Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The the new context menu system after the introduction

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> The the new context menu system after the introduction Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The the new context menu system after the introduction - 6/14/2015 9:09:56 AM   
Templer_12

The new context menu system after the introduction.

With practice, the new context menu system works quite well for me.
The old or the new system? I get along well with both.

NorbSoftDev offer both systems. Nice that we have a choice here.

< Message edited by Templer -- 6/15/2015 2:48:26 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: The the new context menu system after the introduction - 6/14/2015 9:31:40 AM   
Leffe7

Thanks for the feedback! It means a lot.

QA Scourge of War: Waterloo

(in reply to Templer_12)
Post #: 2
RE: The the new context menu system after the introduction - 6/14/2015 9:36:47 AM   
pjsynnott

I'm used to context menus like that from the Combat Mission games. It works fine for me, but the grog toolbar gives more options. If the button I want is in the context menu I'll use it, otherwise go grog...

(in reply to Templer_12)
Post #: 3
RE: The the new context menu system after the introduction - 6/14/2015 12:58:38 PM   
con20or

I am seeing alot of early doubters coming around on the forum :)

We did a survey across the entire test team to ID the absolute essential buttons for playing and the context menu represents that. We played through all 20 scenarios and months of multiplayer testing using that toolbar - so it definitely works. Having said that, each to their own playing style - we like to let the player play how they like, hence the grog toolbar.

(in reply to pjsynnott)
Post #: 4
RE: The the new context menu system after the introduction - 6/14/2015 2:06:14 PM   
vincere

I never got past trying the demos for earlier games, partly the setting, learning curve and partly UI.

One day and I have this enough that I am comfortable with 2 divs.

Keep going to press space bar to see when all units will end up - is there any key to show all destinations????

(in reply to con20or)
Post #: 5
RE: The the new context menu system after the introduction - 6/14/2015 2:09:42 PM   
con20or

You have two options

1. Press the N key and you will see the destinatyion of every unit on the movement map.
2. Alternatively if you select the senior general of a formation you should see destination markers for all of his subordinates in-game.

(in reply to vincere)
Post #: 6
RE: The the new context menu system after the introduction - 6/14/2015 2:15:24 PM   
vincere

quote:

ORIGINAL: con20or

You have two options

1. Press the N key and you will see the destinatyion of every unit on the movement map.
2. Alternatively if you select the senior general of a formation you should see destination markers for all of his subordinates in-game.

Thanks- that will help
A key would be useful too for speed/ease though.

Am I right in thinking that we cannot order movement on the maps?

(in reply to con20or)
Post #: 7
RE: The the new context menu system after the introduction - 6/14/2015 2:19:43 PM   
con20or

You can order movement with the 'movement map' - the 'N' key. The 'M' key brings up the situation map, showing you where everyone is currently. There are two maps in-game.

(in reply to vincere)
Post #: 8
RE: The the new context menu system after the introduction - 6/14/2015 2:21:47 PM   
vincere

quote:

You can order movement with the 'movement map' - the 'N' key. The 'M' key brings up the situation map, showing you where everyone is currently. There are two maps in-game.

Thank you, that will save time during the advance to contact !!!

(in reply to con20or)
Post #: 9
RE: The the new context menu system after the introduction - 6/14/2015 2:24:38 PM   
con20or

It certainly will - the two maps are quite distinct, but each very useful.

(in reply to vincere)
Post #: 10
RE: The the new context menu system after the introduction - 6/14/2015 5:23:45 PM   
vincere

Still learning. I only found the charge button in my last battle

Sort of loosely fits here- Is there any way to order units while paused? That would be a HUGE help for C&C

(in reply to con20or)
Post #: 11
RE: The the new context menu system after the introduction - 6/14/2015 5:29:45 PM   
con20or

No, we have discussed that often but it is too gamey in our opinion for a high realism wargame. Time runs on, run with it :)

If you REALLY want to do it, it would be easy to mod so the movement map or courier menu so the game paused when open. The SDK will be released soon, all info will be there.

(in reply to vincere)
Post #: 12
RE: The the new context menu system after the introduction - 6/15/2015 1:06:37 AM   
jomni

I discovered that you can actually cancel a right click by just pressing the envelope button (submit chain command).

(in reply to con20or)
Post #: 13
RE: The the new context menu system after the introduction - 6/15/2015 7:38:05 AM   
vincere

quote:

No, we have discussed that often but it is too gamey in our opinion for a high realism wargame. Time runs on, run with it :)

If you REALLY want to do it, it would be easy to mod so the movement map or courier menu so the game paused when open. The SDK will be released soon, all info will be there.

I can see that for multiplayer. But reckon single player should be player choice- especially as almost every forum thread I read with Scourge of War vets posting said it gets unmanageable or difficult to manage after a Corps- some less so.

An that was the vets

(in reply to con20or)
Post #: 14
RE: The the new context menu system after the introduction - 6/15/2015 7:41:34 AM   
vincere

quote:

You have two options

Realised that when I need to see other units movement destination is when I am moving other units.

Ie to move them so their frontages don't overlap. So N doesn't work, and reselecting other units to check cumbersome.

This is a more tricky issue when moving brigades- which in my early days seems like one of the optimal manoeuvre unit sizes.

(in reply to con20or)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War: Waterloo >> The the new context menu system after the introduction Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI