Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MIA Autosave folder

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> MIA Autosave folder Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MIA Autosave folder - 9/27/2015 10:39:49 AM   
slane_slith

A few weeks ago my internet security software started having a issue with WITP:AE and gave me all kinds of trouble. One thing that I hadn't noticed until now is that my autosave folder is missing. Can I simply stick a folder in there labeled autosave or is it more complicated than that?

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph" -Thomas Paine
Post #: 1
RE: MIA Autosave folder - 9/27/2015 3:22:27 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: slane

A few weeks ago my internet security software started having a issue with WITP:AE and gave me all kinds of trouble. One thing that I hadn't noticed until now is that my autosave folder is missing. Can I simply stick a folder in there labeled autosave or is it more complicated than that?

AFAIK, yes you can do that.

But the question is 'what happened to it?'. If it existed and just mysteriously went away, is it possible that your security software quarantined it? If so, might that happen again?

Security software does yield false positives from time to time and one or two brands have done so with WITP and AE in the past. Usually a software publisher or user has to send a report to the security software vendor so they can remove or change the signature or whatever causing the false positive.

(in reply to slane_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: MIA Autosave folder - 9/27/2015 7:46:43 PM   
wdolson

Usually the anti-virus company wants to hear from the publisher. I would recommend contacting Matrix support and tell them what happened along with the info about your AV program so they can contact the company and get it sorted out.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 3
RE: MIA Autosave folder - 9/29/2015 7:53:44 PM   
slane_slith

Thanks guys. I apologize for not responding sooner, work.

I contacted my internet security provider. They were less than helpful.

I'm not sure what happened. I went to download one of the betas and it kept saying that it (the beta and the game) was malicious and dumped it into quarantine. As soon as I pulled it out of quarantine it would say it was malicious and the circle would start again. I ended up have to bypass it to get the software to leave it alone.

Thanks again

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph" -Thomas Paine

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 4
RE: MIA Autosave folder - 9/29/2015 8:37:28 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: slane

Thanks guys. I apologize for not responding sooner, work.

I contacted my internet security provider. They were less than helpful.

I'm not sure what happened. I went to download one of the betas and it kept saying that it (the beta and the game) was malicious and dumped it into quarantine. As soon as I pulled it out of quarantine it would say it was malicious and the circle would start again. I ended up have to bypass it to get the software to leave it alone.

Thanks again

This is pretty much why I don't use much for anti-virus software and the like. All too often, some legitimate thing I'm trying to do gets caught by overly aggressive software. It's not a fun time trying to get around it.

(in reply to slane_slith)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> MIA Autosave folder Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI