Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Slow Mouse Clicks and Map Scrolling

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Slow Mouse Clicks and Map Scrolling Page: <<   < prev  8 9 10 11 [12]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Slow Mouse Clicks and Map Scrolling - 4/21/2017 1:36:16 PM   
BillBrown

As information, I have two different shortcuts for my games. One named Replay and one named Orders. I have not found a set of switches that
are real good for both phases of the turn. So each gets a different set of switches.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 331
RE: Slow Mouse Clicks and Map Scrolling - 4/21/2017 5:48:38 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillBrown

As information, I have two different shortcuts for my games. One named Replay and one named Orders. I have not found a set of switches that
are real good for both phases of the turn. So each gets a different set of switches.

I do the same, but for me the only difference is the one I use for the replay is full screen mode while the one I use for orders is windowed mode.

(in reply to BillBrown)
Post #: 332
RE: Slow Mouse Clicks and Map Scrolling - 4/22/2017 3:46:14 AM   
BillBrown

That is how I have mine set up too.

The big difference I found was I have to use the -dd_sw switch for the replay to avoid having my computer take forever in the coastwatcher phase of the replay.
But that switch causes some graphic problems when doing orders. Not having it in the command line of the orders shortcut helps a lot.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 333
RE: Slow Mouse Clicks and Map Scrolling - 4/22/2017 6:26:08 PM   
MakeeLearn

quote:

ORIGINAL: Commander Cody

OK, lady and gents, I've got a strange problem. I just installed the game on my new Win10 rig and used the following command line:

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -deepColor -cpu2 -multiaudio -dd_sw -px1920 -py1080

The game in general works great and everything is faster, as you'd expect on a better machine and using an SSD, but the one problem I have is chunks of the desktop image show up on a random basis. By that, I mean say a 4" x 6" chunk of desktop graphics will randomly appear somewhere on the map as I'm clicking through bases, units, etc. One or two clicks will get rid of it, but then it might happen again a minute later. It's not a gamestopper, but it is an annoyance. Has anyone seen anything like this or have any idea of what to do?

Other details: I'm playing the stock Downfall scenario using the latest updates on the members page (i.e. v1.01.24 and v1.01.26a).

EDIT: After going through some of this thread, I wonder if I need a -f in there somewhere. I'll give that a shot this evening.

Cheers,
CC

I get something similar, it will usually drop to the desktop for a few seconds, or a blink of a eye, causing a complete or partial showing of the desktop. Using event viewer I found it happens when my computer receives failed internet queries/loses internet connection , this even when Iam not on the internet myself.

take notice of the clock when it happens and the reason may be in event viewer

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by MakeeLearn -- 4/22/2017 9:43:05 PM >

(in reply to CaptBeefheart)
Post #: 334
RE: Slow Mouse Clicks and Map Scrolling - 4/22/2017 6:45:49 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: MakeeLearn

quote:

ORIGINAL: Commander Cody

OK, lady and gents, I've got a strange problem. I just installed the game on my new Win10 rig and used the following command line:

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -deepColor -cpu2 -multiaudio -dd_sw -px1920 -py1080

The game in general works great and everything is faster, as you'd expect on a better machine and using an SSD, but the one problem I have is chunks of the desktop image show up on a random basis. By that, I mean say a 4" x 6" chunk of desktop graphics will randomly appear somewhere on the map as I'm clicking through bases, units, etc. One or two clicks will get rid of it, but then it might happen again a minute later. It's not a gamestopper, but it is an annoyance. Has anyone seen anything like this or have any idea of what to do?

Other details: I'm playing the stock Downfall scenario using the latest updates on the members page (i.e. v1.01.24 and v1.01.26a).

EDIT: After going through some of this thread, I wonder if I need a -f in there somewhere. I'll give that a shot this evening.

Cheers,
CC

I get something similar, it will usually drop to the desktop for a few seconds or a blink of a eye causing a complete or partial showing of the desktop. Using event viewer I found it happens when my computer loses internet connection, even when Iam not on the internet myself.

take notice of the clock when it happens and the reason may be in event viewer

Ah! That's more expected and not really just a bleed-through issue. Good catch!

(in reply to MakeeLearn)
Post #: 335
RE: Slow Mouse Clicks and Map Scrolling - 4/27/2017 7:32:26 AM   
CaptBeefheart

Thanks for the additional ideas. I was gone from this for a few days. If I minimize Chrome and other windows it definitely helps. I'll take a look at the events as well.

Cheers,
CC

Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 336
RE: Slow Mouse Clicks and Map Scrolling - 5/15/2017 12:00:22 AM   
btd64

OK, I have win10 now and I am suffering with Replay and click responds slowdowns. I'm not sure if this matters but the slowdowns accure with the night resolution phase. Also animations are choppy. I have tried ALL of the switch combo's I can think of. So question is, Does it matter which switch goes 1st, 2nd, etc.? Also this is an intel processor. I know that matters with some switches. Thanks for any help....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to CaptBeefheart)
Post #: 337
RE: Slow Mouse Clicks and Map Scrolling - 5/15/2017 12:42:15 AM   
MakeeLearn

quote:

ORIGINAL: General Patton

OK, I have win10 now and I am suffering with Replay and click responds slowdowns. I'm not sure if this matters but the slowdowns accure with the night resolution phase. Also animations are choppy. I have tried ALL of the switch combo's I can think of. So question is, Does it matter which switch goes 1st, 2nd, etc.? Also this is an intel processor. I know that matters with some switches. Thanks for any help....GP

I dont think the order matters.

-deepColor -dd_sw are the two most important. Are you coping the switches from the PDF file? You cannot do that because the - from PDF is not the same as keyboard -

Sounds like it might be a simple mistake. My setup for Intel:

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -SingleCpuOrders -deepColor -dd_sw -altFont

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 338
RE: Slow Mouse Clicks and Map Scrolling - 5/15/2017 2:03:42 PM   
btd64

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: General Patton

I dont think the order matters.

-deepColor -dd_sw are the two most important. Are you coping the switches from the PDF file? You cannot do that because the - from PDF is not the same as keyboard -

Sounds like it might be a simple mistake. My setup for Intel:

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -SingleCpuOrders -deepColor -dd_sw -altFont

Thanks Makee, One thing I didn't do was try all three together. The -dd_sw switch is primarily a AMD switch, meaning it works best with AMD rigs. I am getting some graphical glitches, but nothing I can't deal with at the moment....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to MakeeLearn)
Post #: 339
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 6/10/2017 7:06:09 AM   
Aloid

quote:

In the shortcut;

The switches work with the .exe

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe"

and not the autorun.exe

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\autorun.exe"

This made all the difference... going from autorun.exe to War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe did the trick!
Thank you

(in reply to MakeeLearn)
Post #: 340
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 6/29/2017 3:43:45 PM   
supermarina

Hi guys,

I upgraded to win 10 and had the same problems. I followed your instructions and all seems to work fine (for now), except for Aicraft artworks that ...disappeared from each unit's information box. Ships and land units seem to be present without problem.

Does anyone know if there is any "switch" to get my aricrafts back to my flying deck?

thanks!

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 341
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 6/29/2017 4:11:39 PM   
supermarina

by the way... the game skips completely the combat animation phase when aircraft are involved. It shows only the final result after the battle...

(in reply to supermarina)
Post #: 342
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 6/29/2017 10:37:08 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: supermarina

by the way... the game skips completely the combat animation phase when aircraft are involved. It shows only the final result after the battle...

If you have the Preferences set to "Show Animations", and the aircraft ones are not showing but other animation are, the problem is that you have the "delay" set to 0.0 seconds so the computer skips over everything.
Go to the Preferences/Options button at the top left of the screen (second button) and click on it. Then go to the Air Combat message delay sections and change the delay time. One second is usually good enough to read what his happening during combat.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to supermarina)
Post #: 343
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 12/27/2018 4:01:06 PM   
kaplumber

Pay close attention to the fact that "C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" does not have Admiral as plural in the second part. After banging my head on the countertop for hours, I had a couple of beers and put my reading glasses on. All is good now after putting switches in.

Thanks.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 344
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 12/27/2018 4:25:33 PM   
Korvar

90% of the purpose of SeaBee is to catch little typos like that as they are easy to make and often hard to catch. The use of the wrong dash (most often copied from the original switch PDF reference guide) is another common error made when first setting up switches.

(in reply to kaplumber)
Post #: 345
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 1/3/2019 3:58:54 PM   
VTFL

I have a relatively new HP laptop with Windows 10. I have the WITPA 1.01.24 update installed. I have two problems:

(1) Both the command and map/gameplay area scroll speed proceeds at a snail's pace. They are so slow to respond that initially I thought they were not working at all.
(2) The game play area will not fill my entire screen. 1600 x 900 is what the HP "recommends" and that appears to be the maximum I can set it.

I do not have any of these problems on my War in the East, War in the West, Civil War II, or Strategic Command games. I have a very old, very weak PC with Windows 7. It is dying but this updated version still works fine on it (Dell). But I cannot rely on this PC to last much longer.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 346
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 1/5/2019 7:24:30 AM   
Yaab

I am running WITP:AE on a Dell 15.6inch laptop with Win10 in 1600x900 resolution. Laptop's screen native resolution 1920 x 1080. Here are my switches:

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -skipVideo -archive -deepColor -dd_sw -px1600 -py900

Game runs OK with no problems.

(in reply to VTFL)
Post #: 347
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 1/9/2019 2:20:10 AM   
Dante Fierro

I reloaded the game today on Windows 10, but like to use two screens when game playing. I noticed the game is slower when playing in full screen mode, as opposed to windowed mode - and in windowed mode I can switch the cursor between monitors, and open up the manual and other AE resource apps as needed.

In windowed mode, I found the game plays smoother (yeah, I know odd). However, the only windowed mode I could get to work was with 1920x 1080y resolution (which is my default monitor resolution). If I attempted to adjust the parameters any differently the game would simply default to a small window that was not palatable. The window only worked with 1920x 1080y. Which fits, with a slight bit of cut-off at the bottom which one can live with. There is not unfortunately, a full-screen/window mode for the game which would be ideal. Using Full screen mode and trying to switch out and back in caused unrecoverable graphic glitches in the game.

In addition, I found using -dd_sw helped speed things up a bit on my rig, but might not work for everyone. However, if you do use -dd_sw switch, you may need to autohide the bottom task bar before running the game.

Note: if you are coming back to the game after a hiatus, there is a more recent beta version (than the March 2015 version) in the members only section of Matrix games (11.26a) - so make sure you double check. There are quite a few fixes and revisions in this beta.

< Message edited by Dante Fierro -- 1/9/2019 2:26:05 AM >

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 348
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 10 11 [12]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Slow Mouse Clicks and Map Scrolling Page: <<   < prev  8 9 10 11 [12]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI