Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 10/31/2015 5:30:03 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla

I'm finishing up work on the manual, kind of HOW-TO section where I explain how to move a personnel stack, how to fire support weapon, ordnance, vehicle etc. So yes, it's coming; the game is essentially done and beta tested. Scenarios are done, tutorial videos are currently being made and manual is almost there. Waiting for the game box art, that will need to be added into the game.

That's good to hear!

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 211
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 11/15/2015 12:02:26 AM   
Peter Fisla

The manual is done, I have just submitted it to the publisher. It's getting there guys :) Waiting for the final game box art ( I have seen and reviewed the draft version of the box art and I think, it looks really great) , I will need to update the game, it shouldn't take long after that :)

< Message edited by Peter Fisla -- 11/15/2015 1:32:39 AM >

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 212
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 11/15/2015 5:45:15 PM   
rickier65

quote:

The manual is done, I have just submitted it to the publisher. It's getting there guys :) Waiting for the final game box art ( I have seen and reviewed the draft version of the box art and I think, it looks really great) , I will need to update the game, it shouldn't take long after that :)

Any chance of a preview of the manual? I hope this will be released soon.

Thanks
Rick

Post #: 213
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 11/15/2015 10:02:44 PM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick

quote:

Any chance of a preview of the manual? I hope this will be released soon.

Thanks
Rick

Rick,

The Matrix Games/Slitherine professional writer will take my draft copy of the manual and produce professional looking manual. My draft version has 21k words, 76 pages (just pure text) and I have submitted 105 screenshots for the manual. The manual is in hands of of the publisher, I'm not sure they will release it in a preview form. However, we are really getting close.

Cheers!

Peter

< Message edited by Peter Fisla -- 11/15/2015 11:03:14 PM >

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 214
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 11/16/2015 1:10:31 AM   
demyansk

Great graphics, can't believe the stuff that we thought was great, I think I owned the first one or the game on the Western Front, can't remember the name, similar to this.
http://www.hpssims.com/Pages/products/TOP/tigers.html
Panthers in the Shadows

< Message edited by demjansk -- 11/16/2015 2:12:47 AM >

Post #: 215
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 11/16/2015 2:35:45 AM   
KEYSTONE0795

quote:

ORIGINAL: demjansk

Great graphics, can't believe the stuff that we thought was great, I think I owned the first one or the game on the Western Front, can't remember the name, similar to this.
http://www.hpssims.com/Pages/products/TOP/tigers.html
Panthers in the Shadows

Didn't look good but the game play was GREAT! One of those let me play "one more turn" before I go to bed.

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 216
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 11/16/2015 12:07:22 PM   
Peter Fisla

I'm a big fan of Tifers on the Prowl 2 and Panthers in the Shadows, I still play the games once in a while ;) I do testing for HPS Tigers Unleashed.

(in reply to KEYSTONE0795)
Post #: 217
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 11/16/2015 12:16:06 PM   
KEYSTONE0795

quote:

I'm a big fan of Tifers on the Prowl 2 and Panthers in the Shadows, I still play the games once in a while ;) I do testing for HPS Tigers Unleashed.

Yup, I still try to help Scott out by reporting issues with Tigers Unleashed.

Post #: 218
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 11/16/2015 11:15:09 PM   
giffin

quote:

Looks like this game may make it in time for Christmas!

Post #: 219
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 11/17/2015 8:00:01 AM   
rickier65

Yes, I also played and enjoyed Tigers on the Prowl though I didn't get the followup game. I'm looking forward to seeing Tigers on the Hunt.

Rick

(in reply to giffin)
Post #: 220
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 11/17/2015 9:36:45 AM   
demyansk

Me too hope some screen shots

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 221
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 11/17/2015 12:42:45 PM   
Peter Fisla

I just approved the final box art image (It looks great!), Slitherine will need some time to create professional manual so I'm not sure we will make it for Christmas but we are close now ;)

< Message edited by Peter Fisla -- 11/17/2015 1:45:30 PM >

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 222
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 11/19/2015 5:41:07 PM   
frighteningfred

Im very interested in playtesting this. I am an ASL gamer and love all things tactical. From Boardgames to PC. I would love to have the opportunity.
Thank you in advance
Sean Druelinger

Post #: 223
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 11/19/2015 5:51:53 PM   
Peter Fisla

Hi Sean,

I'm not sure matrix games/Slitherine is accepting beta testers anymore as we are very close to release, you will get your chance to play the game soon.

(in reply to frighteningfred)
Post #: 224
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 11/20/2015 12:04:50 AM   
Rosseau

As long as it is nothing like Tigers Unleashed and POA2. Awesome potential but both were a complete waste of money (imo) with the TTS common files system, etc.

Anyway, I will buy your game.

Post #: 225
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 11/20/2015 1:06:53 AM   
Peter Fisla

Tigers on the Hunt is different than TU or POA2. Tigers on the Hunt is I-Go-You-Go (inspired by ASL, meaning defensive fire can interrupt enemy unit movement), TU is WEGO.

In addition, TU is a bit at higher scale, with one vehicle counter possibly representing more than actual vehicles (platoon) whereas In Tigers on the Hunt 1 vehicle counter = 1 actual vehicle. From boardgames perspective, I would say TU is grand tactical scale and Tigers on the Hunt is pure tactical scale.

< Message edited by Peter Fisla -- 11/20/2015 2:06:21 AM >

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 226
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 11/20/2015 1:39:55 AM   
Rosseau

It sounds really good, thanks.

I have almost all HPS games. It's just that the turn resolution for Tigers and POA2 took forever. Beyond that, they could have been great.

Post #: 227
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 11/20/2015 3:36:17 PM   
wodin

The next big patch really improves TU into nearly a totally new game. Scot, Joseph,Jeff and myself have spent hours and hours testing and adding to TU. It will not only be much improved gameplay but also have brand new unit symbols and new sounds.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rosseau

It sounds really good, thanks.

I have almost all HPS games. It's just that the turn resolution for Tigers and POA2 took forever. Beyond that, they could have been great.

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 228
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 11/21/2015 4:15:36 PM   
Peter Fisla

If the base game sells reasonably well, I will be working on an expansion adding Italian and French nationalities + more scenarios. In addition, I was thinking of adding friendly AI feature. Meaning, for a big scenario with too many friendly units, the player can just focus on controlling few units and leave the rest to the friendly AI. The player will have the ability in every turn to change which units the he will control vs friendly AI.

< Message edited by Peter Fisla -- 11/21/2015 5:16:46 PM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 229
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 11/21/2015 5:58:09 PM   
zakblood

quote:

If the base game sells reasonably well,
wish you all the best in that department, you have worked hard and long enough on it, so fingers crossed you get the rewards

Post #: 230
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 11/25/2015 8:13:37 PM   
guderian68

Hi everybody,

I'm also very interested in this wargame but i'm just a little coriuos about a particular : why there is no trace of the game on the whole site of the matrix ? Only this list of posts, no coming soon or devolepment sub-forum while it seems that it will be out very very soon.
Is there any particluar reason ?
Thanks a lot

Paolo

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 231
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 11/26/2015 1:00:45 AM   
Peter Fisla

Hi Paolo,

The game is still officially in development (though I'm done with coding for a while now), I handed off the manual to matrix games/Slitherine they will give it a professional look. Everything else is done from my side. If everything goes well, I think we should be ready within 2-3 months.

The game website is here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/578/details/Tigers.on.the.Hunt

< Message edited by Peter Fisla -- 11/26/2015 2:06:05 AM >

(in reply to guderian68)
Post #: 232
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 11/26/2015 8:18:37 AM   
Tamas

quote:

ORIGINAL: guderian68

Hi everybody,

I'm also very interested in this wargame but i'm just a little coriuos about a particular : why there is no trace of the game on the whole site of the matrix ? Only this list of posts, no coming soon or devolepment sub-forum while it seems that it will be out very very soon.
Thanks a lot

Paolo

You are correct, this is something we indeed owe the game still. It is an impressive tactical wargame, so we certainly would like to give people the chance to discuss it! We will get around creating it's own forum very soon!

(in reply to guderian68)
Post #: 233
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 11/26/2015 5:36:11 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tamas

quote:

ORIGINAL: guderian68

Hi everybody,

Thanks a lot

Paolo

You are correct, this is something we indeed owe the game still. It is an impressive tactical wargame, so we certainly would like to give people the chance to discuss it! We will get around creating it's own forum very soon!

Great, I think a number of us are looking forward to this game.

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to Tamas)
Post #: 234
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 11/26/2015 8:39:25 PM   
Gerry4321

When I didn't see a game page I was worried the game was tied up in some legal web.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 235
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 11/26/2015 9:46:45 PM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gerry

When I didn't see a game page I was worried the game was tied up in some legal web.

Nope, all is good...we are almost there :)

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 236
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 11/27/2015 12:55:56 AM   
farnarkle

Hello Peter,

I feel I need to offer an apology of sorts, I started helping out with the Beta but had to take a break at one stage - I thought it was a temporary one but life got out of hand a bit so I was unable to return. I didn't get around to formally requesting a break so I am sorry. Good luck and I am looking forwards to the formal release.

Ian

Post #: 237
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 11/27/2015 6:52:30 AM   
Gerry4321

Peter:

Curious about building types. IIRC there will be multi-storey buildings? Will there be factories?

Would someone like me who never created a scenario be able to build a small ASL-type scenario or would that be beyond a neophyte?

Glad to hear you are close!

Gerry

(in reply to farnarkle)
Post #: 238
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 11/27/2015 11:11:05 AM   
Peter Fisla

There are two building types: wood and stone, there is also wood and stone rubble. There are no multi-story buildings.

The editor is easy to use, all the editor features are described in the manual. Also there will be a tutorial video how to use the editor by the scenario designer himself :)

Building a small ASL like 1 map scenario will be very easy ;) I'm also providing few map templates that you can load and use so you don't have to build a map from scratch. You then just add few units in the maps, setup VPOs in the map and set the AI to attack or defend and you can start playing.

< Message edited by Peter Fisla -- 11/27/2015 12:15:58 PM >

(in reply to Gerry4321)
Post #: 239
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 11/27/2015 7:49:13 PM   
Gerry4321

Peter:

I am wondering why no multi-story buildings (it leaves the battlefield so flat for me). ASL has an algorithm to figure out LOS with these buildings so it could be programmed as players figure it out in a few secs themselves. Very frustrating as all game developers for tactical WW II games are going this route.

Sorry for the mini-rant. All the best.

Gerry

Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 [8] 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI