Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final update… and a sequel!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final update… and a sequel! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final upd... - 7/23/2015 10:47:03 AM   
Templer_12

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cmdr_Vessery

So, I gotta ask, does this version 3.4.1.9 fix the AA issue that was addressed with using the 3XBb mod?...

-Vess

Still no answer to this.
I would be interested also.

(in reply to Cmdr_Vessery)
Post #: 91
RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final upd... - 7/23/2015 1:11:08 PM   
larryfulkerson

The answer is yes it fixes that problem and the RBC attempt against fortified positions where the defenders are
in a three-dot stance. It used to be that the defenders would just stay in the hex and take losses ( ignore
losses stance is supposed to do that ) but now the defenders have a possibility of retreating instead.
And various little nit picking cosmedic things.

If we're all created in the image of god then why aren't we all invisible?

(in reply to Templer_12)
Post #: 92
RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final upd... - 7/23/2015 1:18:53 PM   
Templer_12

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

The answer is yes it fixes that problem and the RBC attempt against fortified positions where the defenders are
in a three-dot stance. It used to be that the defenders would just stay in the hex and take losses ( ignore
losses stance is supposed to do that ) but now the defenders have a possibility of retreating instead.
And various little nit picking cosmedic things.

So we don't need 3XBb.exe anymore?

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 93
RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final upd... - 7/23/2015 2:12:06 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

You could keep it in your museum folder of old software. You may run into the occasional scenario
that was edited with that version and needs that version to play but I doubt it.

If we're all created in the image of god then why aren't we all invisible?

(in reply to Templer_12)
Post #: 94
RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final upd... - 7/23/2015 2:46:50 PM   
Freyr Oakenshield

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

quote:

You could keep it in your museum folder of old software. You may run into the occasional scenario
that was edited with that version and needs that version to play but I doubt it.

I think it's also still necessary to use it if you have started playing a scenario with it and haven't finished yet. To the best of my knowledge, scenarios started with 3XBb.exe can't be opened with Opart 3.exe.

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 95
RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final upd... - 7/23/2015 5:32:55 PM   
Lobster

Last year the actual time frame was for an October 2014 release of 3.5

Christmas would be nice but I'm not holding my breath. These things have a way of 'slipping'.

< Message edited by Lobster -- 7/23/2015 6:34:21 PM >

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 96
RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final upd... - 7/27/2015 5:39:14 AM   
fogger

Christmas 2015 is how less than 5 months away.

Thought for the day:
If you feel like doing some work, sit down and wait....... The feeling does go away.

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 97
RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final upd... - 7/27/2015 12:45:53 PM   
kukudas

You mean it'll support win10?

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 98
RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final upd... - 7/27/2015 12:50:42 PM   
Freyr Oakenshield

quote:

ORIGINAL: kukudas

You mean it'll support win10?

What makes you think it might not support win10?

(in reply to kukudas)
Post #: 99
RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final upd... - 8/19/2015 12:16:12 AM   
PRUSSIAN TOM

Well I am grateful to all who worked long and hard to get us this far. I'm glad for the patch, and glad it's free.

Not to preach (as I ascend my soapbox), but I find it hard to conceive that a company, founded to make money, could pass up the chance to redo a classic, and make a few bucks too! I have, for example Civilization 1-5 (a poor comparison, but similar time scale on releases). It seems like a great time for a TAOW IV! I don't mind paying $40.00 or so for it. It's hard to see professionals (I mean the bean-counters) give it up for free . Making money is THE world's oldest profession (ok, maybe #2). Very glad for the update, saving for the new version.

(in reply to Freyr Oakenshield)
Post #: 100
RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final upd... - 8/29/2015 11:10:53 AM   
lcesar

Hi everyone.

So, that's mean on this new patch are include the corrections, contemplate on the "AAA2Opart 3"?

Cheer's

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 101
RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final upd... - 8/29/2015 2:24:35 PM   
Lobster

quote:

ORIGINAL: lcesar

Hi everyone.

So, that's mean on this new patch are include the corrections, contemplate on the "AAA2Opart 3"?

Cheer's

Yes, throw away AAA2Opart. It is not needed if you use the new patch. If you started a game with AAA2Opart the new patch will not accept them.

< Message edited by Lobster -- 8/29/2015 3:25:18 PM >

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

(in reply to lcesar)
Post #: 102
RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final upd... - 8/28/2016 9:25:59 PM   
Trick37_MatrixForum

LOVE IT!!! LOVE IT!!! LOVE IT!!! LOVE IT!!! LOVE IT!!!

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 103
RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final upd... - 8/28/2016 9:27:43 PM   
Trick37_MatrixForum

Oh crap.....I just realized that this thread was started last year.....so that means that IV is already out, right???

(in reply to Trick37_MatrixForum)
Post #: 104
RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final upd... - 8/28/2016 9:35:57 PM   
Trick37_MatrixForum

Nope, disregard...just saw the threat on ETA on the IV's site.

(in reply to Trick37_MatrixForum)
Post #: 105
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> RE: The Operational Art of War III receives a final update… and a sequel! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI