Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitE 2

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: WitE 2 Page: <<   < prev  43 44 [45] 46 47   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitE 2 - 6/21/2017 4:20:14 PM   
Joel Billings

It starts from the WitW engine so it has expanded air and logistics rules. It uses the War in Europe map that was in WitW (but with further work done in the eastern areas to improve it further). The OB started from WitE's OB but with further research and improvements. Basically all data areas are constantly being improved. From this starting point there are may additional changes including big ones like the event system and theater boxes and smaller ones like double and single rail lines on the map. If you have played WitE you will recognize about 50% of the game, and if you've played WitW, you'll recognize another 25% of the game (give or take). Having played both you'll be able to jump in quickly and start playing, but you'll find lots of subtle and not so subtle changes that will impact your strategies. In theory, by using the WiE map, we have the potential for someday having scenarios that include both east and west, although as has been mentioned before, anything before 1943 would require more involved naval rules or treating the Western Front as a Theater Box until 1943.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Hortlund)
Post #: 1321
RE: WitE 2 - 6/28/2017 4:41:12 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

To take a discussion from another thread over here: Will there be a WitE 2 wiki by default? It could be a great place to collect information which is not part of the manual and can concentrate player made resources which is usually spread out in the forum.
Regards

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 1322
RE: WitE 2 - 6/28/2017 6:32:34 PM   
morvael

I would be happy to see this. Nowadays games should have interactive updateable manuals partially made by community itself. Especially games as complex as WitE.

(in reply to EwaldvonKleist)
Post #: 1323
RE: WitE 2 - 6/29/2017 11:38:30 AM   
No idea

quote:

ORIGINAL: morvael

I would be happy to see this. Nowadays games should have interactive updateable manuals partially made by community itself. Especially games as complex as WitE.

Agreed. Especially for wite this is a must have. Many complex games have some fans that make the wiki work (with some help from developers for the more obscure parts).

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 1324
RE: WitE 2 - 7/15/2017 8:22:54 AM   
Searry

Just a request for WITE2.
Please let me split a division in a hex with 2 or 3 troops. This would lessen the number of clicks required. Now you have to move the division to a hex with 0 troops, press b, then move around the regiments. This is very tedious when you defend.

(in reply to No idea)
Post #: 1325
RE: WitE 2 - 7/15/2017 9:28:46 AM   
Naughteous Maximus

Will the Balkans, Bulgaria, Tito's Partisans, OB South-East all be included in WitE 2? If not, who's ass or asses do I have kiss to make it happen? Applying lip-balm now!

(in reply to Searry)
Post #: 1326
RE: WitE 2 - 7/15/2017 5:39:52 PM   
Joel Billings

There is a theater box for the Balkans with the troops that were there. It won't be an active on-map area.

-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Naughteous Maximus)
Post #: 1327
RE: WitE 2 - 7/15/2017 8:44:12 PM   
Commanderski

Where are you in the time line game wise for Alpha testing? I think the last update we had you guys were still in the winter of '41-42.

Post #: 1328
RE: WitE 2 - 7/17/2017 10:07:36 PM   
No idea

One thing that would improve the air warfare micromanagement a lot would be making a feature that sends your air groups automatically to reserve when morale drops below a certain value. Now it is a nightmare having to send them manually when the soviets can easily have 10 or 15 air groups per turn which have been decimated. Taking each one of them to reserve is "worth" several clicks

(in reply to Commanderski)
Post #: 1329
RE: WitE 2 - 7/17/2017 10:29:10 PM   
Naughteous Maximus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

There is a theater box for the Balkans with the troops that were there. It won't be an active on-map area.

Booooo! So no Russian invasion of the Balkans, no Bulgarian duplicity, no Bulgarians at all, no partisans, no German withdrawal from Greece, and I'm sure, no expansion pack for the Balkans. What a waste.

Post #: 1330
RE: WitE 2 - 7/18/2017 6:51:42 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Naughteous Maximus

quote:

Booooo! So no Russian invasion of the Balkans, no Bulgarian duplicity, no Bulgarians at all, no partisans, no German withdrawal from Greece, and I'm sure, no expansion pack for the Balkans. What a waste.

He didn't say any of that in his response. Check out Red Lancer's earlier posts on the new event systems for the possibilities.

Post #: 1331
RE: WitE 2 - 7/18/2017 7:10:56 AM   
Stelteck

The game is really quite mind crushing. I'am not sûre he really need MORE units and theaters right now . Or fewer and fewer people will dare too play it.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 1332
RE: WitE 2 - 7/18/2017 7:29:44 AM   
morvael

quote:

ORIGINAL: No idea

One thing that would improve the air warfare micromanagement a lot would be making a feature that sends your air groups automatically to reserve when morale drops below a certain value. Now it is a nightmare having to send them manually when the soviets can easily have 10 or 15 air groups per turn which have been decimated. Taking each one of them to reserve is "worth" several clicks

I don't think you can send voluntarily air units to national reserve in the WitW air system that is going to be used in WitE2. Only reinforcements appear there, before they are deployed for the first time.

(in reply to No idea)
Post #: 1333
RE: WitE 2 - 7/18/2017 10:47:25 AM   
RedLancer

quote:

ORIGINAL: loki100

quote:

quote:

He didn't say any of that in his response. Check out Red Lancer's earlier posts on the new event systems for the possibilities.

Took the words right out of my mouth. In fact in the editor you can put Regions on the Map or assigned to a Theatre Box. Theoretically you should be able to put the Balkans on the Map (not that I have tried). Whether the Bulgarians should be a playable faction is a point for discussion. It would allow scope for many possibilities but in development terms adds yet more complexity. The event system can be used to imply their influence but as on map counters presents yet more challenges. I'd lobby for this functionality for an expansion disk. As for the Yugoslav factions then that is a game in its own right if you wanted to work beyond the functionality of the events system.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 1334
RE: WitE 2 - 7/18/2017 10:11:50 PM   
Naughteous Maximus

@ Red Lancer,( ) If you can get the Balkan's included in an expansion, or if it can be created through the editor would, in my honest opinion, greatly enhance the playability and enjoyability of the game.

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 1335
RE: WitE 2 - 7/22/2017 3:15:36 PM   
Zorch

quote:

@ Red Lancer,( ) If you can get the Balkan's included in an expansion, or if it can be created through the editor would, in my honest opinion, greatly enhance the playability and enjoyability of the game.

The Balkans will have to wait for War in Europe, if that ever comes to pass.

Post #: 1336
RE: WitE 2 - 7/22/2017 4:29:29 PM   
RedLancer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

quote:

The Balkans will have to wait for War in Europe, if that ever comes to pass.

You may well be right but to get to War in Europe requires development of a better naval model. IMO the problem with adding more Balkan stuff now is that it detracts from getting the main event right for what was a essentially a complex side show. We did a North Africa expansion for WitW so a Balkans one for WitE2 is not so far fetched as it is simpler than adding a naval model.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 1337
RE: WitE 2 - 8/5/2017 11:34:02 AM   
Templer_12

I completely dislike these new weathergraphics!

< Message edited by Templer -- 8/5/2017 11:35:22 AM >

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 1338
RE: WitE 2 - 8/5/2017 5:43:26 PM   
RedLancer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Templer

I completely dislike these new weathergraphics!

If you are talking about the WitW weather graphics then you'll be pleased to know that all the ground art for weather has already changed as we have revamped the map.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to Templer_12)
Post #: 1339
RE: WitE 2 - 8/5/2017 5:45:30 PM   
lowsugar

What about better cv math, will it still be an option in WITE2?

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 1340
RE: WitE 2 - 8/5/2017 9:02:43 PM   
RedLancer

quote:

ORIGINAL: lowsugar

What about better cv math, will it still be an option in WITE2?

Almost certainly not because the combat systems are now significantly different. This is due to the code diverging in two directions since it split when WitW was developed. Since then morvael has made changes to WitE and Gary and Pavel have developed WitW and now WitE2.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to lowsugar)
Post #: 1341
RE: WitE 2 - 8/5/2017 9:40:29 PM   
gmtello

Suppose it has Been asked before but What about release date?

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 1342
RE: WitE 2 - 8/5/2017 11:05:37 PM   
Joel Billings

Still more than 12 months out. Can't say more than this as there's still lots to do and lost of testing to be done. But we are making good progress.

-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to gmtello)
Post #: 1343
RE: WitE 2 - 8/6/2017 11:43:59 PM   
TheLysander

Will the SS Division have their actual names displayed. For example i know that Das Reich is displayed in the first 3 years of the war in WITE but later changes to 2nd SS Panzer and loses the Das Reich. Also, all of the other division, elite or not don't have their names displayed. 11th SS PzG Div doesn't have the Nordland name in it etc.

< Message edited by TheLysander -- 8/7/2017 12:26:47 AM >

Post #: 1344
RE: WitE 2 - 8/7/2017 12:26:36 PM   
Templer_12

quote:

ORIGINAL: Red Lancer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Templer

I completely dislike these new weather graphics!

If you are talking about the WitW weather graphics then you'll be pleased to know that all the ground art for weather has already changed as we have revamped the map.

I do not like these micro pics at the edge of the hex fields. I do not like them at all!
Looks very childish. Like from a children's picture book.
The same is true of my copy of War in the West.

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 1345
RE: WitE 2 - 8/7/2017 4:20:33 PM   
RedLancer

The air weather graphics is one area of the GUI that is actually really easy to change. For WitW one of the principles that guided the artwork was the torrent of complaints that the WitE mud graphics generated because they obscured the map. The challenge is not understanding what people dislike but rather what might do the job better without affecting something else.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to Templer_12)
Post #: 1346
RE: WitE 2 - 8/7/2017 5:34:28 PM   
Zorch

quote:

The air weather graphics is one area of the GUI that is actually really easy to change. For WitW one of the principles that guided the artwork was the torrent of complaints that the WitE mud graphics generated because they obscured the map. The challenge is not understanding what people dislike but rather what might do the job better without affecting something else.

+1 You can't please everyone when it comes to aesthetics.

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 1347
RE: WitE 2 - 8/7/2017 6:33:40 PM   
Templer_12

quote:

I remember some of the complaining about the WitE mud/snow graphics. Actually this graphic style is what I prefer. This way the mud/snow hexes looks like, well, like muddy/snowy hexes.

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 1348
RE: WitE 2 - 8/7/2017 7:33:15 PM   
RedLancer

I'm not sure whether you'll like this but here's a glimpse at how things are changing.

Attachment (1)

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to Templer_12)
Post #: 1349
RE: WitE 2 - 8/7/2017 7:47:18 PM   
Manstein63

Maybe you can get Jison to do the map once it's been finalised.
Manstein63

'There is not, nor aught there be, nothing so exalted on the face of god's great earth, as that prince of foods. THE MUFFIN!!!'

Frank Zappa (Muffin Man)

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 1350
Page:   <<   < prev  43 44 [45] 46 47   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: WitE 2 Page: <<   < prev  43 44 [45] 46 47   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI