Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: In Progress Massive Mod.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> RE: In Progress Massive Mod. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: In Progress Massive Mod. - 10/2/2015 3:07:11 PM   
kirk23

I thought you guys should know that I'm still working on this massive mod, and naval research has a new tech. (DOUBLE BOTTOM HULL PROTECTION!)

Attachment (1)

Make it so!

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 31
RE: In Progress Massive Mod. - 10/2/2015 4:22:56 PM   
kirk23

Another new tech joins the battlefield,the Infantry Mortar!

Attachment (1)

Make it so!

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 32
RE: In Progress Massive Mod. - 10/2/2015 4:24:14 PM   
kirk23

Infantry Mortar in game description. The game designers may feel that they have taken the game as far as they can, but I'm not in this for financial gain, I want to take this superb game on to another level, so watch this space many more new Research Tech are in development, I'm far from finished with this project I can assure you of that, this game a has a very bright future.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by kirk23 -- 10/2/2015 5:30:02 PM >

Make it so!

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 33
RE: In Progress Massive Mod. - 10/2/2015 4:50:37 PM   
operating

Hi Kirk!

I'm thrilled you have been working on this mod. FYI: The MP community is still very active. This new double-bottom, does that mean we are going to have minelaying capabilities in this new mod?

All the best, Bob

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 34
RE: In Progress Massive Mod. - 10/2/2015 5:13:21 PM   
kirk23

Hi Bob,
Not a the moment the tech is only in the game because mines were used a lot during the war, something that the game a present does not mention, mines were a huge problem during the first world war.

Make it so!

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 35
RE: In Progress Massive Mod. - 10/2/2015 6:20:14 PM   
Cataphract88

Glad to hear from you again, Kirk.

Richard

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 36
RE: In Progress Massive Mod. - 10/2/2015 6:23:19 PM   
kirk23

Thanks Richard.

I'm multi-tasking at the moment, I have been working on improving my huge WAR PLAN ORANGE scenario Pandora's box which I completed earlier this week, If interested there is a new download link for it over at the War Plan Orange forum.
I'm also deep into testing a new scenario for Strategic Command WW1 Breakthrough which should be ready for uploading some time next week all going well.

< Message edited by kirk23 -- 10/2/2015 7:28:50 PM >

Make it so!

(in reply to Cataphract88)
Post #: 37
RE: In Progress Massive Mod. - 10/2/2015 8:03:45 PM   
operating

Kirk,

Something to consider: How about making Capitals forts also, or have permanent fortifications (entrenchments) of some sort in or around Capitals. Maybe not all Capitals, perhaps some.

Just thinking, Bob

< Message edited by operating -- 10/2/2015 9:04:37 PM >

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 38
RE: In Progress Massive Mod. - 10/3/2015 11:02:41 PM   
kirk23

Tear gas makes its appearance in game, with France leading the way to first use,as per history.

Attachment (1)

Make it so!

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 39
RE: In Progress Massive Mod. - 10/4/2015 9:09:47 AM   
kirk23

Tear Gas effects.

Attachment (1)

Make it so!

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 40
RE: In Progress Massive Mod. - 10/7/2015 7:35:13 AM   
kirk23

Due to constant crashes while trying to mod the in game Lua scripts, I have had enough this project is now abandoned I have uninstalled the game completely. I won't be playing it anymore,I'm moving on to other games that come with an editor, and don't have Lua scripts that drive you up the ******* wall.

WITP AE Editor is easy to use and is one of the best available for any game on the market today

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by kirk23 -- 10/7/2015 8:56:48 AM >

Make it so!

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 41
RE: In Progress Massive Mod. - 10/7/2015 3:13:07 PM   
operating

Did have hope you would succeed!

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 42
RE: In Progress Massive Mod. - 10/8/2015 2:36:12 AM   
operating

quote:

Due to constant crashes while trying to mod the in game Lua scripts, I have had enough this project is now abandoned I have uninstalled the game completely. I won't be playing it anymore,I'm moving on to other games that come with an editor, and don't have Lua scripts that drive you up the ******* wall.

It could be that you are trying too hard to get the MAX out of this game for your MOD. You have been adding a lot of new features, certainly some I'd love to see in this MOD. How about scaling your improvement load back to where the mod works and go from there. Over at the Slitherine CTGW forum there a couple of members who have been running into roadblocks also trying to make mods. They are sharing ideas and comparing notes, almost as a collaborative but on different or divergent tracks. If you have not already done so, go over and take a peek in the mod thread.

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 43
RE: In Progress Massive Mod. - 10/8/2015 8:04:47 AM   
kirk23

Hi Bob, You are correct I'm trying to hard to include all that I want to see in the game,actually work in the game how I want it to. The good news is I still have all my Data files backed up, so nothing is lost. The bad news is somewhere within the Data files, there is a problem that keeps crashing the game, and after countless hours, I still have not tracked it down! To say I'm frustrated is an understatment,Lua files might be a breeze to someone who knows the language, like the back of there hand, I'm not in that position,all that I know is from trial and error, and at the moment I want to scream and scream and scream!!!!!!!!

Make it so!

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 44
RE: In Progress Massive Mod. - 10/8/2015 10:43:24 AM   
operating

Hi Kirk!

The indicator I use is the redirect count currently: Redirect Count: 4856 to get an idea about CTGW game sales, it might not be accurate as to the number games sold (some just inquiries), none the less the number is advancing everyday of people who are interested in the CTGW. When I think about it, the game is not that old (released (November 2012) less than 3 years ago, the game is still a puppy compared to some other popular games at the forums, or on the market. Meet new buyers of the game all the time in CTGW MP, meet and chat with them everyday, as well as the veterans of the game, currently I have 10 to 13 or so MP matches going on as of this writing and there are plenty of others who are paired up, or looking for opponents. The interest is there for this mod you are creating, even though most do not express it on the forum.

Take heart and regroup ole Buddy, plus a personal Thanks, Bob

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 45
RE: In Progress Massive Mod. - 10/8/2015 11:24:27 AM   
kirk23

All the new research tech and events work as they should in game, its just that something unrelated to these additions is causing a crash on the AI turn when it plays as the Central Powers?

Make it so!

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 46
RE: In Progress Massive Mod. - 10/8/2015 8:31:29 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: kirk23

All the new research tech and events work as they should in game, its just that something unrelated to these additions is causing a crash on the AI turn when it plays as the Central Powers?

Sure wish I could help, the last game I edited was HPS's France 1940 several years ago, many options there, would not even attempt to try doing the same in CTGW. On the scale your approaching, there's just no way I would try and be successful. Yes, see others who are not inclined to go through rigorous playtesting to solve what should be simple problems, however I do envy those who have the talent to take on making mods.

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 47
RE: In Progress Massive Mod. - 10/9/2015 4:49:15 AM   
kirk23

While I'm taking a wee break from all the nipping head work, that Modding CTGW puts you throu. I have been over at NWS Rule The Waves.

You Can Find The Link To Their Forum Here.

NWS

< Message edited by kirk23 -- 10/9/2015 5:51:46 AM >

Make it so!

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 48
RE: In Progress Massive Mod. - 10/9/2015 11:21:22 AM   
operating

Hello Kirk,

Yes, I used to buy a lot of games over at NWS down in Florida, used to call the owner at his home to put in game orders before they went with Amazon. Nice fella, could hear a baby in the background crying and such, could tell he had his hands full.

Later, Bob

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 49
RE: In Progress Massive Mod. - 10/9/2015 12:28:04 PM   
kirk23

Hi Bob,
I checked out the Slitherine forum and had an interesting read, on some of the Mods being discussed there. Who knows some time in the future we might be able to work together to create a lot more scenarios for CTGW, I certainly would be willing, instead of working on my lonesome all the time.

Make it so!

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 50
RE: In Progress Massive Mod. - 10/9/2015 9:46:13 PM   
operating

Lesson learned #1 with editing: Save original game or game scenario to a separate folder. That's one I did not follow, thus could not get back to factory settings.
Lesson #2. Have a goal in mind

Lesson #3. Learn about the editing function, experiment, do saves, ect.. Is it easy to understand? HPS games editing IIRC was not terribly hard to use.

Lua, on the other hand is Chinese to me, can't say that it has "help editor" or not? I could give it a go, however, I do not have a goal! For me to be involved I'll need direction and most likely be a giant PITA to you. I'm a pessimist and optimist at the same time, plus you maybe creating a real monster unwittingly. Heck, I might even like it. I'll google to see what info is on the web about lua. Does not mean I am all in...

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 51
RE: In Progress Massive Mod. - 10/10/2015 12:38:12 AM   
operating

Kirk,

Whew! For a little bit thought "we" meant you and me, however after reading the Slitherine MOD thread, realized you had just hooked up and exchanging ideas with members on mod .09 over there. That's excellent!

Keep it up, Bob

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 52
RE: In Progress Massive Mod. - 10/10/2015 8:23:13 AM   
kirk23

Yes I can highly recommend everyone plays this mod it is fab.

Mod created by : Sabratha

Download links for 0.9 version:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=36186318207121079026
http://www.filedropper.com/allthismadness-ctgwmod09
Each link contains the full mod, you don't need to download from 2 links.

INSTALLATION:
Unzip the Data file to your main CTGW directory (place the data folder in the same place where the ctgw.exe is). Overwrite all files as promted.

NOTES:
1. Best make a separate intallation, or a backup just in case.
2. The mod is built to work with the english language file. Running the mod in any other language will likley result in a crash due to the way the files are structured.
3. Please feel free to comment and reports bugs in thsi thread. This is a beta version.
4. So far only the 1914 scenario is playable, others might result in a crash. More scenarios will come in later versions of the mod.

CHANGELOG
- Gameplay extended to December 1919.
- Sunk dreadnaughts incur a 5 morale loss (20 morale was the vanilla setting), with the exemption of Britain, which will lose 10 morale for each dreadnaught lost.
- Moving land units results in a small (0.4) efficiency drop. This will become visible only in prolonged mobile campaigns. This is 1914, not 1944.
- Damage capacity of fighters, bombers and naval units attacking land units was reduced.
- Bombers will take more time to be researched.
- Rail guns will take less time to be researched.
- If Paris falls before Italy enters the war, there is a chance taht Italy will switch sides.
- If Italy will join the Central Powers, Austria will cede Trento to Italy.
- There is a 10% chance that Russia will launch a surprise attack on the Swedish fleet at the begining of the war, resulting in sweden joining the Central powers.
- There is a small chance that the German Asian squadron under von Spee will manage to brake out into the Atlantic.
- There is a small chance that the British will deliver to Turkey the two dreadnaughts being completed in 1914 in UK shipyards. This will delay Turkey's entry into the war.
- Manpower dropping below certain levels will result in a special event and a morale loss.
- The British may now proceed with offensives on the Mesopotamian front, drawing supply from Abadan.
- If the UK and Turkey are at war, Kuwait will switch sides and join the Entente.
- If the war is not going well for the Entente, it migth prompt an early Irish war of independance. Ireland will then act as an active CP faction.
- If the war is not going well for the Entente, it migth prompt an early Wafdist uprising in Egypt. Egypt will then act as an active CP faction.
- If Russia surrenders and the war is not going well for Turkey, a republic will be established in Transcaucasia. Transcaucasia will then act as an active Entente faction.
- Small chance for German submarine warfare pulling the Dutch into the war on the side of the Entente.
- USA will sue for a white peace if all its major allies in Europe are defeated.
- Small chance that the Turkish call for Jihad will be met with some sucess amongst the arabs.
- As the war drags to late 1917 and beyond with no clear victor, there will be a sepcial chain of events lowerign global morale due to War-weariness.
- Strikes and protests on the home front may erupt in case of low morale and a prolonged war.
- Austro-Hungary will now be more brittle, possibly flaling apart before the war ends.
- Several minor or flavor events regarding the war outside Europe - mostly regarding Asian, Pacific and African colonies.
- Modified Austro-Hungarian graphics for eearly war units. The uniforms will now be blue, as historical.
- If the war is going particularly poorly for the Entente, Spain may join the war on teh side of CP (small chance).
- There is a small chance that the Grimm-Hoffman affair will escalate into a French declaration of war on Switzerland.
- Chances of colonial unrest for France or Britain if the war is goign badly for them, which will lead to furtehr morale loss.
- More fortresses ahave been added.
- Some city PP values have been slightly altered. The Russian PP centrepoint has been moved west, with the western regions now having more valuable city centers.

Known Bugs&Issues:
- Naval battle of the Falkland islands event has no description and flavor text is missing.
- Some commanders have a name, but no description.
- City of Hamadan is too far north.
- Manchester city has no name on map (FIXED)

Version 1.0 coming when more tests are done with 0.9.
1.0 is planned to include more factions, more scenarios aside of the 1914 one (including hypotethical non-historical ones), more minor and flavor events.

< Message edited by kirk23 -- 10/10/2015 9:25:58 AM >

Make it so!

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 53
RE: In Progress Massive Mod. - 10/12/2015 8:48:16 PM   
AdmiralSarek

"Due to constant crashes while trying to mod the in game Lua scripts, I have had enough this project is now abandoned I have uninstalled the game completely. I won't be playing it anymore,I'm moving on to other games that come with an editor, and don't have Lua scripts that drive you up the ******* wall."

I am almost sure that this crashing has nothing to do with your changes. I have never had a game agaisnt the AI work for more than about 30 turns before crashing, and this is before I loaded your nice modifications. 30 turns is usually enough to know you will win agaisnt the AI anyway. I have found that if you leave all fleets alone, or disband them the game is more stable agaisnt the AI. The bug seems to be in the AI logic, probably to do with ships, which lets face it are a lot harder to code than land warfare.

The lesson here is that the AI is crap, don't bother with it. Modifying how the game works might invalidate the AI anyway, and paying agaisnt people is far better for games like this, the AI is just a training tool.

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 54
RE: In Progress Massive Mod. - 10/12/2015 11:03:12 PM   
operating

Hello Admiral,

Long time no see! Got your message. I'm subscribed to this forum, so any new post automatically sends a email notification to my home account. You might want to take a look over at the CTGW Slitherine MOD sub-forum, there's been a lot of activity there lately. Have a few MP matches going on right now, if you want to do the dance later on, let me know.

All the best, Bob

(in reply to AdmiralSarek)
Post #: 55
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> RE: In Progress Massive Mod. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI