Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Moving/attacking stack

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> Moving/attacking stack Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Moving/attacking stack - 8/7/2015 9:33:19 AM   
nilssone85

Hi
Is there a possibility in the game of moving and/or attacking with a entire stack instead of individually?
Post #: 1
RE: Moving/attacking stack - 8/7/2015 2:02:53 PM   
paulderynck

Yes - for overruns. You can select an entire stack and left click on a destination hex. For regular movement the game enforces stacking limits at all times (unlike the boardgame where overstacking is OK until the end of the movement phase). So usually trying to move stacks around on a static or semi-static front would be quite a pain logistically due to all the overstacks the game won't let you make.

Paul

(in reply to nilssone85)
Post #: 2
RE: Moving/attacking stack - 8/9/2015 3:45:42 AM   
Courtenay

From Vol 1 of the Player's Manual:
quote:

8.4.5.2. LAND MOVEMENT
Group Movement
If you want to move several units as a group (e.g., to conduct an overrun) you can either select them using the Flyouts form (see Section 8.4.6), the Units in Hex form (see Section 8.7.1.25), or using Ctrl Left Click in the unit’s start hex (see Section 11.8). All the units you select have to have started the impulse in the same hex. Once you have selected a group of units, you move them the same way you move a single unit.

I thought I knew how to play this game....

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 3
RE: Moving/attacking stack - 8/17/2015 10:37:51 AM   
Joseignacio

quote:

ORIGINAL: nilssone85

Hi
Is there a possibility in the game of moving and/or attacking with a entire stack instead of individually?

You can move any stack of units even not in an overrun together, although Paul is right that if you wan also to destroy enemy units it needs to be in an overrun. From RAW::

quote:

11.11.1 How to move land units
You can move your land units one by one, or stack by stack, as you choose. You must finish moving the unit(s) you are moving before you can start moving another unit.

As for attacking with an entire stack, it's obvious you can. Even with many stacks. (Just in case, Overrun is not an attack).

< Message edited by Joseignacio -- 8/17/2015 11:38:24 AM >

(in reply to nilssone85)
Post #: 4
RE: Moving/attacking stack - 8/17/2015 11:35:48 PM   
paulderynck

One attack you can't do in WiF - that you can do in many other wargames - is have one unit attack two adjacent enemy hexes. WiF and MWiF specifically prohibit that.

Paul

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> Moving/attacking stack Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI