Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any progress on AI?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Any progress on AI? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any progress on AI? - 9/3/2015 10:43:18 AM   
Rising-Sun

Been awhile since the game been out, wont plan on buying it unless it comes in with decent AI opponents. Just wondering how much progress did you get on the AI situations? This will help new players to understand and experiment with the game before playing with PBEMs.

Post #: 1
RE: Any progress on AI? - 9/3/2015 11:08:56 AM   
Joseignacio

Good Joke!!!

No, seriously, it seems the game is pretty stalled for several reasons, so this doesn't seem to be in the list of future developments.

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 2
RE: Any progress on AI? - 9/3/2015 12:52:05 PM   
bean5671

I second this question
been lurking here for years waiting
will buy it with an AI at the current price point without an AI the price would have to be reduced to under $30 for my to buy this

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 3
RE: Any progress on AI? - 9/3/2015 2:47:58 PM   
Rising-Sun

quote:

ORIGINAL: bean5671

I second this question
been lurking here for years waiting
will buy it with an AI at the current price point without an AI the price would have to be reduced to under $30 for my to buy this

Yeah it wouldn't be a bad idea if they mark it down, at least 50% off. But still I don't even know if I will like it and finding players to play with it a gamble. So there is no guarantee even if you bought the game as it is without AI opponents and not be able to find suitable players.

(in reply to bean5671)
Post #: 4
RE: Any progress on AI? - 9/4/2015 3:04:32 AM   
juntoalmar

Hi,

I think it will take a while until an AI is available. You can find it 50% on special promotions, like (probably) Christmas.

I'm playing it solitary and online with another player, and I'm enjoying it lots. Cost / hours of play is highly favorable in my case. It hasn't been a cheap game, but it's the best wargame I have ever played.

Obviously, that's only a personal opinion, and you should use your own judgement. If you ask me, think about it well, as it may not be for everyone.

Cheers,

(my humble blog about wargames, in spanish) http://cabezadepuente.blogspot.com.es/

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 5
RE: Any progress on AI? - 9/4/2015 3:18:22 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: RisingSun

Been awhile since the game been out, wont plan on buying it unless it comes in with decent AI opponents. Just wondering how much progress did you get on the AI situations? This will help new players to understand and experiment with the game before playing with PBEMs.
warspite1

If an AI is a deal-breaker then I would keep my money in my pocket if I was you. It ain't happening anytime soon as Internet play and solitaire bugs have priority.

As the game is at present you need to want to play this solitaire (which is actually quite fun - though limiting) or via e-mail, teamviewer or such like. I have no idea about teamviewer, but e-mail is workable provided you have an opponent you can trust, as dice rolls are in the hands of the player whose turn it is.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 6
RE: Any progress on AI? - 9/4/2015 3:33:55 AM   
76mm

The problem with even solitaire is the lack (after all this time!) of the half map scenarios. After playing Barbarossa several times, I wanted to play the Europe-only scenarios while I was learning, as I was kind of overwhelmed by, and not interested in, the vast Pacific theater, but in their absence I've put this one on the shelf.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 7
RE: Any progress on AI? - 9/4/2015 7:04:46 AM   
Rising-Sun

Well I didn't want to start any problems on this thread or the game itself, just giving it more options. Hopefully we will hear from the devs on how or what they are planning to do.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 8
RE: Any progress on AI? - 9/4/2015 10:27:34 AM   
LeeChard

quote:

ORIGINAL: 76mm

The problem with even solitaire is the lack (after all this time!) of the half map scenarios. After playing Barbarossa several times, I wanted to play the Europe-only scenarios while I was learning, as I was kind of overwhelmed by, and not interested in, the vast Pacific theater, but in their absence I've put this one on the shelf.

I knew when I bought the game that an AI was way down the road but I'm disappointed that the half map scenarios aren't playable yet.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 9
RE: Any progress on AI? - 9/4/2015 2:33:25 PM   
michaelbaldur

first the bugs in the released game have to be fixed, and netplay made.

then the focus will be to add new things.

not sure what the priority will be at that time, but sure that AI is high on the list

the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com

(in reply to LeeChard)
Post #: 10
RE: Any progress on AI? - 9/7/2015 11:27:22 AM   
Joseignacio

There were some comments by Steve, where the AI was high on the list, but I am too lazy to look for them. Anyway, IMO this is not as satisfactory as it seems, since the game seems to be going on extremely slowly for different reasons (health, software, ...)

(in reply to michaelbaldur)
Post #: 11
RE: Any progress on AI? - 9/7/2015 5:59:31 PM   
Numdydar

This is the issue with just a single developer doing things. But this is not the only game that just one person has developed. There are dozens of these types of games. Most of 2by3 games are only coded by Gary as an example.

But as using Steve was the only way this game would have ever been made in the first place, much less continuing to be improved, I'd rather take a snail's pace of improvement versus none at all. Like so many other games for sale here and elsewhere that have been abandoned.

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 12
RE: Any progress on AI? - 9/7/2015 7:28:20 PM   
Jagdtiger14

If you play by e-mail, you can/should use internet die roll generators. If you play by Skype, you can roll dice on your table.

Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Any progress on AI? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI