Shell hits 1

PB Tokotsu Maru
PB Naruto Maru #3
PB Kinsyo Maru #4
PB Choko Maru #5
PB Taikei Maru
PB Nikkai Maru
PB Chohakusan Maru
PB Busho Maru
PB Akitsui Maru
xAK Nissen Maru #3

9.2" CD Gun Battery engaging xAK Iburi Maru at 9,000 yards
PB Naruto Maru #3 firing to suppress enemy battery at 9,000 yards
PB Tokotsu Maru fired at enemy troops
PB Naruto Maru #3 fired at enemy troops
PB Kinsyo Maru #4 fired at enemy troops
PB Choko Maru #5 fired at enemy troops
PB Taikei Maru fired at enemy troops
PB Nikkai Maru fired at enemy troops
PB Chohakusan Maru fired at enemy troops
PB Busho Maru fired at enemy troops
PB Akitsui Maru fired at enemy troops
Defensive Guns fire at approaching troops in landing craft at 4,000 yards
Defensive Guns fire at approaching troops in landing craft at 2,000 yards

And Again

Invasion Support action off Georgetown (49,74)

6 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.

Japanese Ships
xAK Daido Maru, Shell hits 1

PB Naruto Maru #3
PB Kinsyo Maru #4
PB Choko Maru #5
PB Taikei Maru
PB Nikkai Maru
PB Chohakusan Maru
PB Busho Maru
PB Akitsui Maru
xAK Nissen Maru #3
PB Tokotsu Maru

9.2" CD Gun Battery engaging xAK Daido Maru at 7,000 yards
PB Naruto Maru #3 fired at enemy troops
PB Kinsyo Maru #4 fired at enemy troops
PB Choko Maru #5 fired at enemy troops
PB Taikei Maru fired at enemy troops
PB Nikkai Maru fired at enemy troops
PB Chohakusan Maru fired at enemy troops
PB Busho Maru fired at enemy troops
PB Akitsui Maru fired at enemy troops
Defensive Guns fire at approaching troops in landing craft at 2,000 yards

Allies Hold Ambon One More Day!

Ground combat at Ambon (76,109)

Attacking force 8661 troops, 84 guns, 16 vehicles, Assault Value = 218

Defending force 3141 troops, 32 guns, 1 vehicles, Assault Value = 61

Japanese adjusted assault: 136

Allied adjusted defense: 97

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 1 (fort level 1)

Combat modifiers
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
172 casualties reported

Squads: 0 destroyed, 18 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled

Allied ground losses:
225 casualties reported

Squads: 1 destroyed, 19 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 6 disabled

Assaulting units:
65th Brigade
5th Amphibious Brigade
9th Field AF Construction Battalion

Defending units:
Molukken Garrison Battalion
4th Coastal Gun Battalion
Ambon Base Force

Allies Hold Near Tandjoengselor One More Day!

Attacking force 1450 troops, 12 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 59

Defending force 384 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2

Japanese adjusted assault: 14

Japanese assault odds: 14 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), disruption(-), fatigue(-), experience(-)
supply(-)
Attacker: leaders(-), fatigue(-)

Allied ground losses:
28 casualties reported

Squads: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Assaulting units:
85th Naval Guard Unit

Defending units:
VII KNIL Battalion
Tarakan Base Force

Best Regards,

-Terry

(in reply to Rio Bravo)
Post #: 491
RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J) - 12/8/2015 1:41:33 AM   
Rio Bravo

Combat Report

for

May 21, 1942

Perhaps El Lobo is nervous about the Allies moving into Cox's Bazar?

Japanese Capture Sibolga:

Ground combat at Sibolga (44,79)

Attacking force 3632 troops, 26 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 187

Defending force 0 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 0

Japanese adjusted assault: 72

Japanese assault odds: 72 to 1 (fort level 1)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Sibolga !!!

Combat modifiers
Attacker: op mode(-)

Assaulting units:
41st Infantry Regiment
44th Naval Guard Unit

Japanese Amphibious Assaults Obi and Hex 87,53:

Amphibious Assault at Obi (77,106)

TF 342 troops unloading over beach at Obi, 77,106

Japanese ground losses:
31 casualties reported

Squads: 0 destroyed, 8 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 15 disabled
Guns lost 6 (0 destroyed, 6 disabled)

And Hex 87,53

Amphibious Assault at 87,53

TF 82 troops unloading over beach at 87,53

Japanese ground losses:
161 casualties reported

Squads: 2 destroyed, 36 disabled

17 troops of a SNLF Squad lost overboard during unload of 19th Nav Gd /1
17 troops of a SNLF Squad lost in surf during unload of 19th Nav Gd /4

Japanese Have no Honor:

Night Time Surface Combat, near Cox's Bazar at 54,43, Range 2,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
BB Hiei
BB Kirishima
CL Sendai
CL Naka
DD Kagero
DD Isokaze
DD Arashio
DD Natsugumo
DD Shigure
DD Hatsushima

Allied Ships
xAKL Palawan, Shell hits 15, and is sunk
...poor little Palawan

Japanese Ships Reported to be Approaching!
Allied TF begins to get underway
Poor visibility due to Thunderstorms with 39% moonlight
Maximum visibility in Thunderstorms and 39% moonlight: 2,000 yards
Range closes to 11,000 yards...
Range closes to 10,000 yards...
Range closes to 9,000 yards...
Range closes to 8,000 yards...
Range closes to 7,000 yards...
Range closes to 6,000 yards...
Range closes to 5,000 yards...
Range closes to 4,000 yards...
Range closes to 3,000 yards...
Range closes to 2,000 yards...
CONTACT: Japanese lookouts spot Allied task force at 2,000 yards
CONTACT: Allied lookouts spot Japanese task force at 2,000 yards
xAKL Palawan sunk by BB Kirishima at 2,000 yards
xAKL Palawan sunk by BB Kirishima at 2,000 yards
Combat ends with last Allied ship sunk...

Japanese Battleships Bombard Cox's Bazar:

Night Naval bombardment of Cox's Bazar at 54,43

Japanese Ships
BB Kirishima
BB Hiei

Allied ground losses:
14 casualties reported

Squads: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled

BB Kirishima firing at 4th NW Frontier Base Force
BB Hiei firing at 4th NW Frontier Base Force

Chinese Repel Japanese at Chihkiang!

Attacking force 48848 troops, 575 guns, 72 vehicles, Assault Value = 1479

Defending force 12435 troops, 133 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 206

Japanese adjusted assault: 687

Allied adjusted defense: 421

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), preparation(-), supply(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
700 casualties reported

Squads: 2 destroyed, 84 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 5 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 5 disabled

Allied ground losses:
901 casualties reported

Squads: 35 destroyed, 10 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 50 disabled
Guns lost 29 (15 destroyed, 14 disabled)

Assaulting units:
57th Infantry Brigade
3rd Division
39th Division
40th Division
55th Infantry Brigade
RGC Army
2nd JAAF AF Coy
21st Mortar Battalion
1st JAAF AF Coy
5th RF Gun Battalion
2nd RF Gun Battalion
67th JAAF AF Coy

Defending units:
10th Chinese Corps
74th Chinese Corps
17th Chinese Base Force
19th Group Army
29th Group Army

Best Regards,

-Terry

(in reply to Rio Bravo)
Post #: 492
RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J) - 12/9/2015 6:28:56 AM   
Rio Bravo

Combat Report

for

May 22, 1942

A good day for the Allies!

Georgetown Coastal Guns Dent xAK Iburi Maru!

11 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.

Japanese Ships
xAK Iburi Maru, Shell hits 1

xAK Nikki Maru
xAK Ada Maru
xAK Heian Maru
xAK Nissen Maru #3

9.2" CD Gun Battery engaging xAK Iburi Maru at 7,000 yards
xAK Nikki Maru fired at enemy troops
xAK Ada Maru fired at enemy troops
xAK Heian Maru fired at enemy troops

Georgetown Coastal Guns Light Up xAK Nissen Maru #3!

25 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.

Japanese Ships
xAK Iburi Maru
xAK Nikki Maru
xAK Ada Maru
xAK Heian Maru
xAK Nissen Maru #3, Shell hits 1, on fire
xAK Kaiko Maru

9.2" CD Gun Battery engaging xAK Iburi Maru at 7,000 yards
9.2" CD Gun battery firing at xAK Nissen Maru #3

Georgetown Coastal Guns Hammer Imizi Maru and xAK Iburi Maru!

10 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.

Japanese Ships
xAK Imizu Maru, Shell hits 1
xAK Iburi Maru, Shell hits 3, heavy fires, heavy damage

xAK Nikki Maru
xAK Ada Maru
xAK Heian Maru
xAK Nissen Maru #3

9.2" CD Gun Battery engaging xAK Imizu Maru at 5,000 yards
9.2" CD Gun Battery engaging xAK Iburi Maru at 5,000 yards
9.2" CD Gun Battery engaging xAK Iburi Maru at 5,000 yards

Chinese Slaughter Japanese Crossing the River Southeast of Chungking!

Ground combat at 77,47 (near Chungking)

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 67273 troops, 544 guns, 116 vehicles, Assault Value = 2432

Defending force 42998 troops, 259 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1553

Japanese adjusted assault: 1615

Allied adjusted defense: 1522

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 1

Combat modifiers
Attacker: shock(+), disruption(-)

Japanese ground losses:
3434 casualties reported

Squads: 24 destroyed, 680 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 43 disabled
Engineers: 3 destroyed, 85 disabled

Allied ground losses:
2223 casualties reported

Squads: 13 destroyed, 270 disabled
Non Combat: 3 destroyed, 36 disabled
Engineers: 1 destroyed, 7 disabled
Guns lost 17 (1 destroyed, 16 disabled)

Assaulting units:
34th Division
35th Division
13th Division
116th Division
61st Infantry Brigade
32nd Division
11th Army

Defending units:
37th Chinese Corps
14th Chinese Corps
28th Chinese Corps
46th Chinese Corps
49th Chinese Corps
7th New Chinese Corps
33rd Group Army
41st Chinese Corps
10th Group Army
22nd Group Army
92nd Chinese Corps

Best Regards,

-Terry

(in reply to Rio Bravo)
Post #: 493
RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J) - 12/10/2015 8:30:17 AM   
Rio Bravo

Combat Report

for

May 23, 1942

Japanese Capture Pontianak:

Attacking force 1913 troops, 26 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 52

Defending force 10 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1

Japanese adjusted assault: 39

Japanese assault odds: 39 to 1 (fort level 1)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Pontianak !!!

Allied aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft losses
B-339D: 1 destroyed

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+)
Attacker:

Allied ground losses:
13 casualties reported

Non Combat: 2 destroyed, 0 disabled
Units destroyed 1

Assaulting units:
87th Naval Guard Unit
88th Naval Guard Unit

Defending units:
Pontianak Base Force

Japanese Shove Chinese Around Near Kwelien:

Ground combat at 76,55 (near Kweilin)

Attacking force 19219 troops, 146 guns, 42 vehicles, Assault Value = 705

Defending force 2102 troops, 27 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 37

Japanese adjusted assault: 698

Allied adjusted defense: 28

Japanese assault odds: 24 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), fatigue(-), experience(-), supply(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
89 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 9 disabled

Allied ground losses:
945 casualties reported

Squads: 22 destroyed, 16 disabled
Non Combat: 43 destroyed, 17 disabled
Engineers: 3 destroyed, 7 disabled
Guns lost 24 (12 destroyed, 12 disabled)
Units retreated 2

Assaulting units:
104th Division
19th Ind.Mixed Brigade
1st RGC Route Brigade
23rd Army

Defending units:
86th Chinese Corps
16th Group Army

Japanese Bombard Chinese Near Tienshui:

Ground combat at 81,39 (near Tienshui)

Japanese Bombardment attack

Attacking force 38078 troops, 627 guns, 313 vehicles, Assault Value = 1042

Defending force 27268 troops, 133 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 725

Allied ground losses:
154 casualties reported

Squads: 3 destroyed, 19 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 3 disabled

Assaulting units:
37th Division
59th Infantry Brigade
7th Ind.Mixed Brigade
14th Division
1st Ind. Field Artillery Regiment
6th RF Gun Battalion
14th Medium Field Artillery Regiment
12th Ind.Art.Mortar Battalion
15th Ind.Medium Field Artillery Regiment
26th Field Artillery Regiment
4th Ind. Mountain Gun Regiment
13th Ind.Art.Mortar Battalion
11th Ind.Art.Mortar Battalion
Tonei Hvy Gun Regiment
15th Medium Field Artillery Regiment
10th Medium Field Artillery Regiment
11th Field Artillery Regiment

Defending units:
120th Red Chinese Division
13th Chinese Corps
77th Chinese Corps
71st Chinese Corps
129th Red Chinese Division
36th Chinese Corps
115th Red Chinese Division
79th Chinese Corps
6th War Area
14th Group Army
18th Group Army

Allies Dent Japanese Submarine Twice Off the Coast of Victoria!

ASW attack near Victoria at 207,52

Japanese Ships
SS I-1, hits 2

Allied Ships
AM Mirimichi

SS I-1 is sighted by escort
I-1 diving deep ....
AM Mirimichi fails to find sub, continues to search...
AM Mirimichi attacking submerged sub ....
SS I-1 eludes ASW attack from AM Mirimichi
Escort abandons search for sub

Chinese Hang Tough Near Ankang!

Ground combat at 82,43 (near Ankang)

Attacking force 6375 troops, 38 guns, 103 vehicles, Assault Value = 250

Defending force 5221 troops, 13 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 110

Japanese adjusted assault: 208

Allied adjusted defense: 202

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), leaders(+), morale(-), experience(-), supply(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
143 casualties reported

Squads: 0 destroyed, 12 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 2 disabled

Allied ground losses:
226 casualties reported

Squads: 0 destroyed, 16 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 18 disabled

Assaulting units:
9th Tank Regiment
8th Ind.Mixed Brigade

Defending units:
9th Chinese Corps
4th Group Army
38th Chinese Corps

Chinese Duck and Hold Chihkiang!

Attacking force 48448 troops, 575 guns, 72 vehicles, Assault Value = 1438

Defending force 11900 troops, 124 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 192

Japanese adjusted assault: 863

Allied adjusted defense: 544

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), preparation(-), experience(-), supply(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
204 casualties reported

Squads: 0 destroyed, 20 disabled
Engineers: 1 destroyed, 2 disabled

Allied ground losses:
1367 casualties reported

Squads: 63 destroyed, 34 disabled
Non Combat: 10 destroyed, 98 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 14 disabled
Guns lost 21 (10 destroyed, 11 disabled)

Assaulting units:
39th Division
40th Division
57th Infantry Brigade
3rd Division
55th Infantry Brigade
2nd JAAF AF Coy
21st Mortar Battalion
RGC Army
1st JAAF AF Coy
5th RF Gun Battalion
2nd RF Gun Battalion
67th JAAF AF Coy

Defending units:
10th Chinese Corps
74th Chinese Corps
19th Group Army
17th Chinese Base Force
29th Group Army

Best Regards,

-Terry

(in reply to Rio Bravo)
Post #: 494
RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J) - 12/10/2015 8:49:37 AM   
Rio Bravo

China

May 23, 1942

China is going fairly well, if you are an Evil Emperor.

As you can tell from reviewing the map below, the Chinese have been successful in surrounding, cutting off supply, and bottling-up the Japanese at the mountain pass Northeast of Sian.

Accordingly, El Lobo chose not to beat his head against a mountain wall and commenced a Southeastern approach toward Chungking. Chinese have marched south to intercept the Japanese war-mongering horde.

It is anticipated that Chungking will fall prior to the arrival of reinforcements from India.

Best Regards,

-Terry

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Rio Bravo -- 12/10/2015 9:50:52 AM >

(in reply to Rio Bravo)
Post #: 495
RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J) - 12/11/2015 5:34:27 PM   
Rio Bravo

Combat Report

for

May 24, 1942

The Evil Empire Captures Georgetown:

Ground combat at Georgetown (49,74)

Attacking force 3147 troops, 26 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 102

Defending force 2130 troops, 6 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 76

Japanese adjusted assault: 20

Allied adjusted defense: 4

Japanese assault odds: 5 to 1 (fort level 1)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Georgetown !!!

Combat modifiers
Defender: leaders(-), fatigue(-), morale(-), experience(-), supply(-)

Japanese ground losses:
22 casualties reported

Allied ground losses:
2896 casualties reported

Squads: 175 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 164 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 4 (4 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Units destroyed 5

Assaulting units:
55th Infantry Regiment

Defending units:
6th Indian Brigade
3rd SSVF Battalion
15th Indian Brigade
Penang Fortress
110th RAF Base Force

Chinese Kick Ass Near Chungking!

Attacking force 61412 troops, 544 guns, 116 vehicles, Assault Value = 1815

Defending force 41392 troops, 258 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1363

Japanese adjusted assault: 683

Allied adjusted defense: 985

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 2

Combat modifiers
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
3012 casualties reported

Squads: 6 destroyed, 243 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 13 disabled
Engineers: 1 destroyed, 27 disabled
Guns lost 19 (2 destroyed, 17 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
1466 casualties reported

Squads: 11 destroyed, 84 disabled
Non Combat: 3 destroyed, 23 disabled
Engineers: 1 destroyed, 11 disabled
Guns lost 23 (1 destroyed, 22 disabled)

Assaulting units:
34th Division
116th Division
61st Infantry Brigade
13th Division
35th Division
32nd Division
11th Army

Defending units:
49th Chinese Corps
28th Chinese Corps
46th Chinese Corps
37th Chinese Corps
14th Chinese Corps
7th New Chinese Corps
41st Chinese Corps
22nd Group Army
10th Group Army
33rd Group Army
92nd Chinese Corps

Best Regards,

-Terry

(in reply to Rio Bravo)
Post #: 496
RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J) - 12/11/2015 6:26:29 PM   
HansBolter

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

In response to your request for opinions on the choice of reinforcements fro PM, I would recommend the shuttle game of moving a WC reinforcement to Tahiti and the Tahiti garrison to PM.

If he hasn't already secured Psgo Pago then he is unlikely to be in a good position to exploit a temporary weakness at Tahiti, especially if you have his attention focused at NG.

The one draw back is the loss of prep the Tahiti defenders had for that locale compared to the arriving reinforcement.

I don't see this as a huge detriment as you are coming into a transition period where offensive prep is becoming more important than defensive prep.

Hans

(in reply to Rio Bravo)
Post #: 497
RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J) - 12/12/2015 9:40:03 AM   
Rio Bravo

quote:

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

In response to your request for opinions on the choice of reinforcements fro PM, I would recommend the shuttle game of moving a WC reinforcement to Tahiti and the Tahiti garrison to PM.

If he hasn't already secured Psgo Pago then he is unlikely to be in a good position to exploit a temporary weakness at Tahiti, especially if you have his attention focused at NG.

The one draw back is the loss of prep the Tahiti defenders had for that locale compared to the arriving reinforcement.

I don't see this as a huge detriment as you are coming into a transition period where offensive prep is becoming more important than defensive prep.

Hans-

I agree.

El Lobo hasn't made any attempt to take Pago Pago.

As more time passes, I think it is less likely that El Lobo intends to make any effort at taking Tahiti.

As always, thank you for your input.

Best Regards,

-Terry

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 498
RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J) - 12/12/2015 9:46:00 AM   
Rio Bravo

Combat Report

for

May 25, 1942

A slow day; a good day for the Allies.

Japanese Bomb Chinese Near Tienshui:

Attacking force 38400 troops, 627 guns, 313 vehicles, Assault Value = 1075

Defending force 26887 troops, 125 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 694

Allied ground losses:
67 casualties reported

Squads: 1 destroyed, 4 disabled

Assaulting units:
59th Infantry Brigade
7th Ind.Mixed Brigade
37th Division
14th Division
Tonei Hvy Gun Regiment
6th RF Gun Battalion

Defending units:
13th Chinese Corps
77th Chinese Corps
71st Chinese Corps
36th Chinese Corps
79th Chinese Corps
6th War Area
14th Group Army
18th Group Army

Allies Hold Makassar!

Ground combat at Makassar (65,106)

Attacking force 3477 troops, 41 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 108

Defending force 1554 troops, 15 guns, 1 vehicles, Assault Value = 60

Japanese adjusted assault: 47

Allied adjusted defense: 38

Japanese assault odds: 1 to 1 (fort level 3)

Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 2

Combat modifiers
Defender: forts(+), fatigue(-), morale(-), experience(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
35 casualties reported

Squads: 0 destroyed, 6 disabled

Allied ground losses:
203 casualties reported

Squads: 2 destroyed, 19 disabled

Assaulting units:
53rd Naval Guard Unit
62nd Naval Guard Unit
16th Naval Guard Unit
1st Sasebo SNLF Coy

Defending units:
Makassar Garrison Battalion
Makassar Base Force

Best Regards,

-Terry

(in reply to Rio Bravo)
Post #: 499
RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J) - 12/13/2015 6:18:38 PM   
Rio Bravo

Combat Report

for

May 26, 1942

Well, El Lobo has me a tad concerned at two locations.

First, the Allies have transports from Cape Town in route to Calcutta to drop off around 90,000 supply. Just off Trincomalee, ten Bettys attacked this convoy. None of the transports were hit, but they have a ways to go to drop off the supply and it seems will be passing through dangerous waters attempting to return to Cape Town.

Second, El Lobo Float Planes have discovered the Allied build-up at Amchitka and at Attu. Both the ports are at level 1. There are numerous Allied transport ships in harbor at both locations unloading infantry regiments, base forces, AA units, and construction units. These units are unloading very slowly. Should El Lobo get there anytime soon with war ships these transports will be easy pickings.

The good news is, perhaps El Lobo will view the build-up of Amchitka and Attu as a threat of an early Allied invasion of the Kurile Islands or Hokkaido and accordingly divert troops from the front to garrison bases on the Kurile Islands and Hokkaido.

El Lobo Captures Chihkiang:

Ground combat at Chihkiang(78,50)

Attacking force 48709 troops, 575 guns, 72 vehicles, Assault Value = 1465

Defending force 10928 troops, 109 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 159

Japanese adjusted assault: 1125

Allied adjusted defense: 442

Japanese assault odds: 2 to 1 (fort level 0)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Chihkiang !!!

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), preparation(-), experience(-), supply(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
419 casualties reported

Squads: 2 destroyed, 32 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 3 disabled

Allied ground losses:
3724 casualties reported

Squads: 123 destroyed, 10 disabled
Non Combat: 324 destroyed, 7 disabled
Engineers: 30 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 42 (36 destroyed, 6 disabled)
Units retreated 6
Units destroyed 1

Assaulting units:
57th Infantry Brigade
40th Division
39th Division
3rd Division
55th Infantry Brigade
5th RF Gun Battalion
21st Mortar Battalion
RGC Army
2nd RF Gun Battalion
2nd JAAF AF Coy
1st JAAF AF Coy
67th JAAF AF Coy

Defending units:
10th Chinese Corps
74th Chinese Corps
17th Chinese Base Force
19th Group Army
29th Group Army

Japanese Bettys Bomb Allied Supply Convoy Near Trincomalee:

Afternoon Air attack on TF, near Trincomalee at 32,51

Weather in hex: Moderate rain

Raid spotted at 19 NM, estimated altitude 7,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 6 minutes

Japanese aircraft
G4M1 Betty x 10

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
xAK San Alvaro
xAK Itinda
xAK Lulworth Hill

Aircraft Attacking:
10 x G4M1 Betty bombing from 5000 feet
Naval Attack: 2 x 250 kg SAP Bomb, 4 x 60 kg GP Bomb

Georgetown Mine Heavily Damages Japanese PB Tokihime Maru:

TF 99 encounters mine field at Georgetown (49,74)

Japanese Ships
SC Ch 9
SC Ch 8
PB Tokihime Maru, Mine hits 1, on fire, heavy damage

2 mines cleared

Chinese Punish Japanese Southeast of Chungking!

Attacking force 59645 troops, 544 guns, 116 vehicles, Assault Value = 1632

Defending force 40074 troops, 257 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1213

Japanese adjusted assault: 948

Allied adjusted defense: 1363

Combat modifiers
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
2528 casualties reported

Squads: 8 destroyed, 245 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 15 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 15 disabled

Allied ground losses:
1986 casualties reported

Squads: 15 destroyed, 103 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 34 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 14 disabled
Guns lost 29 (3 destroyed, 26 disabled)

Assaulting units:
61st Infantry Brigade
35th Division
13th Division
34th Division
116th Division
32nd Division
11th Army

Defending units:
28th Chinese Corps
46th Chinese Corps
14th Chinese Corps
49th Chinese Corps
37th Chinese Corps
7th New Chinese Corps
33rd Group Army
22nd Group Army
10th Group Army
92nd Chinese Corps

Chinese Hold Their Ground Another Day Near Ankang!

Ground combat at 82,43 (near Ankang)

Attacking force 6326 troops, 38 guns, 103 vehicles, Assault Value = 245

Defending force 4999 troops, 13 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 95

Japanese adjusted assault: 184

Allied adjusted defense: 196

Combat modifiers
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
147 casualties reported

Squads: 1 destroyed, 15 disabled

Allied ground losses:
114 casualties reported

Squads: 0 destroyed, 7 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 7 disabled

Assaulting units:
9th Tank Regiment
8th Ind.Mixed Brigade

Defending units:
9th Chinese Corps
4th Group Army
38th Chinese Corps

Allies Hold Their Ground at Ambon, at Makassar, and near Tandjoengselor!

At Ambon

Attacking force 9052 troops, 84 guns, 16 vehicles, Assault Value = 236

Defending force 2976 troops, 32 guns, 1 vehicles, Assault Value = 44

Japanese adjusted assault: 148

Allied adjusted defense: 76

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), forts(+), leaders(+), leaders(-), morale(-)
experience(-)
Attacker: fatigue(-)

Japanese ground losses:
154 casualties reported

Squads: 0 destroyed, 16 disabled

Allied ground losses:
111 casualties reported

Squads: 3 destroyed, 7 disabled

Assaulting units:
65th Brigade
5th Amphibious Brigade

Defending units:
Ambon Base Force

At Makassar

Attacking force 3509 troops, 41 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 107

Defending force 1374 troops, 15 guns, 1 vehicles, Assault Value = 41

Japanese adjusted assault: 45

Allied adjusted defense: 14

Japanese assault odds: 3 to 1 (fort level 2)

Japanese Assault reduces fortifications to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: forts(+), fatigue(-), morale(-), experience(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
86 casualties reported

Squads: 0 destroyed, 11 disabled

Allied ground losses:
124 casualties reported

Squads: 0 destroyed, 19 disabled

Assaulting units:
16th Naval Guard Unit
53rd Naval Guard Unit
62nd Naval Guard Unit
1st Sasebo SNLF Coy

Defending units:
Makassar Base Force

Near Tandjoengselor

Attacking force 1468 troops, 12 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 61

Defending force 268 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2

Japanese adjusted assault: 57

Japanese assault odds: 57 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), fatigue(-), experience(-), supply(-)
Attacker:

Allied ground losses:
24 casualties reported

Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 2 disabled

Assaulting units:
85th Naval Guard Unit

Defending units:
VII KNIL Battalion
Tarakan Base Force

Best Regards,

-Terry

(in reply to Rio Bravo)
Post #: 500
RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J) - 12/14/2015 7:38:07 AM   
Rio Bravo

Combat Report

for

May 27, 1942

Much Like the man that fell out of his 13th story apartment window, on the way down other tenants hollered out, "How's it going." To which, the falling man replied, "So far, so good."

The supply convoy to Calcutta and the ships unloading ground forces at Attu and Amchitka, made it through the day without incident.

Allies Hold Their Ground Near Tandjoengselor!

Defending force 224 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2

Japanese adjusted assault: 15

Japanese assault odds: 15 to 1

Combat modifiers
supply(-)

Allied ground losses:
12 casualties reported

Non Combat: 2 destroyed, 0 disabled

Assaulting units:
85th Naval Guard Unit

Defending units:
VII KNIL Battalion
Tarakan Base Force

Best Regards,

-Terry

(in reply to Rio Bravo)
Post #: 501
RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J) - 12/15/2015 10:23:13 AM   
Rio Bravo

Combat Report

for

May 28, 1942

Another slow day. I am wondering what El Lobo is planning. Something is up, that's for sure.

Attacking force 40513 troops, 823 guns, 415 vehicles, Assault Value = 1086

Defending force 26738 troops, 105 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 693

Allied ground losses:
213 casualties reported

Squads: 7 destroyed, 8 disabled

Assaulting units:
59th Infantry Brigade
37th Division
7th Ind.Mixed Brigade
14th Division
7th RF Gun Battalion
1st Mortar Battalion
2nd Medium Field Artillery Regiment
20th Medium Field Artillery Regiment
6th RF Gun Battalion
2nd Ind. Mountain Gun Regiment
3rd RF Gun Battalion
Tonei Hvy Gun Regiment
12th Medium Field Artillery Regiment

Defending units:
36th Chinese Corps
77th Chinese Corps
13th Chinese Corps
71st Chinese Corps
79th Chinese Corps
14th Group Army
6th War Area
18th Group Army

Allies Hold Their Ground near Tandjoengselor!

Defending force 209 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 2

Combat modifiers
supply(-)

Allied ground losses:
20 casualties reported

Non Combat: 3 destroyed, 0 disabled
Units destroyed 1

Assaulting units:
85th Naval Guard Unit

Defending units:
VII KNIL Battalion
Tarakan Base Force

Best Regards,

-Terry

(in reply to Rio Bravo)
Post #: 502
RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J) - 12/16/2015 4:53:40 AM   
Rio Bravo

Combat Report

for

May 29, 1942

Japanese Gun Ships sink Allied Troop Convoy off Cocos Island. A Base Force and three AA Regiments drown. Future convoys to India will divert further West in an attempt to avoid the Japanese gun Ships.

Japanese Capture Makassar:

Attacking force 3735 troops, 41 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 119

Defending force 1282 troops, 15 guns, 1 vehicles, Assault Value = 26

Japanese adjusted assault: 54

Allied adjusted defense: 10

Japanese assault odds: 5 to 1 (fort level 1)

Japanese forces CAPTURE Makassar !!!

Combat modifiers
Defender: fatigue(-), morale(-), experience(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
196 casualties reported

Squads: 2 destroyed, 21 disabled

Allied ground losses:
679 casualties reported

Squads: 31 destroyed, 6 disabled
Non Combat: 59 destroyed, 6 disabled
Engineers: 6 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 12 (12 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Vehicles lost 1 (1 destroyed, 0 disabled)
Units retreated 1
Units destroyed 1

Assaulting units:
16th Naval Guard Unit
53rd Naval Guard Unit
62nd Naval Guard Unit
1st Sasebo SNLF Coy

Defending units:
Makassar Base Force

Attacking force 5685 troops, 518 guns, 277 vehicles, Assault Value = 1090

Defending force 26422 troops, 100 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 669

Allied ground losses:
43 casualties reported

Squads: 0 destroyed, 5 disabled

Assaulting units:
37th Division
7th Ind.Mixed Brigade
59th Infantry Brigade
14th Division
Tonei Hvy Gun Regiment
3rd RF Gun Battalion
6th RF Gun Battalion
1st Mortar Battalion
7th RF Gun Battalion

Defending units:
13th Chinese Corps
36th Chinese Corps
77th Chinese Corps
71st Chinese Corps
79th Chinese Corps
6th War Area
14th Group Army
18th Group Army

Japanese Combat Ships Devastate Allied Troop Convoy Off Cocos Island:

Night Time Surface Combat, near Cocos Islands at 32,105, Range 11,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
CA Mogami
CA Mikuma
CA Suzuya
CA Kumano
DD Maikaze
DD Nowaki
DD Arashi

Allied Ships
DD Rathburne
xAK Clan Mactavish, Shell hits 7, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAK Elysia, Shell hits 6, heavy fires
xAK Hauraki, Shell hits 4, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
xAK Karoa, Shell hits 5, on fire
xAK Khandalla, Shell hits 7, on fire
xAK Maldive, Shell hits 4, on fire

xAK Masula

Allied ground losses:
584 casualties reported

Non Combat: 66 destroyed, 65 disabled
Guns lost 117 (89 destroyed, 28 disabled)
Vehicles lost 62 (47 destroyed, 15 disabled)

Improved night sighting under 100% moonlight
Maximum visibility in Clear Conditions and 100% moonlight: 12,000 yards
Range closes to 21,000 yards...
Range closes to 19,000 yards...
Range closes to 17,000 yards...
Range closes to 15,000 yards...
Range closes to 13,000 yards...
Range closes to 11,000 yards...
CONTACT: Japanese lookouts spot Allied task force at 11,000 yards
CONTACT: Allied lookouts spot Japanese task force at 11,000 yards
DD Nowaki engages DD Rathburne at 11,000 yards
CA Suzuya engages DD Rathburne at 11,000 yards
CA Mikuma engages DD Rathburne at 11,000 yards
CA Mikuma engages xAK Khandalla at 11,000 yards
DD Nowaki engages xAK Hauraki at 11,000 yards
DD Maikaze engages xAK Elysia at 11,000 yards
DD Maikaze engages xAK Clan Mactavish at 11,000 yards
Range closes to 10,000 yards
DD Nowaki engages DD Rathburne at 10,000 yards
CA Suzuya engages xAK Khandalla at 10,000 yards
DD Nowaki engages DD Rathburne at 10,000 yards
DD Maikaze engages DD Rathburne at 10,000 yards
CA Mikuma engages xAK Clan Mactavish at 10,000 yards
Range closes to 8,000 yards
DD Nowaki engages DD Rathburne at 8,000 yards
CA Suzuya engages xAK Khandalla at 8,000 yards
CA Mikuma engages xAK Hauraki at 8,000 yards
CA Mogami engages xAK Khandalla at 8,000 yards
CA Mikuma engages xAK Karoa at 8,000 yards
DD Nowaki engages DD Rathburne at 8,000 yards
DD Maikaze engages DD Rathburne at 8,000 yards
DD Maikaze engages xAK Clan Mactavish at 8,000 yards
Range closes to 6,000 yards
CA Kumano engages xAK Hauraki at 6,000 yards
CA Suzuya engages xAK Khandalla at 6,000 yards
CA Mikuma engages xAK Maldive at 6,000 yards
DD Nowaki engages xAK Karoa at 6,000 yards
DD Nowaki engages DD Rathburne at 6,000 yards
DD Nowaki engages xAK Elysia at 6,000 yards
DD Maikaze engages xAK Clan Mactavish at 6,000 yards
CA Mikuma engages xAK Maldive at 6,000 yards
CA Mogami engages xAK Elysia at 6,000 yards
DD Maikaze engages xAK Karoa at 6,000 yards
xAK Hauraki sunk by CA Kumano at 6,000 yards
DD Rathburne engages DD Maikaze at 6,000 yards
DD Nowaki engages xAK Clan Mactavish at 6,000 yards
Range increases to 8,000 yards
DD Rathburne engages CA Kumano at 8,000 yards
CA Suzuya engages xAK Karoa at 8,000 yards
DD Nowaki engages xAK Maldive at 8,000 yards
CA Mogami engages xAK Clan Mactavish at 8,000 yards
DD Arashi engages xAK Khandalla at 8,000 yards
Allied Task Force Manages to Escape
Task forces break off...

And at 12,000 Yards

Night Time Surface Combat, near Cocos Islands at 32,104, Range 12,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
CA Mogami
CA Mikuma
CA Suzuya
CA Kumano
DD Maikaze
DD Nowaki
DD Arashi

Allied Ships
DD Rathburne, Shell hits 6, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
xAK Masula, Shell hits 16, and is sunk

Allied ground losses:
277 casualties reported

Non Combat: 27 destroyed, 46 disabled
Guns lost 75 (31 destroyed, 44 disabled)
Vehicles lost 36 (13 destroyed, 23 disabled)

Improved night sighting under 100% moonlight
Maximum visibility in Clear Conditions and 100% moonlight: 12,000 yards
CONTACT: Japanese lookouts spot Allied task force at 12,000 yards
CONTACT: Allied lookouts spot Japanese task force at 12,000 yards
Kurita, Takao crosses the 'T'
DD Nowaki engages DD Rathburne at 12,000 yards
CA Suzuya engages DD Rathburne at 12,000 yards
DD Maikaze engages DD Rathburne at 12,000 yards
CA Kumano engages DD Rathburne at 12,000 yards
DD Nowaki engages DD Rathburne at 12,000 yards
Range closes to 10,000 yards
CA Kumano engages DD Rathburne at 10,000 yards
CA Mikuma engages DD Rathburne at 10,000 yards
CA Mogami engages DD Rathburne at 10,000 yards
DD Maikaze engages DD Rathburne at 10,000 yards
CA Kumano engages DD Rathburne at 6,000 yards
CA Mikuma engages xAK Masula at 6,000 yards
CA Mogami engages DD Rathburne at 6,000 yards
DD Rathburne engages DD Nowaki at 6,000 yards
DD Arashi engages DD Rathburne at 6,000 yards
DD Nowaki engages xAK Masula at 6,000 yards
CA Mogami engages DD Rathburne at 6,000 yards
DD Nowaki engages xAK Masula at 6,000 yards
DD Arashi engages xAK Masula at 6,000 yards
CA Mikuma engages DD Rathburne at 6,000 yards
Range increases to 7,000 yards
CA Kumano engages xAK Masula at 7,000 yards
DD Arashi engages xAK Masula at 7,000 yards
DD Arashi engages DD Rathburne at 7,000 yards
DD Rathburne engages DD Nowaki at 7,000 yards
DD Rathburne sunk by CA Suzuya at 6,000 yards
Range closes to 5,000 yards
CA Kumano engages xAK Masula at 5,000 yards
DD Arashi engages xAK Masula at 5,000 yards
CA Suzuya engages xAK Masula at 5,000 yards

And During the Day at 22,000 Yards

Day Time Surface Combat, near Cocos Islands at 33,106, Range 22,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
CA Mogami, Shell hits 1

CA Mikuma
CA Suzuya
CA Kumano
DD Maikaze
DD Nowaki
DD Arashi

Allied Ships
xAK Elysia, Shell hits 12, and is sunk
xAK Karoa, Shell hits 12, and is sunk
xAK Khandalla, Shell hits 10, and is sunk
xAK Maldive, Shell hits 30, and is sunk

Allied ground losses:
2841 casualties reported

Non Combat: 255 destroyed, 344 disabled
Engineers: 4 destroyed, 4 disabled
Guns lost 206 (152 destroyed, 54 disabled)
Vehicles lost 176 (143 destroyed, 33 disabled)

Maximum visibility in Clear Conditions: 30,000 yards
CONTACT: Japanese lookouts spot Allied task force at 22,000 yards
Japanese open fire on surprised Allied ships at 22,000 yards
CA Kumano launches Long Lance Torpedoes at xAK Elysia at 22,000 yards
CA Kumano fires at xAK Khandalla at 22,000 yards
CA Mikuma launches Long Lance Torpedoes at xAK Khandalla at 22,000 yards
CA Mogami launches Long Lance Torpedoes at xAK Elysia at 22,000 yards
Range closes to 21,000 yards
CA Kumano engages xAK Khandalla at 21,000 yards
CA Mikuma engages xAK Elysia at 21,000 yards
CA Mogami engages xAK Elysia at 21,000 yards
Range closes to 19,000 yards
CA Kumano engages xAK Maldive at 19,000 yards
CA Suzuya engages xAK Elysia at 19,000 yards
CA Mikuma engages xAK Elysia at 19,000 yards
CA Kumano engages xAK Elysia at 19,000 yards
DD Arashi engages xAK Khandalla at 19,000 yards
DD Nowaki engages xAK Elysia at 19,000 yards
DD Maikaze engages xAK Elysia at 19,000 yards
Range closes to 18,000 yards
xAK Elysia sunk by CA Kumano at 18,000 yards
CA Kumano engages xAK Khandalla at 18,000 yards
CA Mogami engages xAK Maldive at 18,000 yards
DD Arashi engages xAK Khandalla at 18,000 yards
Range closes to 15,000 yards
CA Mikuma engages xAK Karoa at 15,000 yards
DD Nowaki engages xAK Maldive at 15,000 yards
DD Maikaze engages xAK Khandalla at 15,000 yards
Range closes to 13,000 yards
DD Nowaki engages xAK Maldive at 13,000 yards
xAK Khandalla sunk by CA Kumano at 13,000 yards
CA Mikuma engages xAK Maldive at 13,000 yards
CA Mogami engages xAK Maldive at 13,000 yards
DD Arashi engages xAK Maldive at 13,000 yards
DD Maikaze engages xAK Maldive at 13,000 yards
Range closes to 12,000 yards
CA Kumano engages xAK Karoa at 12,000 yards
CA Mogami engages xAK Maldive at 12,000 yards
DD Nowaki engages xAK Maldive at 12,000 yards
DD Maikaze engages xAK Maldive at 12,000 yards
Range closes to 11,000 yards
CA Suzuya engages xAK Maldive at 11,000 yards
CA Mogami engages xAK Maldive at 11,000 yards
DD Arashi engages xAK Karoa at 11,000 yards
DD Nowaki engages xAK Karoa at 11,000 yards
DD Maikaze engages xAK Maldive at 11,000 yards
Range closes to 9,000 yards
DD Nowaki engages xAK Maldive at 9,000 yards
DD Arashi engages xAK Karoa at 9,000 yards
xAK Maldive sunk by CA Mogami at 9,000 yards
DD Arashi engages xAK Karoa at 9,000 yards
Range increases to 10,000 yards
DD Maikaze engages xAK Karoa at 10,000 yards
Range closes to 8,000 yards
xAK Karoa sunk by CA Mikuma at 8,000 yards

SS Tarpon Gets One Near Toyohara!

Submarine attack near Toyohara at 125,48

Japanese Ships
xAK Glasgow Maru, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage

Allied Ships
SS Tarpon

xAK Glasgow Maru is sighted by SS Tarpon
SS Tarpon launches 2 torpedoes at xAK Glasgow Maru

Chinese Butcher Japanese Near Cungking!

Attacking force 58525 troops, 544 guns, 116 vehicles, Assault Value = 1512

Defending force 38612 troops, 251 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1034

Japanese adjusted assault: 947

Allied adjusted defense: 1162

Combat modifiers
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
3088 casualties reported

Squads: 4 destroyed, 298 disabled
Non Combat: 2 destroyed, 23 disabled
Engineers: 1 destroyed, 35 disabled

Allied ground losses:
1185 casualties reported

Squads: 5 destroyed, 149 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 22 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 10 disabled
Guns lost 16 (1 destroyed, 15 disabled)

Assaulting units:
116th Division
34th Division
13th Division
35th Division
61st Infantry Brigade
32nd Division
11th Army

Defending units:
28th Chinese Corps
46th Chinese Corps
49th Chinese Corps
37th Chinese Corps
14th Chinese Corps
7th New Chinese Corps
33rd Group Army
22nd Group Army
10th Group Army
92nd Chinese Corps

Allies Hold Ambon!

Attacking force 9153 troops, 84 guns, 16 vehicles, Assault Value = 238

Defending force 2883 troops, 32 guns, 1 vehicles, Assault Value = 38

Japanese adjusted assault: 113

Allied adjusted defense: 67

Combat modifiers
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
98 casualties reported

Squads: 0 destroyed, 10 disabled

Allied ground losses:
147 casualties reported

Squads: 6 destroyed, 9 disabled

Assaulting units:
65th Brigade
5th Amphibious Brigade

Defending units:
Ambon Base Force

Allies Hold Near Tandjoengselor!

Attacking force 1463 troops, 12 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 61

Defending force 184 troops, 0 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), leaders(+), disruption(-), fatigue(-)
experience(-), supply(-)

Allied ground losses:
10 casualties reported

Assaulting units:
85th Naval Guard Unit

Defending units:
Tarakan Base Force

Best REgards,

-Terry

(in reply to Rio Bravo)
Post #: 503
RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J) - 12/17/2015 4:36:52 PM   
Rio Bravo

Combat Report

for

May 30, 1942

Japanese Amphibious Assault at Djemadja:

Amphibious Assault at Djemadja (53,83)

TF 205 troops unloading over beach at Djemadja, 53,83

Japanese ground losses:
140 casualties reported

Squads: 1 destroyed, 11 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 18 disabled
Guns lost 1 (0 destroyed, 1 disabled)

17 troops of a SNLF Squad lost from landing craft during unload of 63rd Nav Gd /5

Japanese Continue to Relentlessly Bombard Chinese Near Tienshui:

Attacking force 5685 troops, 518 guns, 277 vehicles, Assault Value = 1094

Defending force 26368 troops, 98 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 666

Allied ground losses:
75 casualties reported

Squads: 0 destroyed, 5 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 1 disabled
Guns lost 2 (1 destroyed, 1 disabled)

Assaulting units:
7th Ind.Mixed Brigade
37th Division
59th Infantry Brigade
14th Division
7th RF Gun Battalion
6th RF Gun Battalion
1st Mortar Battalion
Tonei Hvy Gun Regiment
3rd RF Gun Battalion

Defending units:
36th Chinese Corps
13th Chinese Corps
71st Chinese Corps
77th Chinese Corps
79th Chinese Corps
14th Group Army
6th War Area
18th Group Army

Allied AM Dents Japanese Sub Near Pearl Harbor!

ASW attack near Pearl Harbor at 183,104

Japanese Ships
SS I-4, hits 1

Allied Ships
AM Rail

SS I-4 is located by AM Rail
AM Rail fails to find sub, continues to search...
AM Rail attacking submerged sub ....
AM Rail cannot reach attack position over SS I-4
AM Rail cannot establish contact with SS I-4
Escort abandons search for sub

Best Regards,

-Terry

(in reply to Rio Bravo)
Post #: 504
RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J) - 12/18/2015 9:12:21 AM   
Rio Bravo

Combat Report

for

May 31, 1942

It was a very slow day. There is nothing significant to report. The only action that took place were two Japanese aircraft bombardment of Allied bases in the DEI and Ambon artillery bombarded the Japanese at Ambon with zero success.

Best Regards,

-Terry

(in reply to Rio Bravo)
Post #: 505
RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J) - 12/18/2015 10:05:08 AM   
Rio Bravo

Month End Report

to The War College

May 31, 1942

The Allies

During the month of May, 1942, the Allies grew stronger in India, Australia, the Gulf of Alaska, and the Aleutian Islands.

In India, troops were deployed further South. III Indian Corps moved into Calcutta. I Australia Corps moved into Chittagong. The Eastern Army and ABDA forces are marching into Burma to garrison Akyab.

In Australia, the U.S. Army units that were earmarked to join U.S. Army forces in India moved from Wagga Wagga and Bathurst to Melbourne, and have steadily boarded transports bound for India. Elements of The First and Second Marine Divisions have arrived in Australia to garrison Wagga Wagga and Bathurst. Marine Defense Battalions, Raider Battalions, Parachute Battalions, FA Battalions, Tank Battalions, and an Engineer Regiment have joined or soon will be joining the First and Second Marine Divisions.

In Alaska, the Allies have expanded from Anchorage, Whittier, Seward, and Kodiak to now also garrison Attu, Amchitka, Adak, and Dutch Harbor. Each of the eight Alaskan bases have a minimum of one Infantry Regiment, one Base Force, and one AA Regiment. There are also a few Construction Regiments, two Combat Engineer Battalions, one SeaBee, and one Port Service in the Alaskan sector. The smallest base has 126 AV.

A detailed report regarding the troop and aircraft deployment in India, Australia, and Alaska will be provided to The War College along with the Fort, Port, and aircraft capacity build-up for these areas within the next week.

The Evil Empire

El Lobo slowly and methodically expanded his Empire.

The Japanese have all of Malaya, the Philippines, Borneo, the Celebs, Sumatra, and those evil bandits are now systematically taking over the Banda and Timor Sea areas. Additionally, the Japanese have most of China and are pressing hard to take all of China.

And, a few days ago a Japanese Combat Surface Fleet engaged an Allied troop convoy and sunk every ship (one destroyer and 7 xAKs) along with an Allied Base Force and three AA Regiments.

End Note

Below are the statistics by the numbers.

Best Regards,

-Terry

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Rio Bravo)
Post #: 506
RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J) - 12/18/2015 10:12:14 AM   
Rio Bravo

Strategic Map

May 31, 1942

Best Regards,

-Terry

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Rio Bravo)
Post #: 507
RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J) - 12/18/2015 11:11:04 AM   
HansBolter

Something appears seriously flawed in that intelligence report.

How can your opponent have -9 air to air losses both for the day and for the campaign to date?

Hans

(in reply to Rio Bravo)
Post #: 508
RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J) - 12/18/2015 9:43:52 PM   
Rio Bravo

quote:

Something appears seriously flawed in that intelligence report.

How can your opponent have -9 air to air losses both for the day and for the campaign to date?

Hans-

Got me. I haven't a clue. Often I have wondered about the intelligence report, trying to make sense of how it scores points.

Perhaps it will clear it up next turn. I'll keep an eye on it and let you know if the -9 numbers change.

Best Regards,

-Terry

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 509
RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J) - 12/18/2015 10:48:35 PM   
Rio Bravo

Alaska and Prince Rupert

Troop Deployment

June 1, 1942

Opening Note

This is an update to The War College regarding the troop deployment and base build-up of Alaska and Prince Rupert.

In addition, 130 aircraft are in Alaska and eleven short-winded submarines are in route from Wake Island to Adak Island.

A map depicting the furthest reaching islands of the Aleutian Island chain is below.

Troop Deployment

Attu Island

175 AV

Port 1 (2%)
Air 0
Fort 0

Supply 2,337
Fuel 1,000

ENG 220 USN BF
ENG 2/151 Combat Eng. Bn.
AA 97 Cst. AA Rgt.
INF 148 Inf. Rgt.

Amchitka Island

125 AV

Port 1 (59%)
Air 0
Fort 0

Supply 27,144
Fuel 593

ENG 111 USN BF
ENG 1 USN SeaBees
ENG B Det. Port Service
AA 95 Cst. AA Rgt.
INF 58 (Sep) Rgt.

Adak Island

163 AV

Port 3
Air 1 (4%)
Fort 3 (10%)

Supply 31,278
Fuel 18,233

ENG 175 USAAF BF
ENG 42 Construction Rgt.
ENG 1/151 Combat Eng. Bn.
AA 503 Cst. AA Rgt.
INF 147 (Sep) Inf. Rgt.

Dutch Harbor

162 AV

Port 3
Air 0 (7%)
Fort 3

Supply 48,608
Fuel 11,220

HQ North Pacific
ENG 137 USA BF
ENG 110 Combat Eng. Bn.
AA 501 Cst. AA Rgt.
INF 24 (Sep) Inf. Rgt.

Kodiak Island

125 AV

Port 3
Air 3
Fort 4 (44%)

Supply 54,521
Fuel 26,084

ENG 107 USN BF
AA 203 Cst. AA Rgt.
AA 215 Cst. AA Rgt.
INF 201 (Sep) Inf. Rgt.

Seward

166 AV

Port 3
Air 2
Fort 4 (10%)

Supply 4,416
Fuel 3,657

ENG 103 USN BF
ENG 108 USN BF
CD 250 Cst. ART Rgt.
AA 30 Cst. AA Rgt.
AA 210 Cst. AA Rgt.
ART 4 FA Bn.
ART 154 FA Bn.
ART 209 FA Bn.
INF 2/153 Inf. Bn.
INF 138 (Sep) Inf. Rgt.

Whittier

210 AV

Port 1
Air 1
Fort 3 (43%)

Supply 2,111
Fuel 1,000

ENG 133 USAAF BF
INF H/153 Inf. Co.
INF 1/102 Inf. Bn.
INF 1/153 Inf. Bn.
INF 53 (Sep) Inf. Bn.

Anchorage

144 AV

Port 3
Air 6
Fort 3 (69%)

Supply 32,456
Fuel 66,704

HQc Alaska Def. Cmd.
HQa Eleventh USAAF
ENG 121 USAAF BF
ENG 813 EAB
AA 75 Cst. AA Rgt.
ART 81 FA Bn.
INF 4 (Sep) Inf. Rgt.

Prince Rupert

453 AV

Port 7
Air 2
Fort 3 (64%)

Supply 50,247
Fuel 290,412

ENG 122 USAAF BF
ENG RCAF OTU Edm.
CD RCN P.R. Fort
ART 144 FA Rgt.
INF Rky. Mtn. Inf. Bn.
INF 14 Canadian Inf. Bde.
INF 16 Canadian Inf. Bde.
INF 145 Inf. Rgt.

*The 145th Infantry Regiment is waiting to load on transport ships bound for Kodiak Island.

**The 40th and 41st Canadian (Militia) Brigades are on the train heading for Prince Rupert.

Best Regards,

-Terry

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Rio Bravo)
Post #: 510
Page:   <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: THE WAR COLLEGE-Rio Bravo (A) v. El Lobo (J) Page: <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI