Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

new install questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> new install questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
new install questions - 7/13/2015 5:18:53 PM   
jcjordan

Just got a new pc & some questions -

It's Win 8.1 w/ 1920x1080 display as far as installs is all I need is the original setup as well as 1124 official update or do I need more? Also does the official 1124 update have the updated scenario dat files as well as the update AI scripts or do I need to install them separately. I've noticed that the game view is a little weird looking in that it's a little stretched from side to side on full screen. I messed around some w/ the cmd line switches but nothing fixed that. Currently I've got -deepColor -skipvideo -cpu2 -multiaudio, I've tried -f as well as -px/py settings but nothing worked. It was either the full screen but stretched a bit in the side to side or was only using half the screen but looked balanced
Post #: 1
RE: new install questions - 7/13/2015 11:55:37 PM   
bogaty

I found that by setting -px and -py to your screen's native resolution but leaving out the -f will give you a non-stretched look (but the fonts are really small and hard to read).

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 2
RE: new install questions - 7/14/2015 6:14:33 AM   
jcjordan

Thanks that worked thought I'd tried that combo & it framed it in the original 1024x768 in a kind of windowed view but guess I hadn't

Anyone know about whether 1124 has the updated scenario dat files as well as Andy Mac's updated AI scripts?

(in reply to bogaty)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> new install questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI