Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on Steam and Twitch! Also 1.08.04 update released.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on Steam and Twitch! Also 1.08.04 update released. Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on Ste... - 7/9/2015 4:44:12 PM   
Daniele

A wreck of a T- 34 is burning just outside the village. The crew was taken by surprise by the German armoured vanguard. Only few months have passed since the beginning of the invasion of the Motherland and nothing seems able to stand against the powerful advancing panzerdivisionen.

Nevertheless the Germans have underestimated the iron will of Ivan and soon they begin to face more and more resistance. No bunker can be taken until the last defender is dead, every forest can hide an insidious trap, and the Russian steppes seem to be endless.

This will be a long and cruel war...

“Here they found real war, but they were not ready for it. They were used to easy victories.” (Georgy Zhukov - Soviet military commander)

Originally released in 2010, Gary Grigsby’s War in the East, the most detailed computer wargame ever created about the Eastern Front of World War 2, has benefited from five years of ongoing and regular support since release, with many major updates following one after the other, including the v1.08.04 update just released today. Along with the release of several very ambitious updates which have expanded gameplay and increased realism and historical depth, there have also been two expansions. Today, War in the East – one of the 50 Best Strategy Games Ever Made according to Rock Paper Shotgun – is starting a new grand campaign with its official release on Steam. Its two expansions Don to the Danube and Lost Battles are also available on the digital platform now as part of the combined package.

With this new release players have a new chance to dive into this conflict thanks to the accessible gameplay, the perfectly represented chain of command and order of battle and engage the enemy in massive, dramatic campaigns, including intense battles involving thousands of units with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is a truly epic representation of the scope and sweep of the Second World War on the Eastern Front and is unparalleled in its scale, detail, and ambition!

In order to celebrate this important milestone, we are discounting the game and the Deluxe Edition (base game + expansions) during the week of the launch:

• Base game $79.99, with launch discount of 30% moving it to $55.99
• Package price $89.99 with launch discount of 30% moving it to $62.99

Grab the game here!

Watch the Stream of the game today at 20:00 CEST / 18:00 UTC / 2:00 PM EDT on our official Twitch Channel!

We are also going to offer a free Steam key to anyone who bought a copy from the Matrix Games or Slitherine store, once the game is available on this digital platform!

< Message edited by Joel Billings -- 12/29/2015 5:33:56 PM >
Revisions: 1 | Post #: 1
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/9/2015 5:22:07 PM   
IslandInland

If I buy it from Matrix now will I get a Steam key?

War In The East 2 Beta Tester and
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
XXXCorps

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 2
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/9/2015 5:28:08 PM   
Erik Rutins

Yes, any direct purchases for our games that are also on Steam are eligible to retrieve a free Steam key at any time after purchase.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to IslandInland)
Post #: 3
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/9/2015 5:38:45 PM   
IslandInland

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Yes, any direct purchases for our games that are also on Steam are eligible to retrieve a free Steam key at any time after purchase.

Regards,

- Erik

Thanks for the prompt reply. I would really like a DRM free version and a Steam version but I've just noticed the Deluxe Package deal on Steam. With the extra expansions that's a steal.

It's a shame there isn't a similar offer here on the Matrix site.

XXXCorps

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/9/2015 5:49:03 PM   
zakblood

Jesus didn't see this coming

Post #: 5
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/9/2015 6:07:29 PM   
budd

No deluxe package at matrix?

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 6
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/9/2015 6:12:29 PM   
Joel Billings

I just looked, and in the store when you go to buy the WitE game, the expansions are offered at the lower price so it adds up to the same as the deluxe bundle if you buy them all at once.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 7
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/9/2015 6:14:26 PM   
KenchiSulla

Hi team,

How can I get the steamkey now? I bought WitE in 2010...

Fodder

AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 8
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/9/2015 6:42:29 PM   
TargAK

Good news and a steam key to boot!

(in reply to KenchiSulla)
Post #: 9
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/9/2015 8:11:08 PM   
zakblood

great twitch feed and play done by Erik, another long and epic one mind you :) but done very very well

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zakblood -- 7/9/2015 9:32:53 PM >

(in reply to TargAK)
Post #: 10
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/9/2015 8:14:05 PM   
Erik Rutins

Indeed the Deluxe Package is available through our store as well, but you have to add the base game to your shopping cart to see the discount offer for the expansions.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 11
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/9/2015 8:17:46 PM   
IslandInland

Thanks, Joel and Erik. The Deluxe package is available through the Matrix store and is slightly cheaper than Steam.

I assume I will receive Steam keys for the expansions also?

XXXCorps

Post #: 12
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/9/2015 8:33:34 PM   
zakblood

and zoomed in for counter shot for none players like myself, mentioned it on the feed :)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zakblood -- 7/9/2015 9:33:58 PM >

Post #: 13
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/9/2015 8:58:55 PM   
Peltonx

What is a steam key?

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 14
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/9/2015 9:31:41 PM   
Erik Rutins

Yes, you can get a Steam key for both the base game and the expansions. Anything we release on Steam, customers who purchase (or have purchased) the same product direct from us also get a free Steam key. Pelton, it allows you to activate the game on Steam (a digital game distribution platform/online store) for those that like to have their games there.

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 7/9/2015 10:32:06 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 15
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/9/2015 10:12:33 PM   
Peltonx

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Yes, you can get a Steam key for both the base game and the expansions.
Anything we release on Steam, customers who purchase (or have purchased)
the same product direct from us also get a free Steam key.
Pelton, it allows you to activate the game on Steam (a digital game distribution platform/online store)
for those that like to have their games there.

Regards,

- Erik

So I get one or have to buy another game?

All the kiddys lov steam so future good move.

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

Post #: 16
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/9/2015 10:16:07 PM   
Numdydar

quote:

ORIGINAL: zakblood

and zoomed in for counter shot for none players like myself, mentioned it on the feed :)

And what counter mod are we seeing in the pic above?

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 17
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/9/2015 10:45:18 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pelton
So I get one or have to buy another game?
All the kiddys lov steam so future good move.

Anyone who has already purchased WITE or purchases it in the future can get a free Steam key from us.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 18
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/9/2015 11:03:12 PM   
heliodorus04

HOW do I get the free Steam key from you
I want my hours of gameplay logged. I want my addiction known!

(I may need help)

Fall 2021-Playing: Stalingrad'42 (GMT); Advanced Squad Leader,
Reading: Masters of the Air (GREAT BOOK!)
Rulebooks: ASL (always ASL), Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game
Painting: WHFB Lizardmen leaders

Post #: 19
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/9/2015 11:07:41 PM   
IslandInland

Thanks for the help. I bought the Deluxe Package from Matrix and got my Steam keys from the Slitherine site.

Great Deal.

How to get a Steam key if you already own the game:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/370540/discussions/0/530646715637969885/

< Message edited by XXXCorps -- 7/10/2015 12:21:37 AM >

XXXCorps

(in reply to heliodorus04)
Post #: 20
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/9/2015 11:36:39 PM   
budd

this is damn tempting. Came about just as i'm reading Stalingrad and the other side of the hill. If i purchase i would be getting the deluxe package so i'd like to know about unit counts of the small to mid range scenarios. I know there shorter but length isnt the issue for me unit count is, so is there a thread anywhere or can someone tell me a unit count range for the small to medium scenario's ? Can you play both sides in all scenario's?

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Post #: 21
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/9/2015 11:57:19 PM   
Joel Billings

You can play either side in almost all of the scenarios (there might be one or two that are only from one side, can't remember for sure). Demyansk Pocket, which is one of the smallest has just over 30 on map units per side. Operation Sturgeon Catch 1942 has about 50 German and 70 Soviet on map units. Also, keep in mind many of these units are HQs or airbase units, so the number of combat units is smaller. These are two of the smallest scenarios, although Velikie Luki '42 (the tutorial scenario) is even smaller with only about 15 units per side.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 22
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/10/2015 12:12:06 AM   
Capitaine

I never thought I'd spring for WitE, but this special deal compelled me to go for it. Unexpected move.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 23
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/10/2015 1:00:59 AM   
heliodorus04

TYVM

Fall 2021-Playing: Stalingrad'42 (GMT); Advanced Squad Leader,
Reading: Masters of the Air (GREAT BOOK!)
Rulebooks: ASL (always ASL), Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game
Painting: WHFB Lizardmen leaders

(in reply to Capitaine)
Post #: 24
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/10/2015 1:40:13 AM   
TargAK

Steam Key redeemed and steam install good to go!

Post #: 25
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/10/2015 3:33:21 AM   
morvael

quote:

ORIGINAL: heliodorus04
I want my hours of gameplay logged. I want my addiction known!

(I may need help)

That's what I want and need as well.

Post #: 26
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/10/2015 4:45:58 AM   
zakblood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

quote:

ORIGINAL: zakblood

And what counter mod are we seeing in the pic above?

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3753980

there you go ^^ enjoy

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 27
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/10/2015 5:32:09 AM   
Numdydar

Thanks so much for the link

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 28
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/10/2015 5:48:41 AM   
morvael

Maybe it's possible to use Steam mod functionality to offer Jison's map & GUI mod and its variants? That would be great help to many players.

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 29
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on... - 7/10/2015 6:37:03 AM   
loki100

having a problem getting steam key for the base game, it says my code has already been redeemed, fine for the expansions and I tested with another Matrix/AGEOD game so it seems to be WiTE specific

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Gary Grigsby’s War in the East is now available on Steam and Twitch! Also 1.08.04 update released. Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI