Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Operation Torch: Managing Air Battles

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> The War Room >> Operation Torch: Managing Air Battles Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Operation Torch: Managing Air Battles - 9/22/2015 4:50:29 PM   
Daniele

One of the most important features implemented in Gary Grigsby’s War in the West was the renovated management of the Aerial Warfare.

Their decisive superiority in the air war granted the Allies the capacities to reduce the German operational advantages given by their armoured formations, and in the long run it deprived them of their mobility.

Operation Torch – the upcoming Gary Grigsby’s War in the West’s expansion – brings the air war to a higher level, allowing you not only to play with a deeper Air/Land integration, and to play multi-player games where the air and ground command is split between two players, but also for the first time to run two air campaign scenarios focusing on the control of air groups!

The improved Air Navigation Panel and additional Air HQs make the organization and distribution of air forces much simpler and coherent than before!

Do you want to know how? Discover it by clicking here and here with these one page guides!

To better show this functionality we would like to share three familiar screenshots explaining how these features work!

This great new expansion will be available on the 8th of October!

Get more information about the game on its official Product Page

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West: Operation Torch is an expansion for War in the West and requires the base game to play.

Air unit detail screen for a specially trained German Wild Sau unit showing the unit’s insignia.

New Strategic (city) Recon shown on map. Allows you to see at a glance where you have recent photo reconnaissance of factories and where you are blind.

New Air Navigation Panel makes it easier to view your air force on the map and align it as desired. There is a new one page guide describing the functionality of this panel.
Post #: 1
RE: Operation Torch: Managing Air Battles - 9/22/2015 11:38:36 PM   
Beilisarius

Will any changes be incorporated in War in the West (through a patch) or will they be unique to Operation Torch only?

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 2
RE: Operation Torch: Managing Air Battles - 9/23/2015 6:15:00 AM   
Joel Billings

All but the 11 new scenarios, air insignia art, and the 3 player/4 player/Cooperative vs AI Multiplayer will be in the main WitW update released when Torch is released.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Beilisarius)
Post #: 3
RE: Operation Torch: Managing Air Battles - 10/3/2015 11:28:24 PM   
freeboy

must have now.. cannot wait for the 8th to come !! lol

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 4
RE: Operation Torch: Managing Air Battles - 10/4/2015 9:49:22 AM   
HMSWarspite

Cool. Can't wait.

Is it me, but I can't see what the 'specially trained' comment against the German screen shot means (or is that a RL comment and in game you just have a day fighter launch at night to do Wilde Sau)? In other words has anything changed there?

I have a cunning plan, My Lord

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 5
RE: Operation Torch: Managing Air Battles - 10/4/2015 10:08:51 AM   
RedLancer

quote:

ORIGINAL: HMSWarspite

Cool. Can't wait.

Is it me, but I can't see what the 'specially trained' comment against the German screen shot means (or is that a RL comment and in game you just have a day fighter launch at night to do Wilde Sau)? In other words has anything changed there?

Starting from July 1943 the German JG 300/JG 301/JG 302 groups will try to intercept over light and heavy urban areas which will provide significant detection bonus and which is weather dependent.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to HMSWarspite)
Post #: 6
RE: Operation Torch: Managing Air Battles - 10/4/2015 1:39:55 PM   
HMSWarspite

Thanks, thats cool!

I have a cunning plan, My Lord

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 7
RE: Operation Torch: Managing Air Battles - 10/5/2015 6:00:54 AM   
KWG

quote:

ORIGINAL: Red Lancer

Starting from July 1943 the German JG 300/JG 301/JG 302 groups will try to intercept over light and heavy urban areas which will provide significant detection bonus and which is weather dependent.

YEEEHAWW!!!

"A word was said - a mare is standing by the fence."

(in reply to RedLancer)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> The War Room >> Operation Torch: Managing Air Battles Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI