Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Win10 upgrade issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Win10 upgrade issue Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/15/2015 3:32:00 AM   
GeorgePatton

THanks I tried -deepColor and -SingleCpuOrders but nothing happened. still slow scrolling and lag issues when clicking around the map and bases.

Sigh..now I'm wondering if I should uninstall and re-install game?

I don't believe reinstalling would help. Has anyone else tried it?

War...war never changes.

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 61
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/15/2015 4:24:49 AM   
BBfanboy

Any chance that Win 10 in 64 bit mode is not working smoothly with your video card in 32 bit mode? I'm no techie but it seems there would be some translation involved?

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to GeorgePatton)
Post #: 62
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/15/2015 4:51:09 AM   
GeorgePatton

I don't think so since my Win 7 was 64 bit and my video card has always been set to 32 bit (high).

If anyone has Win 10 64 bit (using Intel Quad CPU) and is fine with the game, please send me your switch commands please :-)

Thanks

War...war never changes.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 63
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/15/2015 11:31:12 AM   
claymore58

No problems with either desktop or this laptop. Both 64 bit Win 10 machines
laptop switches: -altFont -archive -fd -deepColor -px1366 -py768 -fixedArt -noFire -Cpu2

Claymore

Post #: 64
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/15/2015 2:00:16 PM   
m10bob

George Patton...Did you try just one switch at a time??

For me, -deepColor was all I needed.

< Message edited by m10bob -- 8/15/2015 3:01:25 PM >

(in reply to claymore58)
Post #: 65
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/15/2015 9:26:14 PM   
gdpsnake1979

Okay,

I upgraded to Win 10 and my scrolling is messed up with the mouse or keyboard inputs. I've tried all the permutations of the switches to no effect. Here is what I notice:

If you select an open hex, say water, then scrolling is normal. As you select 'items' with more and more 'details' the scrolling slows.

For example: Select open water - scroll is 100%. Select a single sub - scroll is 80%. Select a task force 10-20 ships - scroll is 50%. Select a base with large data like planes and ships in port - scroll is 10%. Select Pearl Harbor - scroll is 1%.

Also, the more map detail = slower scroll. Open water = 100%. Over China = 50%.

I have the absolute latest updates of my Nvidia drivers and Win 10 upgrades.

Again, I tried EVERY switch setting singly and in combinations. I tired windowed versus full screen - I tried everything and all fail for scrolling.

Windows 10 home 64 bit build 10240 English Intel i7 3.1 GHz memory 6144 RAM Direct X 12 Nvidia GTX 650TI 5058 MB

The only change from the game working perfectly in Win 7 was the upgrade to Win 10.

any thoughts?

EDIT: Also, when you select or deselect 'items' in the game, the larger the data = the longer to select. In other words, select a base with no ships, men or planes and the menu comes up quickly. Select a base like Pearl Harbor and the menu takes forever to display and forever to vacate when you select exit.

< Message edited by gdsnake -- 8/15/2015 10:47:19 PM >

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 66
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/15/2015 10:29:15 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: gdsnake

Okay,

I upgraded to Win 10 and my scrolling is messed up with the mouse or keyboard inputs. I've tried all the permutations of the switches to no effect. Here is what I notice:

If you select an open hex, say water, then scrolling is normal. As you select 'items' with more and more 'details' the scrolling slows.

For example: Select open water - scroll is 100%. Select a single sub - scroll is 80%. Select a task force 10-20 ships - scroll is 50%. Select a base with large data like planes and ships in port - scroll is 10%. Select Pearl Harbor - scroll is 1%.

Also, the more map detail = slower scroll. Open water = 100%. Over China = 50%.

I have the absolute latest updates of my Nvidia drivers and Win 10 upgrades.

Again, I tried EVERY switch setting singly and in combinations. I tired windowed versus full screen - I tried everything and all fail for scrolling.

Windows 10 home 64 bit build 10240 English Intel i7 3.1 GHz memory 6144 RAM Direct X 12 Nvidia GTX 650TI 5058 MB

The only change from the game working perfectly in Win 7 was the upgrade to Win 10.

any thoughts?

EDIT: Also, when you select or deselect 'items' in the game, the larger the data = the longer to select. In other words, select a base with no ships, men or planes and the menu comes up quickly. Select a base like Pearl Harbor and the menu takes forever to display and forever to vacate when you select exit.

Yes.

• To get out of the way what is normal, when you deal with things that have more 'stuff', it does take longer to open them. Usually it is still quick enough that you won't notice.
• I don't know what you mean by "scrolling is messed up with the mouse or keyboard inputs". You do describe slow scrolling, but do you also mean something else?
• When you tried various switches, did you type them in or copy & paste from the documentation? There is a known problem with copy & pasting from the documentation. The documentation is meant to 'look right' visually, and so the document uses a different character instead of the "-" (regular old dash). If you copied and pasted from the doc, delete the dashes and type them in by hand.
• Spelling of switches must be exact. Any misspelled switch will be ignored. So if you try a switch that might have solved the problem, but it was not exact, then you might think it failed when in reality it was not even recognized. For example "-deepColor" is correct but "-deepcolor", "-DeepColor", "-Deepcolor" and so on will all simply be ignored.
• The most likely switches to help (that have helped lots of people moving from Win7 to Win8/8.1 or Win10): "-deepColor", and/or "-SingleCpuOrders", and/or "-dd_sw". (I can make typos too, so check the spelling!)

< Message edited by witpqs -- 8/15/2015 11:30:47 PM >

(in reply to gdpsnake1979)
Post #: 67
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/15/2015 11:40:18 PM   
gdpsnake1979

• To get out of the way what is normal, when you deal with things that have more 'stuff', it does take longer to open them. Usually it is still quick enough that you won't notice.
• I don't know what you mean by "scrolling is messed up with the mouse or keyboard inputs". You do describe slow scrolling, but do you also mean something else?
• When you tried various switches, did you type them in or copy & paste from the documentation? There is a known problem with copy & pasting from the documentation. The documentation is meant to 'look right' visually, and so the document uses a different character instead of the "-" (regular old dash). If you copied and pasted from the doc, delete the dashes and type them in by hand.
• Spelling of switches must be exact. Any misspelled switch will be ignored. So if you try a switch that might have solved the problem, but it was not exact, then you might think it failed when in reality it was not even recognized. For example "-deepColor" is correct but "-deepcolor", "-DeepColor", "-Deepcolor" and so on will all simply be ignored.
• The most likely switches to help (that have helped lots of people moving from Win7 to Win8/8.1 or Win10): "-deepColor", and/or "-SingleCpuOrders", and/or "-dd_sw". (I can make typos too, so check the spelling!)

Thank you for the reply.

Point 1. Selecting a base like Pearl Harbor entails a delay of 5-10 seconds of real time before the menu pops up. Selecting 'exit' on the menu requires 3-5 seconds of real time to actually disappear. So, yes VERY noticeable delays.
Point 2. Using the mouse to scroll or using the arrow keys to scroll the map left-right or up-down is what I'm talking about. If you scroll with nothing selected like a base or ship then there is a smooth continuous scroll. If something is selected then the scrolling is delayed and moves 1 hex at a time with a delay between motions depending on the selection. With Pearl harbor selected that delay between 'moves' is 5-10 seconds of real time.
Scrolling option is set at zero BTW.
Point 3. I typed in the different switches, I did NOT cut and paste. I am quite familiar with doing that task.
Point 4. Yes, I'm sure I spelled them exactly including punctuation, spacing and capital letters where required.
Point 5. I tried, -deepColor -SingleCpuOrders and -dd_sw . I tried them separately. I tried them in every combo. I also tried the -f and -w as well as -dual -4cpu px#### and py#### matching my desktop and other resolutions. I tried them all.
I also tried running the program directly without autorun. I have the latest version of the game. The display is fine, all the mechanics work except you can't play when you have to wait 10 seconds to select/deselect or scroll the map.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 68
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/16/2015 12:48:15 AM   
witpqs

Can you cut & paste here the Target line from the shortcut you are using?

Post #: 69
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/16/2015 4:57:06 AM   
GeorgePatton

Thanks all. I'll try the -deepColor by itself.

BTW, I also tried to turn off hexes and clouds too if that helped any but it didn't.

I guess if worse comes to worse, I'll just restore point to Win 7 and use it for now since I really want to finish my game LOL!

War...war never changes.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 70
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/16/2015 5:08:56 AM   
GeorgePatton

Thanks Claymore and m10bob but those switches didn't improve anything.

I'm going to switch back to Win 7 and not deal with the Win 10 for now.

Hopefully some kind soul can help to patch WITPAE for Win 10 :-)

I'm guessing it could be my ATI radeon video drivers but I just upgraded the latest drivers too for Win 10.

< Message edited by GeorgePatton -- 8/16/2015 6:09:45 AM >

War...war never changes.

Post #: 71
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/16/2015 5:48:53 AM   
GeorgePatton

Hey I figured it out.

Under preferences in game, I set my map scrolling to 0 and turned off both the air group movement radius and task force movement radius.

Apparently when the radius are shown on the map, it really slows down the map scrolling and keyboard responses on my machine.

Although I like the radius feature but I will have to learn to live without it for now. (since I can't do a restore point back to Win 7 ugh!)

Hopefully this might be an easy fix for some hot shot programmer :-)

< Message edited by GeorgePatton -- 8/16/2015 6:50:42 AM >

War...war never changes.

Post #: 72
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/16/2015 5:50:34 AM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: GeorgePatton

Hey I figured it out.

Under preferences in game, I set my map scrolling to 0 and turned off both the air group movement radius and task force movement radius.

Apparently when the radius are shown on the map, it really slows down the map scrolling and keyboard responses on my machine.

Hopefully this might be an easy fix for some hot shot programmer :-)

When the 'z' hotkey is selected and there are lots of search arcs that slows things down too! All the extra display stuff does.

Post #: 73
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/16/2015 5:53:08 AM   
GeorgePatton

What's odd is that all the "extras" on display worked fine with Win 7 but Win 10 is supposed to be a vast upgrade and now it's vastly slowed down :-)

Can't figure that out LOL!

Anyway, I'm happy now. At least I can run the damn game again.

So for those that still have problems with switches or still have issues with slow responses in game...just turn OFF the radius for TF and air groups in Preferences setting and set map scroll delay to 0

< Message edited by GeorgePatton -- 8/16/2015 6:55:33 AM >

War...war never changes.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 74
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/16/2015 6:02:44 AM   
witpqs

quote:

What's odd is that all the "extras" on display worked fine with Win 7 but Win 10 is supposed to be a vast upgrade and now it's vastly slowed down :-)

Can't figure that out LOL!

For me it's Win 7 for my main (desktop) PC that I'm talking about.

If you saw that difference from Win7 to Win10, my first guess would be drivers. If there are no updated Win10 drives available now for that hardware, maybe there will be in a few months.

Post #: 75
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/16/2015 8:54:22 AM   
wdolson

Who knows with Microsoft. If they changed the way video works in some way, the video drivers could be messed up, but I've worked with drivers. They are mission critical code, so you have to be very careful writing them, but they are generally pretty simple and straightforward. Video drivers being about the only exception to that, but even at that they are fairly simple compared to higher level programs on the computer. The primary reason drivers quit working is the OS is programmed not to accept drivers older than a certain point.

Windows has only had two major architecture changes that would have made old drivers obsolete:

1) Win 3.1 to Win 95 was still DOS based, but the way multitasking was done was radically different and that affected how drivers worked.
2) DOS based to NT based (NT uses a highly modified UNIX kernel) - there were a few years where both versions of Windows were available from NT 3.1 (first NT version) until Windows ME (last DOS version).

Windows 2000 and XP were actually version 5.x and Vista/7/8 were Windows 6.x. They skipped 7.x, 8.x, and 9.x and Windows 10 starts the 10.x architecture. There are some major changes from 5.x to 6.x to 10.x, but the low level I/O system hasn't changed architecture that much. The way drivers are written has changed and Microsoft now requires more validation before drivers will install, but the actual core architecture has not changed much since the introduction of NT. If they wanted to allow old NT drivers to run on Windows 10, they could make it happen. They work with hardware makers to try and get people to buy new hardware, so it's in their best interest not to support older hardware.

I haven't touched a version of Windows that wasn't at least on SP1 since Windows 95. Microsoft has a history of their latest and greatest being buggy. Personally I think Windows has been declining in quality since Windows 2000/XP. Vista and 8 were/are terrible and 7 is not as good as XP, IMO. Especially Windows Explorer. I used to have WE open all the time when working, but they broke it so badly with Win 7 I had to find a third party solution that still isn't quite as good as WE on XP, but it's better than WE on Win 7.

Another annoying thing MS does is change the way things work for the heck of it. They change the way things work so we all have to learn the new way it works rather than just getting things done with the way the tool used to work. I have work to do, I don't want to waste my valuable time trying to learn where they moved the control I'm looking for.

I don't use Mac OS, but my SO does. She won't upgrade to Yosemite (the latest version) because Apple borked that too.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 76
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/16/2015 1:04:25 PM   
Disco Duck

quote:

I don't use Mac OS, but my SO does. She won't upgrade to Yosemite (the latest version) because Apple borked that too.

Yes they did.

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 77
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/16/2015 2:06:17 PM   
Bearcat2

I used this and it is actually has quicker response than my previous WIN7;
"E:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -deepColor -dd_sw -SingleCpuOrders

My machine WIN10
i5 -2500K @3.30GHz Quad Core
RAM 8 GB
64 bit
NVidia GTX 560 - Driver version 10.18.13.5560 [latest WIN10 driver for my Nvidia card]

I forgot to add that Direct Drive for this game and many others that I have, and installing WIN 10 do not like each other; at least they do not on my machine, that is why I use the -dd_sw

< Message edited by Termite2 -- 8/16/2015 3:17:07 PM >

"After eight years as President I have only two regrets: that I have not shot Henry Clay or hanged John C. Calhoun."--1837

(in reply to Disco Duck)
Post #: 78
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/16/2015 3:42:47 PM   
gdpsnake1979

witpqs,

No offense but it would not do any good to cut and paste an example as I've used so many without any solution. The typing is no different than here: -deepColor or -dd_sw or any other I've typed in these postings.

Currently, I don't have ANY switches but I tried GeorgePatton's idea of turning off the TF and Plane radius options. Sure enough, without any switches, the game works and the scrolling is much faster with keyboards or mouse.

This leads me to believe my original theories are correct (read previous thread about volume versus delay) in that the game slowdown in Win 10 is proportional to the amount of display data requested. Even with the radius turned off, the game still scrolls slower over China than over the ocean (higher/more diplay data needed).

I have a Nvidia GTX 650TI card with the latest (Aug 13 355.6 version) driver but the chatter is even this latest driver did not solve the fps problem Nvidia cards have with Win 10. I am not a geek but I can guess the issue is with Nvidia cards not being able to refresh the rate of display as the amount of data requested increases; therefore, reducing the data either by turning off options or selecting smaller samples works.

This fps/refresh rate problem persists regardless of windowed versus full screen, cpu, color selection or direct switching; hence, no combo of switches will provide any NOTICIBLE effect because none of the switches actually reduce the data on the display - just adjust how the data is displayed.

Again, just my guessing based on limited knowledge - just have to wait until Nvidia actually produces a driver compatible with Win 10 that truly solves the fps and display refresh issues. Until then, the game is somewhat playable with the radius turned off - Thank you GeorgePatton for that.

As to Termite's response, I notice he has 8 gigs of Ram compared to my 6. I have studied my performance through the task manager options and I notice that Win 10 is a real Memory Pig so even though 4 or 6 Gigs of Ram should be sufficient (even 2 Gigs if you believe MS) I don't think it is watching my resource monitor results. I ponder if upgrading to more ram would help the video situation? All my high end video memory games are exhibiting this behavior so it's not just a WITP issue. How much do you have GeorgePatton?

< Message edited by gdsnake -- 8/16/2015 4:54:36 PM >

(in reply to Bearcat2)
Post #: 79
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/16/2015 4:16:15 PM   
GeorgePatton

gdsnake - Glad it worked for you. I'm guessing that the majority of those here who have Win 10 and Nvidia seem to have a better results of using switches...whereas I have AMD ATI Radeon card. Radeon drivers might be more problematic than NVidia since NVidia is more widely used and tested.

I know you have an Nvidia card as well but it hasn't been working for you.

I have 8GB RAM and 1GB video ram on my HD6800 card.

I do have another newer rig with 16GB RAM and Radeon R9 with 4GB video ram but I haven't yet tried it yet (its in another location). I'll post an update when I do.

Finally, try turning off the clouds and hexes as that also adds to display graphics.

< Message edited by GeorgePatton -- 8/16/2015 5:19:11 PM >

War...war never changes.

Post #: 80
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/16/2015 5:41:53 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: gdsnake

witpqs,

No offense but it would not do any good to cut and paste an example as I've used so many without any solution.

I understand. See post #39 on page 2 of this thread for an example of an error in the other part of the Target line. autorun.exe reportedly does not pass along switches to the game executable, so if you reference it any switches you use are simply ignored.

Post #: 81
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/16/2015 9:00:52 PM   
gdpsnake1979

WITPQS,

I thank you for your persistent and determined help.

Indeed, post 39 was my problem. Once I fixed the line without the auto.exe, I found that 1 switch did work for me, that of -deepColor. The game is now running as in Win 7 and I was able to re-select the plane and ship radius movements with only some degradation.

The other switches had no effect. However, there is still a slight lag when scrolling over a lot of land like China. As an aside, if I now turn off the radius options, the game scrolls like a cat on fire! LOL! This leads me to believe Nvidia still needs to fix their drivers for Win 10 but the game is quite playable now.

Thank you.

Played with more switches and got what I wanted with very fast scrolling. Turns out to be: -deepColor -dd_sw -f -px1920 -py1080 - altFont.
Altfont easier to see and sizing full screen to my monitor resolution covers the most ground. Regardless of font or screen sizing, the combo of deepcolor and dd_sw allows the game to scroll extremely fast. I don't need -r because I use the awesome map mod from the mod threads.

Thanks again.

< Message edited by gdsnake -- 8/16/2015 10:38:24 PM >

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 82
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/17/2015 12:45:22 AM   
witpqs

I'm very happy I was able to help!

Post #: 83
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/17/2015 5:16:21 AM   
GeorgePatton

Ok I have egg on my face and quite embarrassing to admit but I went back to review my target line and it was set to autorun.exe instead of War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe. Obviously my switches didn't work.

Now my game is up and running as it should be....very fast even with the radius turned on.

Anyway, don't know how autorun.exe got slipped in there. I'm guessing something happened due to an earlier WITPAE patch update but everything was fine with Win 7. Hmmmm another mystery.

But thanks all for your helpful feedback.

< Message edited by GeorgePatton -- 8/17/2015 6:16:52 AM >

War...war never changes.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 84
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/18/2015 1:58:03 AM   
ncarson

I've been following along, but can't get the game to run in win 10 with GTX970. Had hoped to take advantage of my 65 inch monitor, but it won't run other than in a small box.
Tis a shame, but I'll probably have to wait until the full game gets updated (hint, hint...) I've tried so many combinations of parameters I can't even remember them all!

Post #: 85
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/18/2015 2:58:05 AM   
GeorgePatton

65 in. monitor!!!!!?!!! Dang...can I come over and play

War...war never changes.

(in reply to ncarson)
Post #: 86
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/18/2015 9:11:10 PM   
ncarson

If you are the one on the right (in your pic), you're more than welcome!

Post #: 87
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/21/2015 1:41:05 PM   
pws1225

Just a quick note on my experience upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I had many of the same issues described by other posters in this thread and tried many of the same solutions but still had sluggish performance when I could get the game to run at all. I finally tried running the compatibility mode diagnostic which fixed all my problems.

Here is what I did:
1 - Right click the game icon and select the "Troubleshoot Compatibility"
2 - Select "Troubleshoot program"
3 - Select BOTH the "Program worked in earlier versions of Windows ..." AND the "Program opens but doesn't display correctly" symptoms then click Next
4 - The Troubleshoot Compatibility diagnostic will ask which version of Windows you are upgrading from. I selected Windows 7 then clicked Next.
5 - Test run the game using the button provided by the Troubleshoot Compatibility then exit the game.
6 - Select "Save Settings".

After doing this, the game runs just as it did under Windows 7.

And FWIW, here are the command line switches that I use:
"F:\Matrix Games - Todd PBEM\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -f -px1280 -py1024 -altFont -skipVideo -dd_sw -archive -SingleCpuOrders -deepColor

I hope this helps,
Regards, Paul

< Message edited by pws1225 -- 8/22/2015 10:23:32 AM >

(in reply to ncarson)
Post #: 88
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/21/2015 7:16:14 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: pws1225

Just a quick note on my experience upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I had many of the same issues described by other posters in this thread and tried many of the same solutions but still had sluggish performance when I could get the game to run at all. I finally tried running the compatibility mode diagnostic which fixed all my problems.

Here is what I did:
3 - Select BOTH the "Program worked in earlier versions of Windows ..." AND the "Program opens but doesn't display correctly" symptoms then click Next
4 - The Troubleshoot Compatibility diagnostic will ask which version of Windows you are upgrading from. I selected Windows 7 then clicked Next.
5 - Test run the game using the button provided by the Troubleshoot Compatibility then exit the game.

And FWIW, here are the command line switched that I use:
"F:\Matrix Games - Todd PBEM\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -f -px1280 -py1024 -altFont -skipVideo -dd_sw -archive -SingleCpuOrders -deepColor

I hope this helps,
Regards, Paul

Thanks!

Are you able to see the settings that resulted from that Windows process? Are they in the shortcut and could you post them? Being able to snag a pic of that would be nice.

(in reply to pws1225)
Post #: 89
RE: Win10 upgrade issue - 8/22/2015 12:06:07 PM   
pws1225

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: pws1225

Here is what I did:

And FWIW, here are the command line switched that I use:

I hope this helps,
Regards, Paul

Thanks!

Are you able to see the settings that resulted from that Windows process? Are they in the shortcut and could you post them? Being able to snag a pic of that would be nice.

The only visible change that I could see was after right-clicking the shortcut and selecting properties, under the "Compatibility" tab, the Compatibility Mode switch is now checked and Windows 7 has been selected as the compatibility mode in which the game runs. Since I did not manually select these switches, I presume Windows did. I would take a screen shot for you but haven't a clue how to do it. :-)

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Win10 upgrade issue Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI