Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

re-reading Special Messages ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> re-reading Special Messages ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
re-reading Special Messages ? - 9/21/2015 3:41:50 PM   
AlGrant

When a scenario generates a Special Message and I either Close or Close + Resume is there a way to read these messages later. I know they also show in the message log but tend vanish down the list quite quickly.

The pop up Special Message screen does have < Previous and > Next buttons but these don't seem to work on previously closed messages.

There have been a few times when I wanted to look back at some of the earlier messages and couldn't find a quick way to read them.

Also in the Editor I was also looking for a way to either append some messages to the Side Briefing or allow them to be easily accessible to the player.

I want to create a scenario where the players mission orders change as the scenario progresses.
Starting the mission giving the player quite generic orders of providing a naval presence around a particular area (a bit of flag waving) then have the mission change in response to other events and
forcing the player to react to new tasking.

If everything goes into the initial Side Briefing then that removes the element of surprise and if I just rely on the pop up Special Messages then the player can't read back to check their current orders.

Thanks

Post #: 1
RE: re-reading Special Messages ? - 9/21/2015 5:09:00 PM   
mikmykWS

Go to options and open messages in a seperate window. These are written to the game log as well.

Thanks

Mike

(in reply to AlGrant)
Post #: 2
RE: re-reading Special Messages ? - 9/22/2015 3:20:45 PM   
AlGrant

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Go to options and open messages in a seperate window. These are written to the game log as well.

Thanks

Mike

Thanks.
I was looking to see if there was a way to scroll back/forward through the 'special messages' using the < and > buttons, the buttons are there but I guess they only work if there are multiple messages pop up at once.

Probably the easiest way is to have the message log open in another window and use a font/colour that makes them stand out from everything else.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 3
RE: re-reading Special Messages ? - 9/23/2015 12:41:25 AM   
mikmykWS

These appear in the rolling messages on the bottom left of your display which you can also display as a separate window under options. This separate window is scroll able.

(in reply to AlGrant)
Post #: 4
RE: re-reading Special Messages ? - 9/23/2015 1:39:18 AM   
Gunner98

I like to keep a word file open and copy the msgs into them. Keeps the important stuff handy.

B

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> re-reading Special Messages ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI